Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very much looking forward to Frodo. I collected a bunch of the SS LOTR figs back in the day before Frodo and Sam came out, but gave up hope of ever finishing the fellowship, so I skipped the hobbits. Now, I FINALLY feel like I'm getting there thanks to Asmus, and Frodo is a BIG part of that. Not to say the others don't matter, but Frodo, Aragorn, and Gandalf have to be the key players.

Now, if Asmus can just get Gimli on PO and start on a new body for Gollum...I'd feel like my LOTR collection is complete. Except maybe an Elven Armor Elrond.

Yeah, those Frodo faces look pretty great. Very promising.

It's still odd the way Asmus does their heads in multiple pieces, though. I wonder what the technical reasons are for that? Especially when it's not a haired sculpt.

It's still odd the way Asmus does their heads in multiple pieces, though. I wonder what the technical reasons are for that? Especially when it's not a haired sculpt.
So they can add a haired version later. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Easier/better manufacturing. Think of trying to mold Frodo's hair and face in one piece, you would loose a lot of depth and volume. Even HT has separate or parts of hair that peg in on some figures. Compare that to figures like Legolas who don't look right with a separate piece - it's one mold.

Easier/better manufacturing. Think of trying to mold Frodo's hair and face in one piece, you would loose a lot of depth and volume. Even HT has separate or parts of hair that peg in on some figures. Compare that to figures like Legolas who don't look right with a separate piece - it's one mold.

The hair being separate makes a lot of sense. It also makes painting faster and easier, I bet. Fewer fiddly edges. But the separation of the face from the rest of the head is puzzling. The central head part on the Aragorn 1.0 was kind of honeycombed. I wonder if they do it to save some money by using less plastic maybe?

Whatever the reason, all I know is, Frodo is looking great!

From Facebook... He's PERFECT!

FB_IMG_1516012411458.jpg
FB_IMG_1516012400946.jpg
FB_IMG_1516012389247.jpg

That looks great tbh. Best figure they did so far. Boromir and Legolas looked okay as well but this one is spot-on. Only criticism is the detail in the hairsculpt. I'll probably pick this up together with their upcoming Bilbo Baggins.

That looks great tbh. Best figure they did so far. Boromir and Legolas looked okay as well but this one is spot-on. Only criticism is the detail in the hairsculpt. I'll probably pick this up together with their upcoming Bilbo Baggins.
I agree. The hair could be repainted with more detail though as well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Massive improvement. I'm eagerly awaiting Ray's rooted hair work on this fig. And while the sculpted hair isn't perfect - remember how small the Hobbits are compared to a person - it won't have the same result from macro photos that it'll have on the shelf. Those pictures are very tempting, and the metal sting really looks good.

I got the final payment invoice this morning. They say he will ship out next week.

Back