Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still on the originals bandwagon too. Doesn't make any since they swapped it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I take it that's the "interactive" part of the display they were teasing. Personally I think it looks weird but I simply won't use it so problem solved. I guess someone else might think it's cool.

That beard looks so odd, there's just this long solid brick hanging off his face. Not sure how one would do it better though.

Everything else looks good.
I'd love to see a shot with him wearing his hat.

13508856_10153510711161968_7916152113045703711_n.jpg

Yeah, that's looking like what they mean by "interactive." It's fine. It wouldn't work for my display, but I hope there are folks who can enjoy it. (I was personally hoping for a sound chip like the ToyBiz figure, but I suppose I can always dig the base for that figure out of storage and push the button anytime I want!)

Hopefully they address the beard/hair color issue before he starts shipping. I'm also hoping they weather the hell out of his outfit.

Thranduil is looking pretty nice there ...

No light-up.... oh well. I guess the "surprise" was that it can hang on the wall. Not sure I'm surprised by that. I expected that.

I am surprised by the Thranduil.

What are we looking a here? A prototype?

New to the this thread as I am considering getting this figure. I collect mostly Star Wars and Marvel when it comes to 1/6 figures, but a Gandalf figure would be great to go with my shelf with my Tolkien books and movies. Because I have other high quality figures in my office I would like a Gandalf figure to be able to hold its own with the others. The pictures of the pro-type on the Sideshow page (like the one below) look awesome. But I would love to know what it actually will look like. The real hair makes me nervous, not that I am against the idea in principle, but it needs to be done well and I do worry about it looking disconnected and to different from the beard. But it does look good on the pics where you can order it from Sideshow.

lord-of-the-rings-gandalf-the-grey-sixth-scale-asmus-902681-18.jpg

What are we looking a here? A prototype?

New to the this thread as I am considering getting this figure. I collect mostly Star Wars and Marvel when it comes to 1/6 figures, but a Gandalf figure would be great to go with my shelf with my Tolkien books and movies. Because I have other high quality figures in my office I would like a Gandalf figure to be able to hold its own with the others. The pictures of the pro-type on the Sideshow page (like the one below) look awesome. But I would love to know what it actually will look like. The real hair makes me nervous, not that I am against the idea in principle, but it needs to be done well and I do worry about it looking disconnected and to different from the beard. But it does look good on the pics where you can order it from Sideshow.

View attachment 272122

Please come back next week,
you will find out.

Back