Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please come back next week,
you will find out.

:)Ok, perhaps next week will be some sort of "the turn of the tide", so I shall "come back"...

(and no... I am not expecting Gandalf the White)

Can't wait to see what you will have for us :)

I really like that Asmus still show up here despite the negativity (not saying people are out of order but in general the happier people are less likely to post)
I would love to see a better match with the beard/hair so I will be here next week to see what happens!
My PO is in direct with Asmus, so any nice surprises are welcome!

People who are happy or happy enough tend to post their opinion once.

Unhappy people tend to post over and over. Like a baby denied a biscuit.

I really like that Asmus still show up here despite the negativity (not saying people are out of order but in general the happier people are less likely to post)
I would love to see a better match with the beard/hair so I will be here next week to see what happens!
My PO is in direct with Asmus, so any nice surprises are welcome!

Well, I just joined, but I'm happy. Because ASMUS is doing 1:6 figs - HOBBIT figs - and I had been wishing HT had picked up the Middle Earth line, but they didn't. And ASMUS is working hard, talking to folks, interacting. HT has some stellar stuff but they had kinks to work out too.

Just askin' re Gandalf - OK, I can see folks want stuff great right out of the box. But looking at pictures - is it really that bothersome to just wash Gandalf's beard w. some dilute paint? Or even maybe some of that oxy stuff and bleach it. If you had to.

I like futzing so for me something like that is minor, if the face is right. Same with weathering. I'd probably swap out some accessories w. real leather anyway, at some point. Stick a real crystal in Gandalf's staff, and so on.

Anyway, I am very happy with ASMUS. Because they are doing something no-one else is doing, really, and seem to care. Not only are they doing Gandalf, but hopefully Thranduil, Thorin, Hobbit Bilbo. Maybe they will be the ones who do a Mirkwood armor Legolas with the face I am looking for. As much as Legolas has been done I haven't been blown away, yet, for me. Not to mention the potential awesomeness of either variations or switch-out costumes.

I like futzing ....

Then you are going to love these figures. I'm the same as you -- love to work with a good base -- and I'm very happy with all of my Asmus figures. So much so that I keep coming back for more, each time they offer.

In the cue: Mouth of Sauron, Gandalf and Grishnahk.

Then you are going to love these figures. I'm the same as you -- love to work with a good base -- and I'm very happy with all of my Asmus figures. So much so that I keep coming back for more, each time they offer.

In the cue: Mouth of Sauron, Gandalf and Grishnahk.

Good to know! Just give me the face! And preferably rooted hair for the characters with lots of hair - Gandalf, Thorin, Thranduil, Gimli, even Legolas and Frodo and Sam. I know some would disagree, depending, but Middle Earth is a hairy place.:cool:

And so ASMUS, if you do read posts, hope you know there are BUYERS out there who are watching what you are doing with interest. But take your time to get those likenesses (like the awesome Saruman and Aragorn). Meanwhile I gotta get Gandalf ordered!

Those are about the truest words I have ever read on the Internet. Although the baby and biscuit comment might be an unflattering comparison.

Those are about the truest words I have ever read on the Internet. Although the baby and biscuit comment might be an unflattering comparison.

Yeah you're right, I've raised babies and they forget about the biscuit pretty quick.

I'm still hoping the hat is actually blue on the final figure.

Well.
Blue hat is really out of the window, I totally agree with you it is what the book describes.
but... We sign the movie version, and I blame the director... :rotfl

You're all gonna laugh but I am using this for a 1/6 Merlin Sword In The Stone display lol, I agree the first sculpt was definitely Gandalf but this works for me.

It's the same story as reviews.

People who love an item will review it ecstatically.
People who hate an item will review it vehemently.
People who are just happy with an item are much less likely to give a review at all.

It's very hard to find pure, objective reviews these days. That's one of the reasons I hold Michael Crawford's work in such high regard.

I don't think I ever gave my kids biscuits when they were babies....waaaay too dangerous. The removal of hot cereal on the other hand would have elicited immediate flesh wounds. :orc

Well.
Blue hat is really out of the window, I totally agree with you it is what the book describes.
but... We sign the movie version, and I blame the director... :rotfl

Fair enough :)

Will it at least be the faded blue-grey it was in the movies?
Hobbit-AUJ-21-Bilbo-Gandalf-Bag-End-outside.jpg

Back