Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love seeing the amount of discussions generated anytime we see any wip images in the backgrounds. There is a genuine thirst for seeing how projects unfold and Asmus has been very good to us when it comes to showing us what is in their pipeline. :cool:

Photo from Asmus Twitter account

dc7f85796d9d6d728e9840b9a5dd7768.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad pic but you can see the detail and the overall improvement that Asmus has been making. Looks as good as any HT figure there... hopefully it will look like Ian as Gandalf.

I guess someone's just having fun? Doesn't make sense to me. Why post a photo of an unreleased figure making it look like a goofy toy? I would imagine a company would only want to release photos of their products looking their absolute best...

Have to agree that's a very unflattering shot. When I saw this on my phone screen as a small picture, I thought for a second it was another shot of the Toybiz version posted on the previous pages. Obviously the figure will look miles beyond that and I'm looking forward to him, but the heavy lens distortion is not helping him in that shot. His head looks tiny.

Man, he's ready already? I'm still waiting on BBTS to get Mouth in. Bet I get this Gandalf direct from Asmus before BBTS gets Mouth.

That said, the Gandalf army looks great.

He still has that brown stain on the beard.:(

It doesn't look that bad to me. I would hate to think you wouldn't get it because of that.

I will say this though. I hope they didn't decided to change their minds on including a new GTW head sculpt. Someone mentioned on FB about the chance of getting an updated head sculpt for GTW and Asmus said something like, head sculpt and more. That makes me wonder if they are releasing another GTW?

Last edited:
It doesn't look that bad to me. I would hate to think you wouldn't get it because of that.

I will say this though. I hope they didn't decided to change their minds on including a new GTW head sculpt. Someone mentioned on FB about the chance of getting an updated head sculpt for GTW and Asmus said something like, head sculpt and more. That makes me wonder if they are releasing another GTW?

Although I hope they still offer a way to get the improved head sculpt by itself, I would not mind at all if they also offered an improved version with a better vest (both in terms of whiter fabric/stitching color), cuffs on the robe, etc. (with a discount for those who purchased the first version).

Back