Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

giphy.gif

That gif is harassing me!!!!

This movie will make 1.5 to 2 billion worldwide (what Justice League should have made).

Even if DC rebooted the JL and gave the fans exactly what they wanted it would never make these figures. The MCU owns the superhero market and the mass general audience doesn't care for enough for the DC characters. I doubt a rebooted Batman movie would even make the numbers of TDK these days.

Even if DC rebooted the JL and gave the fans exactly what they wanted it would never make these figures. The MCU owns the superhero market and the mass general audience doesn't care for enough for the DC characters. I doubt a rebooted Batman movie would even make the numbers of TDK these days.

TDK only made the $ it did because Ledger died

This movie will make 1.5 to 2 billion worldwide (what Justice League should have made).

Maybe ....if JL has come out before BvsS and Suicide Squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, I think people tend to overestimate the appeal of Bats and Supes, especially since they've had so many reboots. At least Snyder tried a fresh take.

TDK only made the $ it did because Ledger died

I've always felt this. Just look at BB's numbers.

Is that why TDKRises made more than TDK? The film with no Ledger or A list villain? :lol

Coasting on the success of TDK, rather like IM3.

If WB done right by DC and didn't rush it to play catch up JL would make a comfortable 1.5 billion.

True, I think people tend to overestimate the appeal of Bats and Supes, especially since they've had so many reboots. At least Snyder tried a fresh take.

I've always felt this. Just look at BB's numbers.

Coasting on the success of TDK, rather like IM3.

Then explain wonder woman to JL lol

The MCU owns the superhero market and the mass general audience doesn't care for enough for the DC characters.

Plus I don't think the mass general audience knows which are Marvel and which are DC. Even some journalists have called WW and Aquaman Marvel characters!

So who’s film is this?
Cap? Cause he’s gonna die?
Iron Man? Cause he’s gonna realize he screwed earth by breaking up the Avengers?

There is not enough screen time to really make this film have a story for any of the others.... they will have small loose ends tied up....but that’s all they MIGHt have time for.

May 2016 https://www.slashfilm.com/avengers-infinity-war-relationships/:

When we spoke with Anthony & Joe Russo at the junket, the directing duo told us about some of the personal conflicts they’re already thinking about for Infinity War:

Joe Russo: Certainly Scarlet Witch and Vision. It’s a very compelling story. Obviously, it’s one ripped from the comics that, for many years, there was some very interesting storytelling and characters. One character is searching for how to identify with humanity, another who is on a journey away from her humanity towards becoming a very powerful being.

Anthony Russo: I would also say Captain America and Iron Man is central. Can those guys ever repair their relationship? What is their relationship ever going to be like moving forward from this?

Joe Russo: Should they repair it?

Anthony Russo: That’s as complicated as anything. The other relationship that’s still exciting to us is, again, Cap and Bucky. The wonderful thing about this movie, which started in Winter Soldier, is that Cap had a belief in him, that there’s still a human being inside the Winter Soldier that he can save and that he can reach, and he’s gone to incredible lengths now, with incredible faith, that that’s waiting for him if he goes there. He’s found that human being inside Bucky Barnes, but who is that guy going forward? Just because he’s found and he’s there, he’s still this crazy, bastard hybrid of who he used to be in The First Avenger and this killing machine.

Joe Russo: If he’s not Bucky Barnes or The Winter Soldier, then who he is?

Anthony Russo: He’s somebody new now. What kind of relationship will him and Cap have moving forward?

May 2017: https://variety.com/2017/film/news/russo-brothers-interview-avengers-infinity-war-star-wars-1202498783/
Anthony: In “Winter Soldier” we were thinking about the surveillance state. In “Civil War” our heroes had to decide, is it better to allow themselves to be monitored and controlled by the government or to disband and not let that happen? It’s a theme that just keeps expanding. You’ll find that “Infinity War” and the still untitled Avengers movie deal with much larger issues. They move beyond the politics. Those stories were specifically about Captain America, and he’s a guy that wears a flag on his shield. We can’t help but address current American issues with him. “Infinity War” deals with much deeper, more universal and more profound themes of fate and destiny and the essence of what it means to be a hero.

November 2017: https://www.cnet.com/news/avengers-infinity-war-russo-brothers-interview/
Anthony: With "Infinity War," the biggest new element to the movie is Thanos and the fact that he's entering the storytelling in a very bold, strong way, to the degree that he's almost one of the leads. We've shaped an interesting narrative around him that in some ways leans heavily on a heist film in the fact that he's going after the infinity stones in a much bolder, successful way than he has in the past. The entire movie has that energy of the bad guy being one step ahead of the heroes.

The Russos had already said in other articles that w. that many characters, there would be several main arcs - not details of every character there. Probably anyone w. a solo movie isn't going to have huge screen time. So as to "whose" movie it is, I'll go with Cap/IM w. large appearances from Thanos, WS and the other Avengers - BW, Falcon, Hawkeye, Vision, Rhodes, SW, Vision. E.g the Civil War group w. the Black Order + possibly some key Wakandans.

And lots of interesting appearances from actors like Peter Dinklage. Maybe Hela will show up. And happily or unhappily by the end there will be a new MCU:dunno

Back