Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (May 4, 2018)

Thanos with helmet.

xLgD7O2.jpg

Looks better without

why is someone's opinion idiotic? See that's the problem with the movie section. If you don't agree with the majority then you have no voice. I liked Justice League. We know how that opinion goes in that thread don't we?

I remember getting my head chewed off for liking Jurassic World more than Jurassic Park III a few times. I'd like to root for JP3 more since more effort when into making that dreck from a filmmaking standpoint (plus I like the look of the raptors), but there is just no way I can watch the majority of that flick with the annoying Kirby wife.

But we all know how JW > JP3 goes in any thread...

Sorry just doesn't seem like someone trying to be funny. Seems like someone trying to be a **** to me.

My sentiments exactly.

Well not really i’m actually the last guy in the movie section to go and paralyze myself from being able to enjoy a movie with some self imposed hyper critical level of artificial self importance that generates contempt towards any creation.

I haven’t set a standard so high in my mind that nothing will ever be able to reach it.

Damn, jye laying down some truth! :duff

Complaining about Superman being too strong to remain interesting enough to sustain a movie is a very basic complaint lol.

Superman 78 didn’t have to worry about that problem because of limitations in visual effects or actually they probably had to worry about that problem even more so because of the limitations in visual effects makes me wonder now.

But Superman Returns struggled with that as well.

JL should’ve been about:

JL with good Superman vs Darkseid
or
JL vs bad Superman and Steppenwolf

Any of those 2 scenarios and the team would’ve really had to step up to the plate, all of them not just WW!

**** parademons

**** Batman saying “Uhh I did not not like you” durr durr.

Everything WB did was either rushed or half-assed (usually both) with no narrative rhyme or reason. Remember when the post-credits scene in The Avengers had everyone assuming that Thanos would be the next bad guy way back in 2012??? But then Marvel said nope we're gonna really lay the foundation for this universe for more than half a decade before he shows up. And now in one two minute trailer I'm already thinking "oh ****" for whoever gets in his way. Compared to Steppenwolf who was just: skybeam -> superhero landing -> wait for Superman to kick his ass -> the end.

JL showed us a brief FOTR battle as a flashback because they've seen other movies do that, Infinity War is giving us a full FOTR battle in the present filled with superheroes we know because *no one* has ever done that. I've probably watched the trailer 10 times since yesterday and I never do that. It hit me that finally I'm seeing a preview for an MCU film that is no longer a lead up to the main event, the main event is here. No more announcing CW and IW before AoU hit theaters (which so killed my enthusiasm for AoU.) There's NOTHING after IW that has me this excited. Can't wait!

Just the thumbnail and caption alone is hilarious, lol. That could probably serve as an accurate sig for most members here. :D

Damn, jye laying down some truth! :duff

Everything WB did was either rushed or half-assed (usually both) with no narrative rhyme or reason. Remember when the post-credits scene in The Avengers had everyone assuming that Thanos would be the next bad guy way back in 2012??? But then Marvel said nope we're gonna really lay the foundation for this universe for more than half a decade before he shows up. And now in one two minute trailer I'm already thinking "oh ****" for whoever gets in his way. Compared to Steppenwolf who was just: skybeam -> superhero landing -> wait for Superman to kick his ass -> the end.

JL showed us a brief FOTR battle as a flashback because they've seen other movies do that, Infinity War is giving us a full FOTR battle in the present filled with superheroes we know because *no one* has ever done that. I've probably watched the trailer 10 times since yesterday and I never do that. It hit me that finally I'm seeing a preview for an MCU film that is no longer a lead up to the main event, the main event is here. No more announcing CW and IW before AoU hit theaters (which so killed my enthusiasm for AoU.) There's NOTHING after IW that has me this excited. Can't wait!

You just described the DCEU, the grand build up to the JL, the full narrative in 3 freaking steps lol.

This is how the WB story meeting went for the grand formation of the JL:

Step 1: Steppenwolf lands
Step 2: Superman kicks his ass
Step 3: Credits

lololololololololololol

Oh and Flash got a job can’t forget that very important detail.

Last edited:

You just described the DCEU, the grand build up to the JL, the full narrative in 3 freaking steps lol.

This is how the WB story meeting went for the grand formation of the JL:

Step 1: Steppenwolf lands
Step 2: Superman kicks his ass
Step 3: Credits

lololololololololololol

Oh and Flash got a job.

It's literally true, lol. Even people that liked the DCEU were all "please just reboot this mess" after JL. That IW clip had the opposite effect on me. I actually want to revisit the parts of the MCU that I didn't love now. That's how freaking high my series goodwill is right now. I was planning on skipping BP in theaters. No flipping way now! :lol

Man DC is a joke. The biggest heroes in the medium and they waste them on the same damn plot we've seen a hundred times since TF Dark of the Moon. Can you imagine them having the balls to make Batman go tribal and lead an army of Zulu warriors on foot? My mind is blown, how does Marvel continue to amaze, how do they do it??? :thud:

It's literally true, lol. Even people that liked the DCEU were all "please just reboot this mess" after JL. That IW clip had the opposite effect on me. I actually want to revisit the parts of the MCU that I didn't love now. That's how freaking high my series goodwill is right now. I was planning on skipping BP in theaters. No flipping way now! :lol

Man DC is a joke. The biggest heroes in the medium and they waste them on the same damn plot we've seen a hundred times since TF Dark of the Moon. Can you imagine them having the balls to make Batman go tribal and lead an army of Zulu warriors on foot? My mind is blown, how does Marvel continue to amaze, how do they do it??? :thud:

It’s cause DC did t think there heroes would be successful and now that they see D and C listers and carry a movie they wanna scramble and play catch up. They are absolutely stupid. They green lit a teen titans go movie before an actual teen titans movie. They failed.

Here’s how you lay it out damn it

Superman

Wonder Woman

Batman v superman with metallo at the end and not freaking doomsday. Superman doesn’t die either.

Flash

Green lantern

Justice league

Batman - red hood

Teen titans

Blue beetle

Man of steel 2

Wonder Woman 2

Nightwing

Batman 2

Flashpoint

Justice league 2

Go from there

I'd like to see a Justice League dark.

Plastic Man - Obviously a comedy.

Swamp Thing

Explore the multiverse

Super Boy Prime

New Gods movie

And the list goes on and on....but, we'll get more Batman :lol

Infinity war looks good but Thanos does not. If people are going to knock Justice league for the cgi then they should do the same with Thanos..why didn’t they just use makeup or practical effects on josh brolin, if they were making cgi Thanos look like him?... his face looks terrible like some cross between Bruce Willis and brolin with some sort of allergic reaction. I don’t get it.. he would probably look so much better if they didn’t try to make him look like the actor but in all honesty he looks worst than SW and even doomsday. I really hope they fix his face because right now he does not look menacing, Thanos should not make you want to laugh when you see him...

why is someone's opinion idiotic? See that's the problem with the movie section. If you don't agree with the majority then you have no voice. I liked Justice League. We know how that opinion goes in that thread don't we?

It is simply idiotic in the context of the conversation between me and clown.
I dont give a crap if someone doesnt like a movie or not,
You can like or dislike whatever you want. Thats the point, my post to clown was how harry potter is an incredibly successful franchise in all aspects, both financially and satisfactory with fans, that franchise is a total success to the point that they adapted it for both universal studios parks and it has become a huge success to universal as well with millions of worldwide visitors every year.
Chakor can dislike it as much as he desires, it doesnt change the fact that even the potter writer is very happy with them. They are such a success that the potter writer herself considers it so

Aguing against that, is... idiotic.

It is simply idiotic in the context of the conversation between me and clown.
I dont give a crap if someone doesnt like a movie or not,
You can like or dislike whatever you want. Thats the point, my post to clown was how harry potter is an incredibly successful franchise in all aspects, both financially and satisfactory with fans, that franchise is a total success to the point that they adapted it for both universal studios parks and it has become a huge success to universal as well with millions of worldwide visitors every year.
Chakor can dislike it as much as he desires, it doesnt change the fact that even the potter writer is very happy with them. They are such a success that the potter writer herself considers it so

Aguing against that, is... idiotic.

Not blaming WB for the DCEU is....idiotic.

I’m planning on going to BP opening night in Brooklyn wearing that sign Mclane wore in Die Hard 3.

Should be fun.

Infinity war looks good but Thanos does not. If people are going to knock Justice league for the cgi then they should do the same with Thanos..why didn’t they just use makeup or practical effects on josh brolin, if they were making cgi Thanos look like him?... his face looks terrible like some cross between Bruce Willis and brolin with some sort of allergic reaction. I don’t get it.. he would probably look so much better if they didn’t try to make him look like the actor but in all honesty he looks worst than SW and even doomsday. I really hope they fix his face because right now he does not look menacing, Thanos should not make you want to laugh when you see him...

The better uses of computer effects makes you almost forget that it is there and almost suspend belief that it's not a practical effect. A lot of the Iron Man stuff like the big battle in IM3 I almost start believing it could be real. The scene of Thanos appearing just looks like cgi on top of cgi.

One thing I enjoyed about Fellowship of the Ring is I largely felt like I was watching Middle Earth. Sure there was some shocking stuff in it too, like the camera panning back during the Moria Mine chase, but PJ and Weta took it to Star Wars prequel levels of low by the time the Hobbit Trilogy came along..

Back