Avengers - The Infinity War a.k.a The Hot Toys Reckoning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

HT just getting too expensive and I cant be buying these things forever. After I get a full Justice League (didnt happen this go around) Im leaving HT for good.

I don't think i'll stop. Was definitly gonna stop with the MCu movies after infinity war but now that they have xmen and FF i'm interested again. I need more xmen in my collection.

Quitters :lol

Just kidding. Wow so many people leaving HT collecting after IW :( So begins the dark age of collecting :lol

I'm not too interested in what comes next (Post P4 etc). I'm sure I'll watch the movies and maybe pick up some 1:4 stuff, but in terms of 1:6, HT is pretty much a done deal for me once we wrap up what as almost been a faultless decade of MCU movies.

It'll be interesting to reflect back on the stuff HT got wrong (almost all of the non ScarJo resembling BW figures :mad:) and what they got right (Mark VII).

I don't know about it being dark age of collecting, but it's definitely going to be a new age and maybe it's a good thing that the seemingly endless production of IM armors (far to many IMO) grinds to a halt and the focus is put on making new and more interesting / challenging pieces - Ironically a good example is the Hulkbuster.

I had always signed up to this point, so we'll see, but I'm sure I'm not alone when it comes to putting Marvel collecting on back burner post Phase 4 (etc).

I don't think i'll stop. Was definitly gonna stop with the MCu movies after infinity war but now that they have xmen and FF i'm interested again. I need more xmen in my collection.

But it's all a bit too late (for me) especially in terms of collecting. :dunno

Scarlet Witch, already implemented - Quicksilver is dead. (cheap death too - thanks Whedon :slap)
- Are they just going to ignore the Sokovia business, i.e Pietro and Wanda and pretend like it never happened? Probably and while that's going to be interesting to see if it's just a clean reboot or if they somehow try to backtrack on the (admittedly) forced decisions due to the X Men rights BS.

My main issue, most of the good cast will be gone. While I'd happily see a new Rogue :)love) Cast, not having a JLaw Mystique stil leaves me feeling salty, same goes for a Fasbender Magneto.

I'm sure a lot of thought will go into things like Wolverine, and yes I too will watch the movies but purely from a collecting stand point - Nope. Too late, far too late and irritating such an opportunity lost. There should have been more XMen figures made from Days of Future Past, hell I'd have thrown money at the so-so Age of Apocalypse Olivia Munn Psylocke

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hah I hear you!

This is where Marvel looses points. I'm not in the Marvel VS DC group, BUT what you can say for DC is that they have dropped an absolute GEM of a movie in Wonder Woman. It's always bugged me they've not really done much with the female characters within the MCU.

Jessica Jones was fantastic, but movie wise, far too safe. Winter Soldier was the closest we've come to seeing a BW movie.

You have ScarJo :)drool) who is no stranger to action movies, CAN act just as good as Gadot and more importantly is already comfortable in the role. Yet Marvel won't (as far as we know) lock her in to a standalone movie. :gah:

Then you get this.
I'm sure I wasn't the only BW / Marvel fan who thought "COME ON Marvel" after watching this really intriguing trailer. Logan / Deadpool have already shown you can make an 'Adult' Marvel movie, so Red Sparrow is what the BW movie could, indeed should have been.

JLaw looks like a girl on fire :)monkey3) in that role, and I am really excited to see the movie, but yeah shame on Marvel for not giving us at last one BW movie especially with some like like ScarJo already locked into the role. In short: Idiots. :cuckoo:

Collecting for me has always been about only getting the ones I love, not just getting things I like. I'm sure there will be a point where I won't bother anymore with HTs, but we'll see. Since I'm so selective, I could go years without ever getting a figure.

Collecting for me has always been about only getting the ones I love, not just getting things I like. I'm sure there will be a point where I won't bother anymore with HTs, but we'll see. Since I'm so selective, I could go years without ever getting a figure.

Same Prime, Same - Sometimes there have been instances where ive been tempted to buy stuff I like but with HT and collecting in general I have kept it to the products I love and really want.

Obviously not all collectors are the same and in many cases please have to have every single character, even if they don't like them and or the figure is less then spectacular in order to have the full line up - for example Drax.

I'm just glad I'm not a completionist :lol

There have been figures like Hulkbuster and diecast War Machine Mark I that I love and want but just can't pull the trigger on the price point. Not because I can't afford them, but more so feeling like it's not worth the cost.

Hah I hear you!

Winter Soldier was the closest we've come to seeing a BW movie.

You have ScarJo :)drool) who is no stranger to action movies, CAN act just as good as Gadot and more importantly is already comfortable in the role. Yet Marvel won't (as far as we know) lock her in to a standalone movie. :gah:

shame on Marvel for not giving us at last one BW movie especially with some like like ScarJo already locked into the role. In short: Idiots. :cuckoo:

Well, the news broke a scriptwriter has been hired...it's a start....

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/marvel-black-widow-jac-schaeffer-screenwriter-1202643908/

Don't know if it qualifies as "standalone" but a WS/BW comic nod, with Hawkeye (Budapest?), Fury, other new characters? - something *badass and gritty* would get me really interested.

Re IW like some others based on Feige's description of upcoming films ("stuff like we've never seen") I dunno. Not sure I get that excited about a cosmic oriented? MCU which sounds like a whole lot of CGI to me and then there's other studio movies set in space and so on.

Well, the news broke a scriptwriter has been hired...it's a start....

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/marvel-black-widow-jac-schaeffer-screenwriter-1202643908/

Don't know if it qualifies as "standalone" but a WS/BW comic nod, with Hawkeye (Budapest?), Fury, other new characters? - something *badass and gritty* would get me really interested.

Definitely a start and something I've been wanted to see green lit since IM2. :pray:

I would want it to be 15/18, gritty, almost Winter Solider-esque and aimed at Adults as apposed to families. I don't think a BW 15/18 would undermine the PG / 12 version seen in in Avengers etc: It would do the character more justice IMO.

NblGWU.gif

For me I think when HT first started with Marvel figures and the Star Wars lines everyone was in. Now a few years later everyone probably has the figures they want from the movies (or multiple thereof) and I think most people are comfortable to pick and choose somewhat. I feel exactly the same way. Also with Star Wars figures it's no different.

So I'm fine to see what they bring going forward. If Disney/Marvel can pull off a few decent FF/X Men movies, then I'm sure we'll all be back with some excitement. But until then lets see. All I want is a Drax with a decent upper body, and I have my core team of Avengers and GotG complete.

I have to agree that when you first start collecting, you try to get everything, and once you've got every character, you get a little choosier. I know I did.

I'll have to pay a close eye to 2.0 Avengers versions, if they do in fact come out as a result of A4. It's my favorite MCU film, still, and it was the first one I really got excited for. If they release a new version of any of the characters from that film, I'd have some serious temptations on my hand :).

But yeah, otherwise, unless there's some key new characters introduced, like Captain Marvel or Wasp, I'm meh on more figures.

Yep. I was fortunate to decide to get a few core Avengers figures just recently, so I could target the latest versions with the best sculpts etc after Hot Toys had perfected their craft over the last couple of years. So hopefully I won't be so tempted by V2 Avenger versions. But let's see what they decide to go with.

Is there actually a Con which HT can show off their IW figures before the movie releases on April 25th ??

I have to agree that when you first start collecting, you try to get everything, and once you've got every character, you get a little choosier. I know I did.

I'll have to pay a close eye to 2.0 Avengers versions, if they do in fact come out as a result of A4. It's my favorite MCU film, still, and it was the first one I really got excited for. If they release a new version of any of the characters from that film, I'd have some serious temptations on my hand :).

But yeah, otherwise, unless there's some key new characters introduced, like Captain Marvel or Wasp, I'm meh on more figures.

:exactly: I'm thinking of slowing down on the Marvel line after A4. Just be the brand new characters for me after that. :)

Yep. I was fortunate to decide to get a few core Avengers figures just recently, so I could target the latest versions with the best sculpts etc after Hot Toys had perfected their craft over the last couple of years. So hopefully I won't be so tempted by V2 Avenger versions. But let's see what they decide to go with.

Is there actually a Con which HT can show off their IW figures before the movie releases on April 25th ??

Maybe some Asian malls where they set up displays and premieres where they show the actors their figures. Although this is the biggest Marvel film ever made so it's entirely possible they will put something unique together especially for it.

I've already slowed down so much on Marvel HT figures. I honestly don't know if I'll get any from Infinity War other than a possible Nebula or Mantis (for my GOTG set up). BP from his solo film is the only other one I'll likely get.

Definitely a start and something I've been wanted to see green lit since IM2. :pray:

I would want it to be 15/18, gritty, almost Winter Solider-esque and aimed at Adults as apposed to families. I don't think a BW 15/18 would undermine the PG / 12 version seen in in Avengers etc: It would do the character more justice IMO.

NblGWU.gif

On board with this - U.S. R rating, enough with no showing ANY blood unless it's sort of after the fact (I don't mean wallowing in gore, just some more *realism*).

Plus, any company IMO that acquired a lot of properties oughta delegate - e.g. tone down the Disney logo to the end credits and have a side company that does the grittier stuff. That way Disney can keep its "family" image but still keep an R rated film under its umbrella. Do a new Marvel logo that's - I dunno - darker - but telegraphs right away this is an adult film (not saying I don't like the current one; but have a separate one for R movies). Maybe something dark metallic and ominous.

Really hope this happens - Scarjo has been onboard for something like this for a while. The Black Widow's murky past to me would be full of material.

Maybe some Asian malls where they set up displays and premieres where they show the actors their figures. Although this is the biggest Marvel film ever made so it's entirely possible they will put something unique together especially for it.

Yes, I recall they did that for Rogue One. Good for us collectors wanting photos and video of new figures as they tend to be very specific for one particular line. (not like cons where the whole lineup is rolled out with a million people getting in the way)

Back