1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

For my Tumbler, I put a black sheet over it and use it as a base.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Isn't there packaging inside, where would you put that?

Store that in my closet somewhere. It's easier to store those separate form parts than storing it all in one giant box.

For my Tumbler, I put a black sheet over it and use it as a base.
That's also a great idea. Might do that.

Found some photos I hadn't seen on Toys Daily:
https://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-210852-1-1.html

jbt9cmnCNywj26.jpg

juPZK3k0vTBxE.jpg

j1snZS1iYfGti.jpg

jbxmcBkqF0iGtx.jpg

jbuGBqG0v9WGpM.jpg

jeMiw2OdXTuBW.jpg

Somehow seems to have same details like the little ones. Barring the dashboard :) ... Jk...

It does look like a big toy though (as in: an upscaled admittedly beautiful cheaper toy).
There I've said it. Let the backlash begin.

I'm getting this monster too, so no reason for me to be negative. For the most part the pics I've see make it look like a large (very large) plastic toy.
yes, yes, I know that's just what it is..It doesn't "look" big in the pics, take it out of it's environment and you would have difficulty telling just what size it is.
That's down to the amount of detail/finish.
It's not a scaled collectors super replica. But I guess it really isn't that expensive considering what it is. :dunno
Hoping to be blown away in hand.

Man, the car indeed is sexier with the canopy closed.

It does look like a big toy though (as in: an upscaled admittedly beautiful cheaper toy).
There I've said it. Let the backlash begin.

I'm getting this monster too, so no reason for me to be negative. For the most part the pics I've see make it look like a large (very large) plastic toy.
yes, yes, I know that's just what it is..It doesn't "look" big in the pics, take it out of it's environment and you would have difficulty telling just what size it is.
That's down to the amount of detail/finish.
It's not a scaled collectors super replica. But I guess it really isn't that expensive considering what it is. :dunno
Hoping to be blown away in hand.

No worries about any backlash. It is what it is. When I saw it in person, it indeed looked more toyish to my eyes as compared to the black Tumbler (that was just a few feet away on display at the store where I took photos of the 1989 BM). I have to admit that I just didn't have the nerve to say that as everyone's most hyped up then. I guess the intricate design of the Tumbler makes it sophisticated and tough-looking even at 1/6 scale, while the huge 1-piece panel of the 1989 BM's body can look plasticy despite the very good paintjob, under different lighting. Still an overwhelming piece in person, and yes, not really expensive compared to the other replica of smaller size.

Simple. Use it to conserve space, rather than take it up: store a variety of Hot Toys boxes inside of the Batmobile box.:lecture

i'm thinking of that, too, for both this and the tumbler boxes. Just can't throw them away. If only I live in a dryer country they'd all be outside.

Also, if there's anyone in HK who wants to have this NOW at retail cost of US$630 I saw someone from HK who posted at OSR Buy and Sell selling his MISB, for local pick up only.

No I was planning on keeping him in the car at all times.

Yes, I just wanted to have one driving the car. If I feel like opening the canopy, he's already there behind the wheel where he should be. That's the whole reason I bought another one. Now I'm thinking it could damage the body suit and cape in the long run.

Since he's your spare DX09 Batman, only for keeping in the car permanently, why does it matter to you if the body suit and cape get damaged? If he does get damaged from sitting too long it's not like you'll really notice unless you take him out and futz him for a standing display....which you won't--that's what the other Batman is for, right?

I will need to bring a trolley to collect it..

Little red dot

Damn, that reminds me! How the hack am I going to bring this sucka home?

No reason or anything but where are people in the UK ordering this from?

Wow, that makes the 1:18 Hot Wheels car look like a micro machine, not to mention the 1:50. Crazy.

That shipping box is ridiculous too. Definitely breaking that down after I assemble the Batmobile.

Great pictures..want...to..see..more!

It's interesting that with it being out and obviously in some people's hand that no one has made a video of it???! Is there a conspiracy here? With other collectibles we get video way before photos and they are often provided way before the product is even release, in Japan, at least, before here in the U.S.;it just seems that this release including people that have had it for at least a week are being mysterious about it! I mean come on, people video review these things nowadays. What is going on????!!! :confused: :dunno.
On another subject, hoping for SSC to take my money today on this collectible, not sure why considering I'll be brown bagging my lunch for work and staying in the house for about a month in order to recover from this obscene purchase. :thud:

Question for jye4ever and DiFabio:

Where does Batman 89 rank among your favorite films of all time?

Back