Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Aquaman a pansy? Look at this, mother****er! Now he's basically a human predator

That was my immediate thought when seeing the picture. I imagine that Snyder and Co.'s #1 gameplan when designing Aquaman was to have him stop being the subject of ridicule on The Big Bang Theory. The end.

On the flip side he does have a 1981 Clash of the Titans vibe to him and I've always had a soft spot for that movie.

If they embraced the old school Clash of the Titans OR Flash Gordon vibes, I would sing their praises to the heavens. But, they won't.

Personally I really like this look for Aquaman. The only thing I would have liked is a stronger color palette, blonde hair and a little more orange in his costume, but it certainly doesn't need to look like a 1960s cartoon IMO. Maybe when he's in Atlantis he'll have more colorful and regal attire and an elaborate throneroom. I'm going to be interested to see the design of Atlantis and the Atlanteans and if they include Mera, although those elements might not show up until the Aquaman movie.
This! Only way I can handle this whole Momoa being AC is if they manage to get in Mera into the mix. Would be epic, and I'd definitely be interested in what red head they'd use. :naughty
Look - enough jibber jabber.

That **** ain't Aquaman.

It's angry RZ BBQ warlord.

He cooks a mean steak too.

You need to stop mate, you're making me hungry for BBQ and it's only 9 a.m. :rotfl

But for real, he does look like the BBQ king.

Question, why does his armor and tattoo look like hearts? Not digging that.

:lol :lol :lol

Interesting point re. the Clash Of The Titans vibe.. but we won't get that in the film. :lol

He'll be a 'bodie-zaffa' surfer type dude during the day, & by night, he'll clock in as the meanest charcoal griller off dry land.

Eh, who cares about Aquaman.

This is Batman vs. Superman, I want to see more of them. I still don't see how Wonder Woman and Aquaman, fully suited up, are going to fit in the first story where you're establishing a brand new Batman and having him go up against Superman in "Superman's sequel".

How about some pics of Jeremy Irons as Alfred or Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor?

Don't worry. Once Snyder gets wind of this criticism, they'll change them all to angry skulls with fangs! Go fully x-treme or go home Liefe. . .er, Snyder.
Hahah lol.

I kept thinking, man, does he love his heart scales. :lecture :rotfl
He'll be a 'bodie-zaffa' surfer type dude during the day, & by night, he'll clock in as the meanest charcoal griller off dry land.
Seriously, stop! I just pissed myself. :rotfl

This is Batman vs. Superman, I want to see more of them. I still don't see how Wonder Woman and Aquaman, fully suited up, are going to fit in the first story where you're establishing a brand new Batman and having him go up against Superman in "Superman's sequel".

Yes on the Alfred and Luthor end. I'd like Eisenberg to put on some mass for Luthor, he is a bit too skinny.

As for the whole BvS thing is because it's a pretext for the JL, as they mentioned, this isn't Man of Steel 2, so I think they used Batman in the title was to attract people, and the Aquaman and WW business is to pretty much start getting the whole League going.

I would expect just some cameos for the other heroes. :dunno

I would expect just some cameos for the other heroes. :dunno

Hopefully.

I just hope this isn't like Iron Man 2 where they have an interesting concept (Batman and Superman), but decide to make a 2 and a half hour Justice League commercial.

If this was just Batman & Superman I'd be a lot more interested.

Hell, if it was just old Affleck Batman in an interpretation of Dark knight Returns, I'd be booking my tickets now.

Hack Synper brodude will deliver the ULTIMATE XXXXXTRREME trainwreck bro.

Hopefully.

I just hope this isn't like Iron Man 2 where they have an interesting concept (Batman and Superman), but decide to make a 2 and a half hour Justice League commercial.

I think the marketing will absolutely do its best to suggest that this is DC's Avengers right out of the gate even if WW and Aquaman only get a minute of screen time.

So a guy with a mug like this is considered a ruthless killer...
henry-cavill-is-superman-in-man-of-steel.jpg

I can't even imagine what this guy is gonna do...
B-RAWTjCcAAF81b.jpg

So...they cover Mamoa's tatts with armor, then replicate those tats onto the armor covering his tatts, then replicate the tats onto the sides of his chest. Just seems overly silly. :lol

Looking forward to surfs up Drogo though. :dunno

I imagine this movie will be a lot like those old Will Sasso sketches from MADTV where he just goes around breaking people's necks. :lol

Can someone explain the trident to me. It's not a trident, it has 5 prongs. Did Synder even understand the relevance of that stick in fishman's hand? Or did he just think it was "like totally awesome and rocking stuff he holds".

Edit: after a quick google search i see other people didn't ****ing understand it either and did stupid variations.

Jason-Momoa-Moustair--92099_zps8979f22f.jpg

Last edited:
Back