Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Cap is garbage. Avengers Cap was pretty bad too. |

There is a reason most people didn't like Cap til TWS.

i didn't like TWS.

Charmless, generic. Great action, but it would be great to mix it's dynamism with the tone and charm of TFA.

First Cap is garbage. Avengers Cap was pretty bad too. |

There is a reason most people didn't like Cap til TWS.

I think the first hour of Capt First Avenger is perfect. It wasn't until they used those awful montages and skipped all of the Capt's missions, that the film went down hill, IMO.

Also, Capt America's plan sucked. His master plan was to to enter alone the military base – beat up as many Hydra Nazis as he could, then hope he will get captured by the hundreds of "evil" soldiers instead of being executed, then brought up to Red Skull himself in the exact room where his team will be ready to save him by crashing through the glass windows. :lol

My wife is far from a comic nerd

You guys are in a long distance relationship? That must be tough on your marriage.

gkvq7ag.jpg

Fine, fine, I guess Indy's dispatching of Nazis isn't quite badass enough to compare to Captain America. Touche.

Also, Capt America's plan sucked. His master plan was to to enter alone the military base – beat up as many Hydra Nazis as he could, then hope he will get captured by the hundreds of "evil" soldiers instead of being executed, then brought up to Red Skull himself in the exact room where his team will be ready to save him by crashing through the glass windows. :lol

What do you mean it sucked? It worked perfectly.

Last edited:
Fine, fine, I guess Indy's dispatching of Nazis isn't quite badass enough to compare to Captain America. Touche.

What do you mean it sucked? It worked perfectly.

Yeah, apparently the super steroids he was given also gave him the ability to predict the future :lol What if the glass windows were bulletproof ? What if he was brought up in a different room of the gigantic German base ? What if the soldiers simply killed Captain America while they were firing at him from all angles ? How can this be a good plan at all ? Captain America simply assumes things that are impossible to predict. Only one man has a similar ability, the joker in TDK and his superhuman plan:lol Unfortunately, Capt couldn't predict that Hydra would take over Shield :lol

Yeah, apparently the super steroids he was given also gave him the ability to predict the future :lol What if the glass windows were bulletproof ? What if he was brought up in a different room of the gigantic German base ? What if the soldiers simply killed Captain America while they were firing at him from all angles ? How can this be a good plan at all ? Captain America simply assumes things that are impossible to predict. Only one man has a similar ability, the joker in TDK and his superhuman plan:lol Unfortunately, Capt couldn't predict that Hydra would take over Shield :lol

Well I can think of another hero who made things up as he went along when he fought Nazis and things worked out but I don't want karmazov to get his ***** on again so I won't say his name. :gun

That guy improvises more that Jack Sparrow :lol

Not really. Cap just isn't a sissy like Batman or Iron Man who only plans things that he can escape from. Clearly the whole point of Cap's charge was to use his bike to blow a hole into HYDRA's base and then focus their attention on himself rather than the attacking army outside. If he escaped, great. If they shot him in the head well that's war.

Not really. Cap just isn't a sissy like Batman or Iron Man who only plans things that he can escape from. Clearly the whole point of Cap's charge was to use his bike to blow a hole into HYDRA's base and then focus their attention on himself rather than the attacking army outside. If he escaped, great. If they shot him in the head well that's war.

"Sissy" = Smart :monkey3

I really liked TFA because I looked at it as a movie about the Joe Simon/Jack Kirby Cap from the '40s. It was like I was watching a propaganda movie and I loved it. That montage of Cap and the Howling Commandos raiding the bases was like something you'd see before a movie back then.:lol

I always get a kick when he goes after that Hydra spy when the lab got sabotaged. I love that he fell through a window :lol

I agree the Montage of action limited the film a lot, I hate saying it, but it pretty much pulled a Green Lantern which only used 3 action scenes that were cool IMO, but could have used more.

I don't care what anyone says, that pic I posted of Marla Hooch was funny. Until I see her moving in a trailer as WW--GG is Marla Hooch to me.

Back