Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hope is that Affleck will deliver the solo Batman movie. Seeing how Marvel pushed their line-up around for Spidey, it wouldn't surprise me if things shifted for the solo Batman movie and the Man of Steel sequel.

HT version of this Batman will have a rubber/PVC suit. But I will also probably buy, even if the movie blows. And I will probably pose him with Reeve Superman and Burt Ward Robin.

The more I look at the musculature of the Batsuit, the more impressed I am with Affleck's actual physique. I love that the suit, itself, in the armory, looks more lean. Then, you put Affleck in the suit and it pushes all that out, so, it looks like he went to the Mickey Rourke school of muscle building, where it's almost like his abs are so huge that they form an outer shell over his stomach.

Completely agree. I mean look at Watchmen, it was full of potentially cheesy comic book lines, but it was clever and executed perfectly most of the time.
I've said it before, I hope this movie feels like Watchmen, albeit a more family friendly version. Hyper-realised, clever dialogue and loads of crazy characters running around. To me it's a great template for a movie with a Batman and an Aquaman and a god-like alien in it. It could work, and Snyder has shown that he can do it well when it's all mapped out for him, he is a good visual interpreter but not a good originator.

It's what divides people on Snyder so much. He's a brilliant inker, just don't let him be the penciller. :lol

HT version of this Batman will have a rubber/PVC suit. But I will also probably buy, even if the movie blows. And I will probably pose him with Reeve Superman and Burt Ward Robin.

I think the new batsuit is awesome but I would never buy a figure for a movie that I think is terrible.

One thing is sure. I didn't buy any TDKR Bale Batman stuff from HT or Man of Steel but I'll definitely be lining up here. Just having the trinity on my shelf is enough even if the film is crap.

I'm still kind of amazed that this batsuit is happening. I will definitely get some kind of Batfleck figure, though probably not the HT of 2016 prices.

I think the new batsuit is awesome but I would never buy a figure for a movie that I think is terrible.
If I'm collecting due to interest in the movie, then I'm with you. But I don't buy comic book toys for the movies they are in. I buy them because I love comics and comic characters, and Hot Toys gives us the highest quality versions of those we're likely to see. I had hopes for Sideshow, but at this point I've lost all faith in their ability to put together a 1/6 scale comic figure worth buying at the asking price.

My current Marvel Hot Toys setup includes Wolverine from his Origins film (still, sadly, the best representation of a comic Wolverine we've had from HT) and Spidey from the lackluster Amazing Spider-Man 2. In the past, I even had Ghost Rider.

If I'm collecting due to interest in the movie, then I'm with you. But I don't buy comic book toys for the movies they are in. I buy them because I love comics and comic characters, and Hot Toys gives us the highest quality versions of those we're likely to see. I had hopes for Sideshow, but at this point I've lost all faith in their ability to put together a 1/6 scale comic figure worth buying at the asking price.

My current Marvel Hot Toys setup includes Wolverine from his Origins film (still, sadly, the best representation of a comic Wolverine we've had from HT) and Spidey from the lackluster Amazing Spider-Man 2. In the past, I even had Ghost Rider.

Reported to Moderator.

that makes sense.

It's does not have to be a rubber suit similar material to superman just a different texture
Yes, the MoS figure captured perfectly the look and feel of the movie costume, sure, a few minor inaccuracies, but that doesn't detract from the choice of material, they should do the same with both Superman and Batman for their respective figures.

FTFY Synder is great inker , penciller and colorist but awful writer.
Nailed it 100%

I know right? Same with Superior Spider-Man. Just as Ock was becoming more of a human being, in comes the Devil-dealing Man-Child to make the book boring again. Because you know what happens in the latest vol of TASM? Peter once again neglects his responsibilities and is making corny jokes, still! 50 years later,and not ONE change to his character....
Hey! That's what people like, that's what sells, there are some changes to the status quo that are fantastic, I've heard Superior Spiderman was top notch and some people have been bummed for Peter's return :lol and then there's the rest of the status quo guacamole Marvel is doing to appease the social justice warriors :lol

blah blah blah, blah bla blah, I luv Hopeman. Blah blah blah, didn't mean to say you are dumb, blah blah blah, you are dumb and Hopman is great, blah blah blah, I luv Hopeman, I'm not defensive, but don't say anything against hope man...
Heh haven't seen one of those little meltdowns in here in a while, congrats for bringing the old mood back I guess, hope you can sleep better now.

Seriously bro, I wasn't even talking to you. I simply said that I thought a couple of shots in the new teaser were cliched.
You jumped in and said I was wrong. I think they are cliched, not in concept but in execution.. but you claim I cannot even put my point across intelligently. I would report you for breaking the new COC rules, but I feel sorry for you, I don't think you are a bad guy, just very tunnel visioned and misguided.
You may not understand how discussion boards work, you said it was cliche, I disagreed, plainly and harmlessly, then you went full MOS ape**** :lol you went out of your way to repeatedly focus the discussion on MoS, yet I'm the tunnel vision fanboi, eh, alrighty, I take it since everything's backwards with you.
Yes, please, go ahead, report me, that would be a 1st, I could report you for calling me fanboi and hurting my feelings sniff sniff, but I'm not petty, I forgive you.

I also think MOS was mostly garbage, some great elements ruined by a video game approach to film making. That's just my opinion.. Get over it. Why does it even matter to you what other people think about MOS?
:lol
That's great, still don't know what that has to do with anything, but great.

Be sure to go through every thread telling everyone about how MoS is garbage and all, you show them that RT score you like so much, show your objectiveness to all the fanbois, like you showed troll fanboi Gaspar, get'em!

Overall fantastic job on moving on! 10/10

I also think it was mostly garbage, some great elements ruined by a video game approach to film making.
It's ok, just don't post something like that in "The Hobbit" threads - Josh's watching. :monkey3

I had hopes for Sideshow, but at this point I've lost all faith in their ability to put together a 1/6 scale comic figure worth buying at the asking price.

You've failed your Darklord, he will not be pleased.

Heh haven't seen one of those little meltdowns in here in a while, congrats for bringing the old mood back I guess, hope you can sleep better now.

You may not understand how discussion boards work, you said it was cliche, I disagreed, plainly and harmlessly, then you went full MOS ape**** :lol you went out of your way to repeatedly focus the discussion on MoS, yet I'm the tunnel vision fanboi, eh, alrighty, I take it since everything's backwards with you.
Yes, please, go ahead, report me, that would be a 1st, I could report you for calling me fanboi and hurting my feelings sniff sniff, but I'm not petty, I forgive you.

That's great, still don't know what that has to do with anything, but great.

Be sure to go through every thread telling everyone about how MoS is garbage and all, you show them that RT score you like so much, show your objectiveness to all the fanbois, like you showed troll fanboi Gaspar, get'em!

Overall fantastic job on moving on! 10/10

BAH GAWD! IT'S THE ROCK BOTTOM! Gaspar laying the smackdown! :lol

JzZW38T.gif

Hey! That's what people like, that's what sells, there are some changes to the status quo that are fantastic, I've heard Superior Spiderman was top notch and some people have been bummed for Peter's return :lol and then there's the rest of the status quo guacamole Marvel is doing to appease the social justice warriors :lol

Honestly, every good change that happens eventually reverts back to the boring old status quo. Then again, you could have a history as convulted as Ghost Rider's (he's bonded to Zarathos, NO, now he's bonded to angels, NO, now he's bonded to angelic demons, NO, now for realz he's a descendant of Cain, and so on and so forth), so I guess getting back to point 0 isn't such a bad thing...

The fact though that Thor has lost his name, and admitted, in his own book, that he's not as good as this nuThor is absymal. Not to mention that all NuThor fights go down like this:

Enemy: So yer a woman uh? Guess yer a weak sheeple.
Nu: AM NOT! And here's my speech to prove it!

Honestly, who talks like that? Who spouts cheesy sexist remarks and who the hell retouts with a speech?

Enemy: So yer a woman uh? Guess yer a weak sheeple.
Nu: AM NOT! And here's my speech to prove it!

:rotfl you nailed it so good right there :lol

Oh I remember "You've never met a Thor like me", "I'm not gonna be a footnote" uuuugh, there's so much I hate about this nuThor, yet Ms Marvel for instance, chance of race, tumblr-esque story and characters, and so far it's great.

DC is doing some interesting stuff too, far more interesting than Marvel if you ask me, Marvel got way out of hand, but Superman Human for 24 hours? That's pretty damn interesting, New Batman (still not up to date with end-game) sounds refreshing too, things look great as soon as Convergence ends.

:rotfl you nailed it so good right there :lol

Oh I remember "You've never met a Thor like me", "I'm not gonna be a footnote" uuuugh, there's so much I hate about this nuThor, yet Ms Marvel for instance, chance of race, tumblr-esque story and characters, and so far it's great.

DC is doing some interesting stuff too, far more interesting than Marvel if you ask me, Marvel got way out of hand, but Superman Human for 24 hours? That's pretty damn interesting, New Batman (still not up to date with end-game) sounds refreshing too, things look great as soon as Convergence ends.

Plus, DC's launching a new Midnighter solo, who is gay, but is not defined solely by that. He's a bad-ass who just happens to be gay. Not everything revolves around that single trait in his stories. Whereas NuThor's whole character is based on the fact that she's a woman. Hell, she's basically a cardboard cut-out. Valkyrie and Angela are much, much better "She-Thors".

Plus, DC's launching a new Midnighter solo, who is gay, but is not defined solely by that. He's a bad-ass who just happens to be gay. Not everything revolves around that single trait in his stories. Whereas NuThor's whole character is based on the fact that she's a woman. Hell, she's basically a cardboard cut-out. Valkyrie and Angela are much, much better "She-Thors".

Midnighter's gonna be so badass.

Thor's granddaughters are better Thor's than nuThor :lol

Back