Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2015)

The impatient part of me is disappointed, but every other part of me is happy. That means all of the people who are saying "it's rushed" will finally shut up, and, if they're going right up against a Marvel movie, that shows confidence in the material to me. I really think they're doing everything in their power to get this thing right.

We won't stop saying its rushed unless the scenario Nam described comes to pass - that they rethink the entire strategy and follow the tried and tested Marvel format of solo movies with cameos to build hype followed by the JLA movie.

At the very least I think they should do a solo Batman movie and proper Superman sequel before any kind of team-up. Everyone else can be brought in with a JL movie and if it does well enough they can be spun off from there into their own movies.

We won't stop saying its rushed unless the scenario Nam described comes to pass - that they rethink the entire strategy and follow the tried and tested Marvel format of solo movies with cameos to build hype followed by the JLA movie.

Why? You have to understand "Marvel's strategy" is accepted because, as you said, it's tried and true, but that doesn't mean it's the only way to be successful; it's just the only way that's been tried. DC could follow Marvel's format, step by step, and they probably would be somewhat successful, but, to what end? They'd be in Marvel's shadow to the public consciousness as the guys who "played it safe." Just because they are taking a different approach, that doesn't mean they don't have a plan, or that it's the wrong one. It may be "untested," but, sometimes the greater risk yields the greater reward.

We have seen enough of solo batman and Supes movies.
How much more do you want? Im not interested in one more origin, reboot story.
Going with an already established batman is a bold move, trusting the audience, taking the character to another level.
Yep that is risky but the superheroes movies need that now.
They have become as lazy as hell.
Even with its flaws Seeing the ambition and scope MOS had, i can only be happy that the next movie is going one step further and dont just play it safe.

Lol you guys should open an office.
Hollywood translation and co.
The things you imagine from a news like that.
When it was ready to shoot it was too fast, they are doing it wrong.
Now the movie gets delayed because of a simple accident, its the illuminatis comploting to get Snyder out, Affleck fighting WB execs, they want o replace WW...
You guys are mental lol
Im kidding keep going at least its fun :)

What simple accident are you referring to? Affleck possibly hurting his leg? That's nothing more then a rumor and very likely a false one considering WB's statement on the delay was they wanted the creators to "fully realize their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story." Pretty sure if Affleck was hurt they would have just come out and said it. What they said basically means, "We have no idea wtf we're doing, so we have to re-think this one a little bit."

We have seen enough of solo batman and Supes movies.
How much more do you want? Im not interested in one more origin, reboot story.
Going with an already established batman is a bold move, trusting the audience, taking the character to another level.Yep that is risky but the superheroes movies need that now.
They have become as lazy as hell.
Even with its flaws Seeing the ambition and scope MOS had, i can only be happy that the next movie is going one step further and dont just play it safe.

THis is what everyone wanted, we just didn't want it sandwhiched *** end into a Superman movie. Batman who has far and away the most recognised rogues gallery is instead fighting Superman right out of the gate. Good luck following that Riddler. And it sure doesn't feel like it's because they want to give us the best Batman they can, but because they need a strategy to compete with Marvel's upcoming line up. Marvel, who took the time to give characters who were lesser knowns like Thor a shot and a backstory so when you put them into a 45 minute open ended action scene with Iron Man they felt three dimensional and not just like a way to break up the time while Iron Man gets from point a to b. Why should I care about Aquaman if he's just some kid from the WB in a costume who's all the sudden in an after credits cameo?

Why? You have to understand "Marvel's strategy" is accepted because, as you said, it's tried and true, but that doesn't mean it's the only way to be successful; it's just the only way that's been tried. DC could follow Marvel's format, step by step, and they probably would be somewhat successful, but, to what end? They'd be in Marvel's shadow to the public consciousness as the guys who "played it safe." Just because they are taking a different approach, that doesn't mean they don't have a plan, or that it's the wrong one. It may be "untested," but, sometimes the greater risk yields the greater reward.

You're looking at it the wrong way though. It's not "the marvel strategy." It's the fact that WB wants an Avengers boxoffice and is naively expecting they'll get it by just throwing out a lousy, mediocre one-off (of arguably their most valuable license), followed by a team-up and then shoehorning those who didn't appear in the team-up into a JLA movie. That doesn't tell me they're trying to do it a different way, that tells me they have zero clue as to how Avengers got the boxoffice WB is so desperate for. And in the process, we get to sit through rushed, halfassed films of the characters that SHOULD be blowing away Marvel's on longevity alone. And in the end, it's ****ing ridiculous because it only took Marvel a measly 4 years to pull it all off.

Now the movie gets delayed because of a simple accident, its the illuminatis comploting to get Snyder out, Affleck fighting WB execs, they want o replace WW...
You guys are mental lol

:rotfl :goodpost: :lecture

You didn't get it. The general public did. If it was awful, it wouldn't have been the success it was. Given they've already turned what was supposed to be the MoS sequel into a vs. film and then put Batman at the forefront instead of Superman, it shows how little faith WB has in a staple of their franchise. This postponement for a re-write only shows how desperate they are. Personally, if I were them, I'd shelve the team-up idea and work out a few solo films with some minor guest appearances to build hype for a JLA film and ensure its success vs throwing the cart before the horse, throwing darts at a dartboard to see who to dump in the stew, cooking it all up, dumping it on a plate and hoping it all works.

Transformers, Twilight etc… Suck with major success. Iron Man 3 was no different.

You guys are mental lol

100000% agree!!!

Did you forget about Avatar? Of course you all did and I'm sorry for reminding you. Now let's all go back to forgetting.

Did you forget about Avatar? Of course you all did and I'm sorry for reminding you. Now let's all go back to forgetting.

I couldn’t care less about reviews, Avatar hot garbage.

MOS was not even better than that promo of MOS. The movie sucked big time in my opinion...

MOS was not even better than that promo of MOS. The movie sucked big time in my opinion...

I don’t think it was the worst movie ever, but I thought it was certainly bad.

Back