Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2015)

I don’t think it was the worst movie ever, but I thought it was certainly bad.

Like I said before, If this MOS movie was instead a Dragon Ball Z Movie adaptation, It would have been Amazing (Since Goku and superman are almost the same character)
Goku is found by a human and taken care of, then he grows up etc etc etc (he even marries an Earth girl)

Dragon Ball Z also had aliens coming to earth and cause trouble, Just like MOS, 3 aliens in fact, come with their awesome suits and technology trying to ruin the life of the character.

Also Goku Has that edginess and that darkness that MOS had, that Superman shouldn't really have.

So yeah, MOS to me is like the perfect Dragon Ball Z movie, the action, the bad guys, everything.
Like, if they ever made a DBZ movie and it looked like MOS, then it would be amazing
(Specially that ending with the destruction of the City! for a DBZ fan, that would be a dream come true)

but for superman.... :yuck:yuck

This is actually good news that they are pushing it back, hopefully that means they will get it right.

It's too bad they aren't releasing another solo flick (like the Flash) or a proper MoS sequel before 2016.

Like I said before, If this MOS movie was instead a Dragon Ball Z Movie adaptation, It would have been Amazing (Since Goku and superman are almost the same character)
Goku is found by a human and taken care of, then he grows up etc etc etc (he even marries an Earth girl)

Dragon Ball Z also had aliens coming to earth and cause trouble, Just like MOS, 3 aliens in fact, come with their awesome suits and technology trying to ruin the life of the character.

Also Goku Has that edginess and that darkness that MOS had, that Superman shouldn't really have.

So yeah, MOS to me is like the perfect Dragon Ball Z movie, the action, the bad guys, everything.
Like, if they ever made a DBZ movie and it looked like MOS, then it would be amazing
(Specially that ending with the destruction of the City! for a DBZ fan, that would be a dream come true)

but for superman.... :yuck:yuck

:rotfl You’re right!

Well, at least this shows that they're not desperate and they're not in a hurry to get Marvel's box office on their own terms, that and JL being filmed back to back sure gives me some confidence.

Waiting will suck, but reading all the bitter cynicism will be fun :lol

Well, at least this shows that they're not desperate and they're not in a hurry to get Marvel's box office on their own terms, that and JL being filmed back to back sure gives me some confidence.

Waiting will suck, but reading all the bitter cynicism will be fun :lol

It is definitely a smart move on their part. Anyone taking this as bad news, is just looking for a reason to tear the movie down. I’m sure DOFP can help you with the long wait :wink1:

It is definitely a smart move on their part. Anyone taking this as bad news, is just looking for a reason to tear the movie down. I’m sure DOFP can help you with the long wait :wink1:

Yup, I was disappointed at 1st, but this definitely shows they can keep a cool head

There are many movies that will, including DOFP, not only to pass the time but that I'm actually excited for, but being a DC guy mainly, I was waaay more excited about this one.

My view: they very well are aware they have no way to take on the success that avengers has seen and are in all likely hood hoping to wait for some right moment well after avengers 2 to try their luck. I think they dont have the slightest idea on how to make it work. But again its more pitiful than anything. I do hope they pleasantly surprise us! ... My worry is not at all with the actors, all my worry is on the script and direction front (of what i see in MOS)

I think with the original release date they could have given Avengers 2 a run for their money without a problem, even if the movie ended up sucking, I'd like to think this was a decision taken with the quality of the movie in mind.

My view: they very well are aware they have no way to take on the success that avengers has seen and are in all likely hood hoping to wait for some right moment well after avengers 2 to try their luck. I think they dont have the slightest idea on how to make it work. But again its more pitiful than anything. I do hope they pleasantly surprise us! ... My worry is not at all with the actors, all my worry is on the script and direction front (of what i see in MOS)

Yup! It goes back to the fact that unfortunately...Time-Warner Executives have their hands in EVERYTHING and it unfortunately has mucked up the MAINSTREAM DC Superhero movies.

If they were SMART and could get their ducks in a row...this would be the time to fast-track a set-up movie. Perhaps "The Flash" or something. You could even coincide the Kryptonian invasion with what causes Barry Allen's police lab accident that makes him the Flash (ie. he's working in the lab, Kryptonians invade and the World Engine causes massive earthquakes that trigger the accident). Put some money into getting a decent star, supporting cast, script AND director (I picture something similar to "Thor" or "Iron Man") and boom...you could get things rolling. And have a HUGE Bruce "Bennifer" Wayne cameo in it too.

I hate to say this, but I'm also going on a limb and going to predict the slow reduction of superhero movies. Not that they'll be gone entirely, but I think you'll see them gradually "slow down" and Avengers 3 will be the final peak for the time being. With so many studios wanting Avengers money, the market is going to be FLOODED with superhero movies...mainly Marvel, and they'll be laughing to the bank. I think you're going to see movie-goers (and actors) slowly...slowly...get tired of them. It is the "Hollywood trend" right now, but I think it's going to pass.

With so many studios wanting Avengers money, the market is going to be FLOODED with superhero movies...mainly Marvel, and they'll be laughing to the bank. I think you're going to see movie-goers (and actors) slowly...slowly...get tired of them. It is the "Hollywood trend" right now, but I think it's going to pass.

'The Avengers' is the 'Call of Duty' of movies. :lol

Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

Annoying? Why? Is it her voice? :lol I find her really insightful, don't always agree with her, but I've always thought of her as one of the least alienating reviewers out there.

Back