Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

True, and his his 'revenge' better, BUT that was before he was Superman and more to be expected.

For Pa Kents death, they should have skipped the tornado bit and had him walk out of that bar seeing Clark in the act of vandalizing the truck. Instant death.

At first I thought great idea but then I got an Uncle Ben vibe from it. :lol

I have no problems with the neck snap.

In Superman II, Sups tosses de-powered Zod into a crevasse to fall to his death.

That never made into the film though.

Yup, being taken away in cuffs by Canadian Mounties.

But it's it not in the final film, it doesn't matter. All three fell to their death.

The neck snap is honestly the smallest of issues that plague MoS. It's but a sprinkle topping the **** frosting on the turd cupcake. :lecture

Correct

the movie had zero charisma

STM had that in spades hence the test of time survival

MOS will be forgotten.

Then again, i'm still yapping about it. :lol

Last edited:

That's what I'm saying. DC has hundreds of characters that deserve some attention. Time to move beyond the big characters and let some second tier guys get the lime light!

Dc could have beat marvel to it and done an atom film years ago.

That's what I'm saying. DC has hundreds of characters that deserve some attention. Time to move beyond the big characters and let some second tier guys get the lime light!

problem is that the general public will probably not care and not show up.

The Difference between Marvel and DC, is that people go to Marvel movies because of Marvel, People go to Batman movies because of Batman, it seems like when it comes to brands, people don't really give two hoots about DC itself.

Thanks to Iron Man and Avengers, Now Marvel is synonym with greatness. That's why they can do an Ant Man and a Guardians of the Galaxy. People are becoming fans of the brand itself.
DC has not earn that yet, Problem is that with DC people don't really care about the brand itself, and Their biggest heroes are the ones we always see. the ones in the Justice League.

Got some juicy infos from the production.
The shooting that took place involving gotham vs Métropolis football teams is the comic con teaser.
My contact said the script is great but the production was way too rushed hes relieved that they decided to push back the release.
The script does take a lot from the dark knight returns he said but would not get into the détails yet :)
I guess its the probably the fight parts, since i dont see how the rest would fit...
Count on e to make him spill the beans ^^

problem is that the general public will probably not care and not show up.

The Difference between Marvel and DC, is that people go to Marvel movies because of Marvel, People go to Batman movies because of Batman, it seems like when it comes to brands, people don't really give two hoots about DC itself.

Thanks to Iron Man and Avengers, Now Marvel is synonym with greatness. That's why they can do an Ant Man and a Guardians of the Galaxy. People are becoming fans of the brand itself.
DC has not earn that yet, Problem is that with DC people don't really care about the brand itself, and Their biggest heroes are the ones we always see. the ones in the Justice League.

I disagree. A good script and good actors does wonders for mediocre characters and bland heroes. Imagine another actor than RDJ playing Iron Man. I don't think it would of gone as far as it did.

The shooting that took place involving gotham vs Métropolis football teams is the comic con teaser.
My contact said the script is great but the production was way too rushed hes relieved that they decided to push back the release.
The script does take a lot from the dark knight returns he said but would not get into the détails yet :)
I guess its the probably the fight parts, since i dont see how the rest would fit...

Which script is he talking about? The original Goyer one (which is apparently awful) or the current rewrite (which I thought had just recently begun)?

Would be interesting to see the TDKR fight scenes played out in live action on the big screen.

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see the teaser.

Some information from ComicBookMovie. Take it as a grain of salt but it is what it is.

Henry will be getting a haircut and will dawn the imfamous curl:

"General Napier tells me, Henry Cavill will be sporting a new haircut in Zack Snyder’s untitled Superman/Batman film. His Kryptonian locks will be getting a trim. The shorter 'do will resemble Superman's look in Alex Ross and Mark Waid's Kingdom Come, minus the grey hair. An image of Kingdom Come Superman is in the banner image above. Oh, and that hairdo includes Superman's trademark "S" curl, which was absent in the first film."

One reason for the delay:

"The reason for the delay is multifaceted. While I'm not at liberty to discuss most of those issues at this time, I can tell you that one issue is budgetary. There's a concern regarding Wonder Woman's home, Paradise Island (aka Themyscira). Executives are debating whether to feature the island, which would require massive VFX, or merely referencing it. "

How WB will tackle Marvels famous cliffhangers:

"Last week, Mario-Francisco Robles of Latino Review reported that "Batman vs Superman and Justice League are going to be shot back-to-back. He also said, Batman vs Superman would end with an "insane cliffhanger/teaser that leads right into Justice League. I'm told by General Napier that shooting Batman Vs. Superman and Justice League back-to-back is being considered but no official decision has been made at this time. But, I was also contacted by another source, who requested anonymity, and he told me Justice League is a go, and will be released one year after Batman Vs. Superman.

As for the cliffhanger rumor? General Napier, tells me that's very much true. Cliffhangers, will actually will be one key component in WB's master plan to dethrone Marvel Studios. WB realizes that Marvel films are famous for their mid- and post-credits scenes, and have no interest in copying from Marvel's playbook. WB's plan, is to end each of their films with a cliffhanger, setting up the next film in their cinematic universe. WB also wants to do short films for their lesser known characters. These short films would be played at the end of each film. That's a pretty interesting way of taking on Marvel's trademark post-credits scenes."

1236052_515469378536645_1963154999_n.jpg

Yup, if you're a DC fan it looks like your going to have to be content with their TV offerings (which actually sound more thoughtfully planned out than their movies).
Arrow is going great and I'm really hoping they bring their A-game for Constantine on NBC.

Excited for Constantine :yess:

Glad to hear about the S curl, it will be a nice addition.
I'd like to see Temyscira until JLA, a reference will do in BvS.

Regarding the mid/after credits scenes, it's not like Marvel invented them, I've always enjoyed them in all movies.

That short films thing seems like trying too hard, but sounds fun.

Some information from ComicBookMovie. Take it as a grain of salt but it is what it is.

"General Napier tells me, Henry Cavill will be sporting a new haircut in Zack Snyder’s untitled Superman/Batman film. His Kryptonian locks will be getting a trim. The shorter 'do will resemble Superman's look in Alex Ross and Mark Waid's Kingdom Come, minus the grey hair. An image of Kingdom Come Superman is in the banner image above. Oh, and that hairdo includes Superman's trademark "S" curl, which was absent in the first film."

"The reason for the delay is multifaceted. While I'm not at liberty to discuss most of those issues at this time, I can tell you that one issue is budgetary. There's a concern regarding Wonder Woman's home, Paradise Island (aka Themyscira). Executives are debating whether to feature the island, which would require massive VFX, or merely referencing it. "

"Last week, Mario-Francisco Robles of Latino Review reported that "Batman vs Superman and Justice League are going to be shot back-to-back. He also said, Batman vs Superman would end with an "insane cliffhanger/teaser that leads right into Justice League. I'm told by General Napier that shooting Batman Vs. Superman and Justice League back-to-back is being considered but no official decision has been made at this time. But, I was also contacted by another source, who requested anonymity, and he told me Justice League is a go, and will be released one year after Batman Vs. Superman.

As for the cliffhanger rumor? General Napier, tells me that's very much true. Cliffhangers, will actually will be one key component in WB's master plan to dethrone Marvel Studios. WB realizes that Marvel films are famous for their mid- and post-credits scenes, and have no interest in copying from Marvel's playbook. WB's plan, is to end each of their films with a cliffhanger, setting up the next film in their cinematic universe. WB also wants to do short films for their lesser known characters. These short films would be played at the end of each film. That's a pretty interesting way of taking on Marvel's trademark post-credits scenes."

All of that sounds great.

Um.... they intend to dethrone Marvel by copying the "cliffhanger" scenes marvel does in their films but not copy them by ending their films in cliffhangers. Then they're essentially gonna copy Marvel's One-Shots for their "lesser known" characters too. How the **** is that not copying them?!?! :cuckoo: :lol

Honestly, I could give two ****s or a **** if WB/DC admits to copying the Marvel formula so long as it leads to a kickass combined cinematic universe but for ****ing Christ's sake, don't say you're not going to copy them by copying them. :lol

Um.... they intend to dethrone Marvel by copying the "cliffhanger" scenes marvel does in their films but not copy them by ending their films in cliffhangers. Then they're essentially gonna copy Marvel's One-Shots for their "lesser known" characters too. How the **** is that not copying them?!?! :cuckoo: :lol

Honestly, I could give two ****s or a **** if WB/DC admits to copying the Marvel formula so long as it leads to a kickass combined cinematic universe but for ****ing Christ's sake, don't say you're not going to copy them by copying them. :lol

Yea every thing they named was pretty much copying Marvel. Good thing is, seems they are also copying Marvel’s long term strategy instead of rushing movies out the door. This is why I’m happy about the delay.

Batman Begins had a cliffhanger ending, it just wasn't mid credits.

Also, the short movies are a different approach.

It turns out planning your movie universe is also copying Marvel? :lol c'mon, it's more than obvious that their approach is different.

Back