Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

Cliffhangers are a really stupid thing and bad idea for movies. They may work on tv for a week but no one wants to wait frigging a year and than have to hope that an entire next movie also turns out good in order to resolve the plot from the first. It's also limiting your writers and backing them into a corner ahead of time to tell them every project has to end on a cliffhanger. What if BVS is amazing but JL ends up a pile of **** in every way and you have to watch it to finish the plot from BVS?

Man, these people at DC and WB are completely clueless.

I think they're misusing the word cliffhanger, they're more like ending teasers, cause not in BB nor in the MCCU the mid credits scenes really truncate the story or corner up the writers, they merely hint future characters or villains.

Except it says right there it rolls right into Justice League which to me sounds an awful lot more like what the Matrix 2 and 3 did.

If that's the case, as long as they have a plan for it, like they seem to have in BvS->JL then that's fine, of course it could end up sucking, that's always a risk.

If it's anything like the intro in DC online, you know, having Superman and Batman in the middle of a fist fight and then they look up and see Brainiac's ship coming out of the clouds, then that'd be cool.

The neck snap is honestly the smallest of issues that plague MoS. It's but a sprinkle topping the **** frosting on the turd cupcake. :lecture
:lol :lecture :lecture :lecture

Correct

the movie had zero charisma

STM had that in spades hence the test of time survival

MOS will be forgotten.

Then again, i'm still yapping about it. :lol
It's difficult to scrape the kah-kah off your shoe once it's gotten into the tread. :lol

Yea every thing they named was pretty much copying Marvel. Good thing is, seems they are also copying Marvel’s long term strategy instead of rushing movies out the door. This is why I’m happy about the delay.
I don't know about that.. :lol

"Last week, Mario-Francisco Robles of Latino Review reported that "Batman vs Superman and Justice League are going to be shot back-to-back. He also said, Batman vs Superman would end with an "insane cliffhanger/teaser that leads right into Justice League. I'm told by General Napier that shooting Batman Vs. Superman and Justice League back-to-back is being considered but no official decision has been made at this time. But, I was also contacted by another source, who requested anonymity, and he told me Justice League is a go, and will be released one year after Batman Vs. Superman. "

Batman Begins had a cliffhanger ending, it just wasn't mid credits.

Also, the short movies are a different approach.

It turns out planning your movie universe is also copying Marvel? :lol c'mon, it's more than obvious that their approach is different.

Might be time to take off the fanboy blinders, Gaspar. With the exception that they're distancing themselves from MoS even further (more proof of how bad it stunk and how pisspoor Goyer's follow-up was), their "planning a movie universe" chalk full of cliffhangers and mini-movies (Marvel One-Shots), is near identical. I'll give you their spacing, though I think that's more out of ineptness than any real strategy. Especially in world where the movie audience is chalk full of ADD brats.

Might be time to take off the fanboy blinders, Gaspar. With the exception that they're distancing themselves from MoS even further (more proof of how bad it stunk and how pisspoor Goyer's follow-up was), their "planning a movie universe" chalk full of cliffhangers and mini-movies (Marvel One-Shots), is near identical. I'll give you their spacing, though I think that's more out of ineptness than any real strategy. Especially in world where the movie audience is chalk full of ADD brats.

You're attributing elements that have been in movies long before Marvel and/or are inherent to comic books as a whole, as if Marvel came up with them, and I'm the fanboy :cuckoo: :lol

BB had a cliff hanger, why isn't anyone accusing Marvel of copying BB's Cliffhanger? Because they waited till mid credits to do so? Those innovative genius rascals. :lol

DC was already doing their animated showcases of individual characters, which are shorts.

Saying WB is copying Marvel is like saying Marvel has been copying DC since the beginning of time, which in fact bears more validity.

If they're going to do mini movies to accompany the feature, I'd rather they play them at the beginning (like Pixar does) Watching an unrelated short seems anticlimatic after watching the main feature especially if its a major cliffhanger.

You're attributing elements that have been in movies long before Marvel and/or are inherent to comic books as a whole, as if Marvel came up with them, and I'm the fanboy :cuckoo: :lol

BB had a cliff hanger, why isn't anyone accusing Marvel of copying BB's Cliffhanger? Because they waited till mid credits to do so? Those innovative genius rascals. :lol

DC was already doing their animated showcases of individual characters, which are shorts.

Saying WB is copying Marvel is like saying Marvel has been copying DC since the beginning of time, which in fact bears more validity.

I think of a cliff hanger more of one movie split in two. A cliff hanger (IMO) would be the Joker dropping Rachael out the window and going straight to credits. BB had a teaser but i would not call it a cliff hanger and i would not call anything marvel had a cliff hanger.

I think of a cliff hanger more of one movie split in two. A cliff hanger (IMO) would be the Joker dropping Rachael out the window and going straight to credits. BB had a teaser but i would not call it a cliff hanger.

Exactly, I think they're misusing the word, in the case of BB/Marvel they're more like teasers, I hope BvS doesn't have a cliffhanger (like you say) but more like a teaser of the next villain of whatever.

Would X-2’s ending be considered a cliff hanger?

Exactly, I think they're misusing the word, in the case of BB/Marvel they're more like teasers, I hope BvS doesn't have a cliffhanger (like you say) but more like a teaser of the next villain of whatever.

I hate cliff hangers on TV shows that you have to wait months to see the outcome and really hate it in the movies (Hobbit) even if i know how it will end.

Would X-2’s ending be considered a cliff hanger?

I don't even remember :lol, it was the Phoenix right? I think it's along the lines of teaser.

I hate cliff hangers on TV shows that you have to wait months to see the outcome and really hate it in the movies (Hobbit) even if i know how it will end.

Who doesn't? :lol and lately splitting movies into parts, it seems like a cash grab.

Which script is he talking about? The original Goyer one (which is apparently awful) or the current rewrite (which I thought had just recently begun)?
Would be interesting to see the TDKR fight scenes played out in live action on the big screen.

Dont know wich script, but since you say its being re wrote right nw its probably the Goyer one.
Im supposed to see him next so ill get more infos :)

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see the teaser.
You re Welcome :)

If they're going to do mini movies to accompany the feature, I'd rather they play them at the beginning (like Pixar does) Watching an unrelated short seems anticlimatic after watching the main feature especially if its a major cliffhanger.
That's a good idea actually. :duff

Bringing back the S curl eh? I can think of something else they should bring back too. It sounds like 'John Williams Superman theme'.

Back