Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

But then I'd remember that Negging has apparently been disabled. Instead I will not laugh at any of your jokes for 2 weeks! Take that.

Please no John Williams theme. It'd be such an offender...

He has a point though, Hopeman doesn't deserve it. :nono

wro1mr.gif

Trouble is what if by some miracle Hopeman becomes Superman in the next film? We might wish the theme were there in that scenario...or will it simply be too little too late.

Classic costume is back in ASM2.
Who cares? It's still Webb's movie about "some ****** and his problems" vs Brolectro, Rinozoid, Green Gollum, whatever.

Making it more appealing visually is just a way to draw attention of those who didn't liked previous instalment.
There's no idea behind it now, it is purely for marketing.

Classic costume is back in ASM2.
Who cares? It's still Webb's movie about "some ****** and his problems" vs Brolectro, Rinozoid, Green Gollum, whatever.

Making it more appealing visually is just a way to draw attention of those who didn't liked previous instalment.
There's no idea behind it now, it is purely for marketing.

And it only took one sequel for them to saturate it with too many villains.

And :lol at Brolectro.

Trouble is what if by some miracle Hopeman becomes Superman in the next film? We might wish the theme were there in that scenario...or will it simply be too little too late.

Nah, it's pretty clear this will be a Batman movie guest starring Superman and the rest of the Justice League. Maybe by the time they get around to a real MoS sequel (2021 at this rate), if anybody still even ****ing cares, except Gaspar who really, really cares given he found MoS flawless, then we'll see. :huh :lol

And :lol at Brolectro.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

The delay is a good thing as consequences of badly done are all to well know. I think DC has a good formula rooting the characters in reality, ala the Nolan Goyer effect, its proven popular with the exception of the Fan Boys who can not let go of a 35 year old movie that was great for its time but is clearly out dated.

The one thing I am not clearly understanding is the basis of the movies so its not a direct adaptation of Frank Millers Dark Knight as that is a batman story with superman coming on the end. It seems to be more of a worlds finest in the vein of the cartoon when superman and batman first meet and there is a level of mistrust sprinkled in with a little Dark Knight Confrontation.

I mentioned it before I hope they incorporate more elements of Superman's popular story lines manly the Death and Return of Superman. As I think this story by far was one of the best Superman story lines . The animation version was not bad as it kept it focused but I am hoping that a movie version will make it even more refined and fit for the big screen.

As for the rest of the DC universe Green Lantern needs a reboot that will focus on Sinestro and Hal similar to the current comic how they were once friends and then slowly Sinestro became corrupted and so on. Also the introduction of the other Lanterns will be a nice way of expanding it. The animation presented it in a nice way.

Aquaman could be DC's Thor with a focus on Royalty if anyone is reading the New 52 great story for Aquaman in it.

And once they are successful they could branch out but the core characters need to be fleshed out and they serve as the back bone of the DC universe.

The delay is a good thing as consequences of badly done are all to well know. I think DC has a good formula rooting the characters in reality, ala the Nolan Goyer effect, its proven popular with the exception of the Fan Boys who can not let go of a 35 year old movie that was great for its time but is clearly out dated.

The one thing I am not clearly understanding is the basis of the movies so its not a direct adaptation of Frank Millers Dark Knight as that is a batman story with superman coming on the end. It seems to be more of a worlds finest in the vein of the cartoon when superman and batman first meet and there is a level of mistrust sprinkled in with a little Dark Knight Confrontation.

I mentioned it before I hope they incorporate more elements of Superman's popular story lines manly the Death and Return of Superman. As I think this story by far was one of the best Superman story lines . The animation version was not bad as it kept it focused but I am hoping that a movie version will make it even more refined and fit for the big screen.

As for the rest of the DC universe Green Lantern needs a reboot that will focus on Sinestro and Hal similar to the current comic how they were once friends and then slowly Sinestro became corrupted and so on. Also the introduction of the other Lanterns will be a nice way of expanding it. The animation presented it in a nice way.

Aquaman could be DC's Thor with a focus on Royalty if anyone is reading the New 52 great story for Aquaman in it.

And once they are successful they could branch out but the core characters need to be fleshed out and they serve as the back bone of the DC universe.

Superman Returns was made in the spirit of that 35 year old movie - was it outdated when it came out in 2006? No. It was just boring, didn't have much action. That could have been easily rectified in a follow-up.

Rooting ridiculous characters in reality is itself an absurdity. And the more superheroes you try to bring into 'reality' the more absurd it becomes. These films need to be aware of their own silliness - something which Marvel has been excelling at.

Rooting ridiculous characters in reality is itself an absurdity. And the more superheroes you try to bring into 'reality' the more absurd it becomes. These films need to be aware of their own silliness - something which Marvel has been excelling at.

I caught TDK on tv the other day, you have this really heavy drama going, and then Two Face shows up and he looks like a ****ing cartoon running around. He's so preposterous juxtaposed with the tone of that film it's almost comical.

Rooting ridiculous characters in reality is itself an absurdity

Yeah its a fine line. I get them trying for a higher form of filmmaking. I remember watching Braveheart in 1995 and thinking "what if someone took the T-rexes from two summers ago, made them dragons, and put them in THIS movie? That'd be the ultimate dungeons & dragons/fantasy film!" And then Peter Jackson went ahead and did it. But that was just with regard to HOW he told the tale. The quality of the actors and music, the cinematography, the frenetic documentary-style combat sequences. But that's where it ended. There was still fantasy up the wazoo. Legolas had an inexpicably unlimited supply of arrows in his small quiver.

You'd think that if Nolan were making LOTR Legolas he'd be all black and tactical and would have to run out arrows after downing a few bad guys, weep openly and then him and Tauriel would go sip drinks in Rivendell while the world burned.

'Reality' can stand to have one Superhero at most. ''Wow, what if something like this really happened, wouldn't that be amazing''. But if you're gonna have an entire justice league with your amazonian warriors and your intergalactic defender's union and your water-man ....come on. Eventually 'reality' has to realise that it isn't reality anymore. Its stupid to say that this is the 'real' world. One superhero turns up ''WOOWWWW!'' Every other superhero then shows up out of the blue then something like the Truman Show must dawn on people ''ehhh, OK, we're living in a fictional universe'.

Even if I were to take the stance that 'rooting in reality' is the best course, that would make me even more pissed off that Batman is being rebooted. We already had the perfect Reality Batman! And those films could have been counted as part of the shared universe. But oh no, Nolan can't have that. :slap

Last edited:

The problem is that both DC and WB decided to start their own CBMU with not-superman written and produced by those behind TDK. They just couldn't let it go since RISES made sooo much money... It's their funeral to begin with.

There's nothing wrong with providing Superheroes with some sense of realism, and if you can do it for one, you can do it for them all.

Dam straight I really dont care what they do provided it creates a good movie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Back