Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

I think most Donner-Supes fans would admit that the time reversal thing is that continuity's Tornado scene.

But as for the death of Superman, I don't see why it couldn't have been done in the likes of the Donner-verse. Look at the scene in Superman Returns where Lex and his thugs kick the $h!t out of a Superman and then stab him in the back with kryptonite - that was pretty 'dark' and quite effective. Having him 'die' at the hands of a big CGI monster wouldn't be much of a stretch beyond that especially since we know he doesn't really die.

Yeah that's a good scene to an otherwise silly rendering of superman's arch enemy. And if we want to get specific that scene was directed by Bryan Singer so I am not sure if that would fit in the Donner Universe at all considering all the brooding and loneliness was not really part of the other superman movies for the most part the character was played up like the all American boy scout and simile on him. This movie gave him an edge and I dam well loved it.

Still did people get his upset when the one character we know has an aversion to killing, Batman, ends up killing Two Face I mean I don't remember people getting that upset about it. Or the fact that the movie was so dam good made everybody forget about that. Still this a good thing this delay as the last thing we would want is another green lantern. How the messed up a very successful comic in the past 10 years is a shame because the stories by Geoff Johns are fantastic and they would serve as great material for movies if done properly

Last edited:

I agree with this, but the time reversal scene isn’t on the same level as the tornado scene. That scene is just really funny, especially for a movie thats supposed to be “grounded”.

So you are having a hard time believing superman would not jump in to save his father even after he drilled it in to his head that he should keep his powers a secret. I Liked it plays in the movie about his dad willing to die to protect his sons secret and not to mention it would totally expose his secret identity to the world and how can we have that.

I agree with this, but the time reversal scene isn’t on the same level as the tornado scene. That scene is just really funny, especially for a movie thats supposed to be “grounded”.

Nah, even as a Donner-verse proponent I would say the time reversal is worse. Not only ridiculous but it just makes no sense and raises a bunch of questions. The tornado scene was only ridiculous in the sense of questionable character motivations.

Here is my view: most people start with being sups fan as kids, many a times super fans and as they progress through some of their grades they start falling out the line and align themselves to likes of batman and Spider-Man. Reason is simple: we can relate to them to some extent. Batmans struggle, the fact that he has no superpower, his ability to create, plan, engineer. Spider-Man as he is just a boy who happens to acquire his powers ( which they may spin in the next movie as he is destined to acquire them) but either ways he is relatable. Infact in case of batman most villains are also humanly and have no super powers and hence a batman winning a fight seems more relatable than a man with flying superpowers spinning the world the other way round.

These are no brainers ... but may be the very reasons why it's quite difficult to make a superman movie work in today's time.

Even in avengers many are relatable... Ironman, bw, hulk (because he was in an accident). Captain America always lacked some conviction for me and so did Thor. But anyways...

I didn't like Supes as a kid, only Batman, I thought Superman was lame, it wasn't until I reached certain age, like 14 I guess, that I started to realize the freaking badass power fantasy that Superman represents, and his impeccable moral fiber, regardless of his powers, he's this guy you can always trust and always look up to, it didn't take long for Supes to become my favorite superhero.

I didn't like Supes as a kid, only Batman, I thought Superman was lame, it wasn't until I reached certain age, like 14 I guess, that I started to realize the freaking badass power fantasy that Superman represents, and his impeccable moral fiber, regardless of his powers, he's this guy you can always trust and always look up to, it didn't take long for Supes to become my favorite superhero.

I think he is the man who always trust us! ... So much so that he wears a specs as disguise and expects us not to tell anyone, just kidding man. I dont hate him. Like i said he was like my superhero and infact probably is the only one with real superpowers (as bill says in kill bill) ... But again thats the very reason i prefer batman and spider cause they are humans who go over and beyond!

Urgh seriously people who hate MOS and keep coming here or on the movie thread to share their truth is so funny.
The movie was bad, it did not perform, no heart, boring, over the top action... Blahblah blahblah... Bull****!
Dc is copying Marvel, loki rocks, i love Hulk s *****.... Great who cares!
Move on guys, there are many movies out there that deserve your so perfect opinions.

^^^^^ Calm down friend! Read the thread topic, its batman vs superman... and for batman vs superman to be discussed both batman and MOS will be discussed (essentially what fans liked and what they dint) Not sure why everyone has to like something to post comments.

Urgh seriously people who hate MOS and keep coming here or on the movie thread to share their truth is so funny.
The movie was bad, it did not perform, no heart, boring, over the top action... Blahblah blahblah... Bull****!
Dc is copying Marvel, loki rocks, i love Hulk s *****.... Great who cares!
Move on guys, there are many movies out there that deserve your so perfect opinions.

If you aren't looking for conversation try a newspaper. All the headlines, none of the discussion, just want you seem to want.

Or is it that you want to live in a world where everyone agrees with you? would you prefer something like this format :

They're making a BVS Movie!

Day One : I like this idea

Me too!

Nothing else to say because everyone agrees, no reason to come here for 2 years

the movie comes out

Day One : I liked this!

me too!

Cya in another 3 years!

Thanks captains obvious :)
Im not talking about guys who are discussing stuff, exchanging opinions, views.
But the one who keep repeating the same bs on and on...
Who basically hate MOS, who already planning on hating te next one.
Knowing nothing on it.
Coming with their opinions and leaving with them.
They are not here to have discussions.
If that works for you guys , fine, i just hope when i get notified by the thread to read something interesting.
Most of the Time the samedi bs from the same people...
Annoying .
But enjoy :)

No one was doing that at the time you made your comment.

And if you feel that way about certain people just put them on ignore.

Knowing nothing on it.
If that works for you guys , fine, i just hope when i get notified by the thread to read something interesting.
Annoying .

:goodpost:

That's how the cookie crumbles though. Haters enter, they hate, they leave. Rinse and repeat.

Knowing nothing on it.
Annoying .

I come here everyday in the hope of reading interesting bits of news about the movie and all I see is the same litany of people whining because the movie is going to suck and they hate Batfleck, and Snyder sucks and Gadot is too thin and so on...

Was MOS perfect? Far from that, and yes! The 78 movie still rules, but guys, suck it up! We're in 2014 and they've decided to go another way, wether you like it or not! And the endless whining and sourpuss comments aren't gonna change it.

I've already said that, yes, maybe the movie will suck in the end, but what's the point in always being negative? Let's give them a chance, release their movie, and then, if it really sucks, say so! That'll be more constructive!

^^^ if you want to hear news! there is an option in google search! Change setting for alerts and it will trigger you even if Ben affleck farts... ;) !

So this is what you guys prefer?

Knowing nothing on it.
Annoying .

complaining.

That's how the cookie crumbles though. Haters enter, they hate, they leave. Rinse and repeat.

complaining.

I come here everyday in the hope of reading interesting bits of news about the movie and all I see is the same litany of people whining because the movie is going to suck and they hate Batfleck, and Snyder sucks and Gadot is too thin and so on...

Was MOS perfect? Far from that, and yes! The 78 movie still rules, but guys, suck it up! We're in 2014 and they've decided to go another way, wether you like it or not! And the endless whining and sourpuss comments aren't gonna change it.

I've already said that, yes, maybe the movie will suck in the end, but what's the point in always being negative? Let's give them a chance, release their movie, and then, if it really sucks, say so! That'll be more constructive!

complaining.

I see the differance now. You guys complain about the people who complain. But without them you wouldn't have a reason to come here either it seems. This is quite the quandary indeed.

:lol

Back