Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

Jennifer Garner was interviewed at the Screen Actors Guild Awards and said this about the new Bat suit: "The suit, is unbelievably cool. It's a total reinvention! It looks great!"

I can't wait to see it. I'm hoping for grey and dark blue... completely different than Nolans take on the character. I'm also hoping for a non army tank sized Batmobile. :lol

Hopefully DC gives us official looks at some stuff this year since they pushed the movie out 10 months. :pray:

There's nothing wrong with providing Superheroes with some sense of realism, and if you can do it for one, you can do it for them all.

What 'realism' would that be though? Having no humour? Because that to me seems to be the only way MOS distinguished itself from the Marvel universe. Otherwise, ridiculous fantastical stuff happens in both.

Last edited:

There's nothing wrong with providing Superheroes with some sense of realism, and if you can do it for one, you can do it for them all.
In stand alone films, where tehy are the only hero in the universe in which tehy exist?
Sure.
In an interconnected universe, It dosn't really work.
UNLESS you slowly work on moving away from the "Grounded Reality" and embrace teh fantastical bit by bit, as if its a way to show the transition to the fantastical.

Jennifer Garner was interviewed at the Screen Actors Guild Awards and said this about the new Bat suit: "The suit, is unbelievably cool. It's a total reinvention! It looks great!"

I can't wait to see it. I'm hoping for grey and dark blue... completely different than Nolans take on the character. I'm also hoping for a non army tank sized Batmobile. :lol

Hopefully DC gives us official looks at some stuff this year since they pushed the movie out 10 months. :pray:

I BET we see the Suit NO LATER than SDCC.

" TOTALY REINVENTED" To me, means more comic, less Rubber fetishisim.

Betting it's along the lines of Cap's Avengers costume, but more in the vein of The REcent games.

Grey and blue for me too, if not at least grey and black.

Can't wait for the comic-con teaser.

HOw about Grey and Midnight Blue, since they want to go for "realisim"?
020731.jpg

In stand alone films, where tehy are the only hero in the universe in which tehy exist?
Sure.
UNLESS you slowly work on moving away from the "Grounded Reality" and embrace teh fantastical bit by bit, as if its a way to show the transition to the fantastical.

Exactly. A realistic Nolan world where the planet had not experienced any of this before in recorded history...and then suddenly it all starts happening - that's silly. :dunno I don't think you could even do it 'bit by bit' as you describe. It would still be silly.

What you need is a world which puts across the idea that weird and amazing stuff had been happening all along. Marvel has that. DC easily could too.

Exactly. A realistic Nolan world where the planet had not experienced any of this before in recorded history...and then suddenly it all starts happening - that's silly. :dunno I don't think you could even do it 'bit by bit' as you describe. It would still be silly.

What you need is a world which puts across the idea that weird and amazing stuff had been happening all along. Marvel has that. DC easily could too.

Which would be my preference Personaly.

I’m sticking to my guns, Superman Returns was a very good movie. Showed a lot of Supermans problems in a non cliche way.

Saw the superman movie again in the long *** flight. Now, when i saw that humorous batman and superman video, i laughed even harder when superman's disguise is really nothing more than "specs / glasses" ... It was always completely laughable as a kid reading those comics and now, when i did see the ending again, it was like, well what can they do? With all the respect to sups and i have been a fan but some basic stuff needs to change. I am not saying that everything needs to be completely believable, no fun in that, but glasses as disguise is like a super super stretch! ...

I’m sticking to my guns, Superman Returns was a very good movie. Showed a lot of Supermans problems in a non cliche way.

Yup, The way he dealt with being a deadbeat dad was pretty good.
Becoming a Super-stalker, and paying no child support. So VERY Superman there ! :lol Gets RIGHT ot the heart of who his character is.
Just like tossing someone down a ravine to their death.

I agree about the Cliche's. I don't think I could have stood Lex Luthoer's Snydley whiplash impression if had had actualy worn a tophat and had a handlebar mustache to twirl while laughing like skeletor. Loosing those aspects made it work much better.

Saw the superman movie again in the long *** flight. Now, when i saw that humorous batman and superman video, i laughed even harder when superman's disguise is really nothing more than "specs / glasses" ... It was always completely laughable as a kid reading those comics and now, when i did see the ending again, it was like, well what can they do? With all the respect to sups and i have been a fan but some basic stuff needs to change. I am not saying that everything needs to be completely believable, no fun in that, but glasses as disguise is like a super super stretch! ...

Quoting the comics

Aquaman ( I THINK) : I still can't believe Clark gets away with the Glasses thing.

Green Lantern ( I THINK) : Sure, clark wears glasses to hide his identiy. He ALSO Wears suits that are two sizes two big, Slouches, Raises his voice an octive, and fakes being accident prone.

What 'realism' would that be though? Having no humour? Because that to me seems to be the only way MOS distinguished itself from the Marvel universe. Otherwise, ridiculous fantastical stuff happens in both.

The fact that it's not flooded with cheap sitcom dialogue doesn't mean there's no humor, it had a couple bits that the audience laughed at.

Then I'd have to ask, what do you understand for realism? Realism can be achieved with visuals alone.

Sure.

HOw about Grey and Midnight Blue, since they want to go for "realisim"?
View attachment 89367

If it works for one it works for all of them.

The fact that it's not flooded with cheap sitcom dialogue doesn't mean there's no humor, it had a couple bits that the audience laughed at.

Then I'd have to ask, what do you understand for realism? Realism can be achieved with visuals alone.

Does a terrible script take care of the rest? :lol

I enjoyed Superman Man of Steel. It wasn't amazing filmmaking by any means but I wasn't bored like some people were.

If it works for one it works for all of them.

People seemed to like that sit-com dialogue. Avengers wasn't nearly as divisive as MOS is. Incidentally I did just think about a piece of humour in MOS. The woman soldier saying ''He's hot'' at the end. Very high-brow!

As regards 'realism' I'm talking about this ''grounded in reality'' stuff Nolan started because he was embarrassed about making a superhero film - the idea that the world the hero inhabits is in fact the very world we inhabit if something amazing happened - along came a superhero. It starts to become a problem when you're asked to accept that all of a sudden, out of the blue, not just one superhero but numerous superheroes and villains start showing up. That really stretches credibility too much if you're trying to present a realistic world.

And that is what MOS has started. It makes no mention of any previous superheroes. Superman is the first. Humanity's experience up to this point is apparently our own real-world experience.

Last edited:

People seemed to like that sit-com dialogue. Avengers wasn't nearly as divisive as MOS is. Incidentally I did just think about a piece of humour in MOS. The woman soldier saying ''He's hot'' at the end. Very high-brow!

As regards 'realism' I'm talking about this ''grounded in reality'' stuff Nolan started because he was embarrassed about making a superhero film - the idea that the world the hero inhabits is in fact the very world we inhabit if something amazing happened - along came a superhero. It starts to become a problem when you're asked to accept that all of a sudden, out of the blue, not just one superhero but numerous superheroes and villains start showing up. That really stretches credibility too much if you're trying to present a realistic world.

Very very well said!

Yup, The way he dealt with being a deadbeat dad was pretty good.
Becoming a Super-stalker, and paying no child support. So VERY Superman there ! :lol Gets RIGHT ot the heart of who his character is.
Just like tossing someone down a ravine to their death.

I agree about the Cliche's. I don't think I could have stood Lex Luthoer's Snydley whiplash impression if had had actualy worn a tophat and had a handlebar mustache to twirl while laughing like skeletor. Loosing those aspects made it work much better.

Dead beat dad? He didn’t know it was his kid until the end of the movie. When he found out, he saw his son, and told Lois he will always be around.
The whole stalking scene was really blown up. It was one scene, he hears she doesn’t care about him and he flies into space. If he would have come back to the house the next day, then that would be a whole other story.
Also I don’t care about the comic version of Superman and who the character is in the comics, the movies are always their own interpretation to me. I judge movies on how good they are, not what they got right about the comic or not.

MOS I didn’t care about the neck snap, and the godly battle at the end, if anything it makes sense, he just became Superman so being a little reckless is expected. I just thought the movie had subpar acting, writing, and no soul. They tried to do way too much. If they would have kept it simple, it think it would have came out a lot better.

Back