Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I don't see it as backing down, I see it as getting the movie two months earlier.:yess:

According to Devin Faraci from Badass Digest. Sources say that this version of Batman has been around for almost 30 years and he actually will be in his 50's. Smdh

I imagine 45, at most. If Snyder puts a full blown TDKR Batman in Justice League, that'll be weird.

I see it as DC/WB not wanting to go up against Marvel directly because based on history they'll lose. But I also see it as Batman/Superman fans getting to see their movie several weeks earlier.

Not a coincidence this comes off the heels of GOTG's success, I'm sure. But really, it's a rational move. WB/DC is still unproven. Marvel Studios is a juggernaut. Why hurt yourself by trying to show that you have big balls? Even if it beat out Cap 3 (I suspect it would), the movie will make more money this way, and thus have a more genuine chance of bringing in the profits to warrant more sequels.

Smart move by DC, it was the logical choice, they would have beaten Cap3 easily, various polls suggested that, but their Box office could have taken a hit anyway.

In addition, they've seem to have announced a **** ton of movies, which is great news, finally this is starting, and to those who don't like Snyder, there's no way he's going to direct everything here.

Untitled DC Film - August 5, 2016
Untitled DC Film - June 23, 2017
Untitled DC Film - November 17, 2017
Untitled DC Film - March 23, 2018
Untitled DC Film - July 27, 2018
Untitled WB Event Film - November 16, 2018
Untitled DC Film - April 5, 2019
Untitled DC Film - June 14, 2019
Untitled DC Film - April 3, 2020
Untitled DC Film - June 19, 2020
Untitled WB Event Film - November 20, 2020

I'm more of a Marvel fan than DC, but in the end I'm a fan of super heroes. I really like having all of the movies spread out throughout the year, instead of piled on top of eachother. So this makes me happy to put them 5 weeks apart. Both will be amazing, I'll be seeing both opening night.

Smart move by DC, it was the logical choice, they would have beaten Cap3 easily, various polls suggested that, but their Box office could have taken a hit anyway.

In addition, they've seem to have announced a **** ton of movies, which is great news, finally this is starting, and to those who don't like Snyder, there's no way he's going to direct everything here.

Great news! I can't wait for The Flash movie if it comes and Martian Manhunter. With that said I'm leaving before the flame wars start with the insecure fans who have to defend their choice of franchise instead of just enjoying both.

Great news! I can't wait for The Flash movie if it comes and Martian Manhunter. With that said I'm leaving before the flame wars start with the insecure fans who have to defend their choice of franchise instead of just enjoying both.

I know, as a Superhero fan I'm winning with both fronts.

A Martian Manhunter would be amazing, and keep that ****er Goyer away from it :lol

Also, a Shazam movie :yess: I hope they base the movie on the DC Showcase short film The return of Black Adamn

Smart move- March 25 will see clear box office time frame of several weeks without anything BIG going up against it- going toe to toe with Cap 3 is stupid-BOTH films would be hurt by going same weekend.

Two movies a year :clap

So another movie is coming in 2016?

Does anyone have a clue what it could be?

Two movies a year :clap

So another movie is coming in 2016?

Does anyone have a clue what it could be?

I would think at least the essential ones are a safe bet, if we assume the 1st event movie is JL, then that means 6 movies before that, six, it's safe to assume they're going to give a proper introduction to the characters.

I wonder if someone will manage to complain about that :lol

I would think at least the essential ones are a safe bet, if we assume the 1st event movie is JL, then that means 6 movies before that, six, it's safe to assume they're going to give a proper introduction to the characters.

I wonder if someone will manage to complain about that :lol

I’m sure at least someone will :lol

Man, Hot Toys must be going crazy over this news.

I just hope they go after solid directors, Fox really showed what can happen to a franchise when you hire terrible directors that have no understanding of the characters or property.

Eh, what's two months? Make it 2015 and then we're talking.

Crazy how much they're adjusting. I wonder if we'll see a title change too (Hobbit, Terminator, etc.)? :lol

Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justyce

Coming to a theater near you in October 2015.

I wouldn't mind if they changed the V, I never cared for that, it's a pretentious attempt to have the VS mood without calling it a VS movie, just call it Batman Superman like the comics, or give it the VS.

Keep the subtitle though, it's badass.

Looks like DC is getting ready to churn out the titles. Beyond interested to know if theyre going to try to reboot GL.

Back