Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I don't think so. Stah Wahs is an über dyke, I mean juggernaut.

So is Avengers 2. Don't underestimate Marvel. Avengers is the 3rd biggest film of all time and people just gave a 94 million dollar opening to GOTG, a group of D- list heroes that 99.9% of the population didn't know. Star Wars will be big, but they have to overcome the terrible prequels. Marvel is on a roll right now. Man of Steel is going to hurt BvS, imo. That, and the fact that people don't trust WB/DC like they do Marvel. But who knows? BvS is a 76 years in the making movie event featuring 3 of the most iconic fictional characters ever, and if the film is great, not good, but great, it could be the biggest film ever. I doubt it, WB/DC will probably drop the ball. I also forgot about Avatar 2, which could al be bigger than all those other films.

Why does everyone always leave out X-Men Apocalypse when talking box office?

Oh it definitely won't, but people are actually putting Cap 2 and GOTG on their lists and leaving XMA out.

Avengers 2 could still take BvS, but nothing will beat E7.

I believe Avengers 2 will be bigger SWE7. Either way, non of those films are going to beat Avatar. If anything, Avatar 2 could be the biggest of them all. The last two films James Cameron made were the two biggest of all time by a large margin, and the last sequel he made was Terminator 2, one of the best sequels ever. I wouldn't bet against James Cameron.

I believe Avengers 2 will be bigger SWE7. Either way, non of those films are going to beat Avatar. If anything, Avatar 2 could be the biggest of them all. The last two films James Cameron made were the two biggest of all time by a large margin, and the last sequel he made was Terminator 2, one of the best sequels ever. I wouldn't bet against James Cameron.

The allure of that 3D technology isn't there anymore, I think Cameron's name, attached to an original property and the curiosity of newer technology is what sold it. I don't think it will be anywhere near as successful as the first one.

The Avengers made more in its first run than Titanic's first run (Titanic is only still #2 because of its 3D re-release a couple of years ago.) Avatar's days are numbered.

The allure of that 3D technology isn't there anymore, I think Cameron's name, attached to an original property and the curiosity of newer technology is what sold it. I don't think it will be anywhere near as successful as the first one.

Titanic didn't have 3D and it made more money than Avengers, all the Star Wars and Marvel films, so I don't know. James Cameron always comes out with something new and "ground breaking", so while everyone is thinking about 3D movies, he might have something even better. His track record is very impressive, and if he can make a movie about a boat sinking, the biggest film ever (at the time), I'm not going to bet against that dude. :lol

The Avengers made more in its first run than Titanic's first run (Titanic is only still #2 because of its 3D re-release a couple of years ago.) Avatar's days are numbered.

Nope, Titanic made 1.8 billion in the 90's, and over 2 billion with the 3D rerelease. Avengers made 1.5. :) Avatar is closer to 3 billion, which is INSANE :horror

Back