Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Guillermo Del Toro Reveals Details About Justice League Dark - Comic Con 2014

Don't know if you've already seen it, I hadn't seen it until now, it's from a while back but for some reason IGN bumped it on their Facebook and it's a delight listening to Del Toro.

As usual, just ignore the most awful host on the internet, Miller.

Guillermo Del Toro Reveals Details About Justice League Dark - Comic Con 2014

Don't know if you've already seen it, I hadn't seen it until now, it's from a while back but for some reason IGN bumped it on their Facebook and it's a delight listening to Del Toro.

As usual, just ignore the most awful host on the internet, Miller.

Interesting, good to know Justice League Dark is still on the table. He sounded pretty positive about it.

I still think my favorite defense of this movie came from an io9 commenter. He said, "people are mistaking this for Superman: Year One; it's not; it's Superman: Day One," and that is so true. Man of Steel is as much a coming-of-age drama as it is a superhero origin story. We're witnessing Clark Kent's journey of self-discovery, and even though he wears the suit, and even though the military calls him that, I firmly believe that Superman, as we know him, is not present in the movie. That's Clark fighting Zod, at the end; that's Clark making that ultimate decision, at the end, and that's, ultimately, Clark establishing why Superman's moral code is what it is, in all of the iterations we know.
Huh. Good points there.

Still not a fan of the film, but in that context - sure, there's some merit.

I still think my favorite defense of this movie came from an io9 commenter. He said, "people are mistaking this for Superman: Year One; it's not; it's Superman: Day One," and that is so true. Man of Steel is as much a coming-of-age drama as it is a superhero origin story. We're witnessing Clark Kent's journey of self-discovery, and even though he wears the suit, and even though the military calls him that, I firmly believe that Superman, as we know him, is not present in the movie. That's Clark fighting Zod, at the end; that's Clark making that ultimate decision, at the end, and that's, ultimately, Clark establishing why Superman's moral code is what it is, in all of the iterations we know.

Holy crap, this description makes the movie seem even worse than the things I say about it, which are pretty awful, and that's a defense of MoS? :lol I would add in boring, dour, pretentious and nonsensical, but I guess a 'Superman-less Superman movie' is an apt description for what Goyer and Snyder gave us. :duh

Well a new writer may change things from the stuff Goyer was churning out. Every good movie has a good story, every good story has good writers behind it. Hopefully BvS is not just gimmick to sell tickets but actually has a great story behind it.

Look they have my 8 bucks for that leaked con footage of Bats firing up the signal on Superman. I never thought something like that would make it to film.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=105753

Talking on the Tommy Toe Hold show recently (via Yahoo! Movies), MMA superstar and star of The Expendables 3 Ronda Rousey revealed some serious geek cred when talk turned to her love of Pokémon. However, of most interest to us is what she said when asked which movie she thinks would be better if it starred her. "They're making a Wonder Woman right now, aren't they?" she asked. "I should have been Wonder Woman, man! That girl couldn't curl a two-pound weight, what's so wonderful about that? I don't understand." Fighting talk there, and while a recently released still does show that Gal Gadot looks pretty much perfect in the role, she'd be wise not to take this up with the UFC champion as you can see from the gif below! Do you think Rousey would have been a good Wonder Woman in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice?

Read more at https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=105753#cEpfQD6izWKvAqOu.99

Shots fired!

At least Carano was attractive.

Rousey would be Wonder Man.

Why do the kicks and punches look fake in those MMA/UFC fights. :lol

Well, I don’t know much about her, the only thing I’ve ever seen her in was The Expendables 3, and she was terrible, a lot worse than Gal in the F&F films, but those are two films I probably shouldn’t judge people on their acting.

Yea Carano is something else.

Sorry Ronda, you need to be able to act to be an actress. Being able to beat the **** out of people isn't a necessity, all that **** is fake in the movies... :cuckoo:

Wrestling, Boxing, MMA....all fake or fixed.

Always will be.

I don't take any of that crap seriously.

I don't waste my time with any of them, i'll just watch girl beach volleyball if I want to see hotties.

Last edited:

I was kind of excited to see how Rousey does in Expendables, especially since shes going to be in the next F&F flick. Can't be any worse than Carano.

Wrestling, Boxing, MMA....all fake or fixed.

Always will be.

I don't take any of that crap seriously.

Do not waste my time in any of them, i'll just watch girl beach volleyball if I want to see hotties.

Well, there's always corruption once a sport reaches certain level of popularity.

But given the amount of actual KO and the lack of results by judges decisions, I'd say MMA is one of the truest pro sports out there.

Back