Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Yeah, I know right. There's no science involved in jujutsu or judo, it's just a wild flailing free for all. Don't even get me started on stand-up in MMA, those posers have to worry about takedowns and kicks, elbows, knees....not like the real chess game of boxing where you only throw fist blows.

Well, the fact that boxers are limited to using only their fists makes it more of a cerebral sport, most of the time you actually have to out think your opponent because of that, that's why it's called the sweet science.

MMA has a variation of styles that they apply to win a fight, that their opponent might not be trained in.

MMA is also a lot more accessible, generally the best boxers in the world start a very young age, Brock Lesnar could never be a champion in boxing after starting so late, no matter how hard he trained.

Just my opinion though.

Boxing also has a fascinating history, some of the greatest specimens to ever walk this planet were, and are pugilists.

Edit: didn't see this argument went any further, my phone didn't load properly.

Last edited:
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I saw this same debate between Nam and Alex Logan a few years back verbatim. Man do these discussions go in circles. :lol

From JJ Abrams:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 300

I really don't get this ****, it's not like JarJar and Snidur are great directors to mess with their audien... ah, now I get it.

Is this old news?

THE BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE AND CAPTAIN AMERICA 3 FACEOFF ENDS
Out of context, it might seem silly that so much pressure and anticipation can be spent and exerted on something like movie release dates, but that is surely what has been going on at both Marvel Studios and Warner Bros/DC Comics for months now. The center of it all was the release date of May 6, 2016 (since The Mummy in 1999, that weekend has been associated with the "start of the summer season"). First, Marvel slated a "mystery" project on that date, then Warner Bros moved Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice there after it was clear they would not make a previously scheduled date in the summer of 2015. Things really heated up when Marvel Studios revealed that their 5/6/16 film was actually Captain America 3, soon after Captain America: The Winter Soldier had a huge opening earlier this year. It was at that point that the situation truly became a faceoff, with much electronic text spent on speculating on which studio would "blink" first and move to a different date. This week, Warner Bros announced that Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has been moved up six weeks to March 25, 2016. In addition to separating from Captain America 3, this move also lands the movie (which also features Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and probably other heroes) to a time of the year which has a strong history with Warner Bros. The month of March is when Warner Bros released such films as The Matrix (1999), V for Vendetta (2006), 300 (2007), and Watchmen (2009). Now, obviously, none of those films had quite the same pre-release hype as the Batman/Superman movie, but there's still some sort of precendent there. This would also be a good time to point out that the importance of seasonal releases might be gradually lessening. Captain America: The Winter Soldier, for example, was released on April 4, 2014, which is only a week later than the new date for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. You can follow this link to ComingSoon.net to read more from WB President Dan Fellman about this move, and there's more release date fun down below in this column.

As someone who's about to hit the big 4-0 next month I actually like Batman being in his mid-40's. Now I wouldn't want that for all superheroes but I admit it feels a little weird every time I age past any of my childhood heroes. I grew up on these badasses being my elders, not young whippersnappers who made much more out of their short lives than me. :lol

Being a huge fan of GOT, this one is going to be weird to see played out. Guess we'll be seeing him swimming with the dolphins.

JASON MOMOA JOINS "BATMAN V SUPERMAN" AS AQUAMAN
jason-momoa-reported-to-be-playing-aquaman-in-batman-vs-superman-dawn-of-justice-164350-a-1402752912-470-75.jpg

After months of speculation and rumors, Variety reports that "Game of Thrones" actor Jason Momoa has been cast as Aquaman in Zack Snyder's upcoming "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." Long rumored to be in talks to play the King of the Seven Seas, Momoa's casting as Aquaman marks the announcement of the first member of the Justice League in the DC Cinematic Universe since Gal Gadot was confirmed as Wonder Woman in December 2013.

Momoa is best known for his role as Khal Drogo in "Game of Thrones," as well as his work in the starring role of 2011's "Conan the Barbarian." He was also one of the main contenders for the role of Drax in "Guardians of the Galaxy," a role that eventually went to Dave Bautista. Rumors of Momoa's involvement in "Batman V Superman" began in December 2013, when it was reported he was in talks to join the film's cast.
https://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54762

Isn't Momoa bigger than Affleck and Cavill? That's going to be an odd picture of Aquaman standing over everyone.

Momoa and Affleck are almost the same heigh. Now Cavill... Yeah...

Imagine that picture of batman and Aquaman standing over superman and Wonder Woman.

I think submariner is a property attached to fantastic four and therefore a part of fox.

Back