Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Black Nick Fury is the point of no return for my interest in MCU, so is non blond Captain and not incredibly blond Thor.

And dark skinned Bruce Banner.

And fake redhead Black Widow.

To be fair, they can always tell the audience that Atlantis is actually located in Pacific to justify this miscast :lol

So Affleck thinks that Snyder is only good at visuals, interesting:

SHH:

“Before I took the role, Warner Bros. gave me a bunch of past reactions to casting and said, ‘Are you sure you want to get into this? This is part and parcel of these movies now. There’s a lot of active fans with a lot of opinions.’ To me, having been through a certain amount of that, it doesn’t really… Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. I wouldn’t have taken the part if I didn’t trust my instincts in terms of the filmmaking. I think Chris Terrio wrote a terrific script. Zack’s a great visual director. And there’s an interesting take. I wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t think I could do it. I have the benefit of a lot of that understanding.”

Jyecat, Fox News called. They've offered you Bill O'Reilly's position, plus a $100,000 raise.:lecture :lol

I always felt Zack is only as good as his material. He's not a strong enough storyteller to transcend any inherent weakness in the shooting script. His visuals are fantastic, but any humanity or believable drama has to come from the text. WATCHMEN was great because he had the good sense to use a classic piece of modern literature as a storyboard. 300 and SUCKER PUNCH, on the other hand, are "badass" eyecandy, but extremely shallow on any dramatic level. If you watch him in behind the scenes footage, the vast majority of his directorial decisions come down to something being "awesome" or "really cool". I'm not even exaggerating. Watch how many times he drops those phrases.

Seems like a genuinely nice guy, though, who's passionate about comics (just not Superman ones.) I'll give him that.

I always felt Zack is only as good as his material. He's not a strong enough storyteller to transcend any inherent weakness in the shooting script. His visuals are fantastic, but any humanity or believable drama has to come from the text. WATCHMEN was great because he had the good sense to use a classic piece of modern literature as a storyboard. 300 and SUCKER PUNCH, on the other hand, are "badass" eyecandy, but extremely shallow on any dramatic level. If you watch him in behind the scenes footage, the vast majority of his directorial decisions come down to something being "awesome" or "really cool". I'm not even exaggerating. Watch how many times he drops those phrases.

Seems like a genuinely nice guy, though, who's passionate about comics (just not Superman ones.) I'll give him that.
gfec3787c.gif

Hard for me to believe he's read many Superman comics though, based on Man of Steel. . .maybe Dark Knight Returns and some Elseworlds stuff like Red Son?

Snyder has always seemed like one of those kids on the playground coming up with stories. I imagine him sitting with Goyer saying, "wouldn't it be cool if Supes and Zod beat the crap out of each other and tore Metropolis apart?"

Was just listening to a bunch of rumors from "insiders".

No jokes allowed in this movie, still very serious important stuff.

Probably for the best. I don't think humor is the strength of anyone involved here. Guy with the best track record is probably Affleck himself, from those crappy Kevin Smith movies.

Back