Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

..& in that year & a half, he graduated from the University of extreme mouth expression with flying colours.

I forget Difabio's Nolan Bats timeline, but doesn't he exist as Batman for a total of, like a year and a half or something? :lol He truly earned his retirement there.

- Becomes Batman in Begins, we'll say he's active for a month (even though the Scarecrow, Ra's, Falcone, LoS thing is probably a couple of weeks)

- Dark Knight is 8 months later (newly elected Dent replacing Finch, Joker still bank robbin')

- The Dark Knight story is in the span of a couple of days (bank robbery, party, Hong Kong, etc.)

- Then according to TDKR, he retires the night he takes Joker and Two-Face down

So you have a 9 to 10 month old Batman before he retires. Then he comes back after 8 years in TDKR, for like two nights, then is out of commission again, thrown into a pit. Then he comes back for literally a day (there's only hours left till the bomb goes off) then ends his career permanently and quits for good.

11 months, if we're being generous. To make matters worse, Scarecrow's criminal career is a little longer than Batman's and Joker doesn't even clock in a month with his time as the Joker before he's silenced completely. Also Two-Face is literally the span of a day and a half before Batman kills his ass.

We can accept Batman as a vampire, we can accept Batman as a Victorian crime fighter, why can't we accept Batman as extreme therapy for a damaged human being?

This doesn't have much to do with his time as Batman in the Nolan films, but the whole idea of modern Batman is that he's obsessively driven, and that his psychology (and to some extent intelligence, though Kord Blue Beetle was said to be equally intelligent) is what really distinguishes him from everyone else. So it does make sense to me that what he does is primarily a means of dealing with his trauma. But the vampire stuff and all that were presumably Elseworlds, which don't really have to maintain much of the character's core traits if they don't want to for the purpose of the story.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

- Becomes Batman in Begins, we'll say he's active for a month (even though the Scarecrow, Ra's, Falcone, LoS thing is probably a couple of weeks)

- Dark Knight is 8 months later (newly elected Dent replacing Finch, Joker still bank robbin')

- The Dark Knight story is in the span of a couple of days (bank robbery, party, Hong Kong, etc.)

- Then according to TDKR, he retires the night he takes Joker and Two-Face down

So you have a 9 to 10 month old Batman before he retires. Then he comes back after 8 years in TDKR, for like two nights, then is out of commission again, thrown into a pit. Then he comes back for literally a day (there's only hours left till the bomb goes off) then ends his career permanently and quits for good.

11 months, if we're being generous. To make matters worse, Scarecrow's criminal career is a little longer than Batman's and Joker doesn't even clock in a month with his time as the Joker before he's silenced completely. Also Two-Face is literally the span of a day and a half before Batman kills his ass.

Sounds like he's the best Batman yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I assumed that because stuff like this is praised so often:

Gotham_by_Gaslight.jpg

I'm wondering what Mickey Rourke under the cowl would've been like.. there's your Miller Batman

He's one rough dude, that's comfortable with tortured roles.

Just don't try to pass him off as a slick playboy. I think the closest he came to that, was in 9 & a Half Weeks. :lol

Whaaat? If anything he's efficient. He took down all the villains in a matter of days, found a replacement, saved the city, fulfilled Alfred's dream, and still had time to sleep with Talia and Catwoman...maybe Rachael too, and then he retired. :lol

Not being able to stop the Joker or the other villains for 10+ years, that would be lazy.

Well, Batman was obviously responsible for all the wacky costumed nut jobs who popped up to destroy the city and corrupt its soul. In that year or so since he started, you get Scarecrow, Ra's, Joker, Two-Face, Bane, and Talia all ravaging the city, escalating things and raising the stakes of what could be done to the city and beyond. You would reasonably assume that his quitting at that point was a terribly irresponsible thing, since he created the problem, then scooted out before making sure that the problem was solved. He did leave that untrained, ill prepared cop to take over though, so there's that I guess.

Well, Batman was obviously responsible for all the wacky costumed nut jobs who popped up to destroy the city and corrupt its soul. In that year or so since he started, you get Scarecrow, Ra's, Joker, Two-Face, Bane, and Talia all ravaging the city, escalating things and raising the stakes of what could be done to the city and beyond. You would reasonably assume that his quitting at that point was a terribly irresponsible thing, since he created the problem, then scooted out before making sure that the problem was solved. He did leave that untrained, ill prepared cop to take over though, so there's that I guess.

No he wasn't. The League of Shadows was around long before Bruce Wayne was Batman, and the Scarecrow was also doing his thing before Wayne was Batman, so he had nothing to do with that. The Joker made Two Face, not Batman, and again Batman is not responsible for the Joker and even if he was, he got him in a couple of days, and he took down the mob, although the Joker had something to do with that too. Bane and Talia were part of the league of shadows before Wayne had anything to do with them and they just wanted to finish what Ras had started. Again, Bats still took care of them. Also, when he retired for 8 years, things were good, that's what they said in the beginning of TDKR. He does leave Blake, and he has no training, but at least there are no crazy villains...or the mob.

However, in Batman 89, he created the Joker, just like in the comics, so Batman creating the Joker is part of the character's origin, so there's nothing wrong with that, but I still don't think Batman created the Joker in Batman Begins and TDK. It's not like Batman is directly responsible, unlike the 89 film.

Back