Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Avengers wishes it could have provided the same grand experience that DOFP did.

DOFP showing was rich, thoughtful, and fulfilling, not having to rely on gimmickry and comedy bits to keep the audience's interest. There were so many memorable parts, the movie succeeded at making a good dramatic movie that also happened to be a comic movie in one gathering.

Avengers felt like a Saturday morning cartoon.

I enjoyed Avengers, but it wasn't a genuinely well crafted film in the way that DOFP was.

DOFP wishes it could've provided the same grand experience that Avengers did.

Avengers showing was magical, HULK smashing Loki brought the house down. There were so many memorable parts, the movie succeeded at bringing regular people and geeks together into one extravagant gathering.

DOFP felt like a funeral.

I enjoyed DOFP, but it wasn't a rip roaring good time that Avengers was.

For such a grand movie, I thought it was surprisingly small in scale. It looked small like a tv movie or an episode of a series. The whole film pretty much takes place in the Helicarrier and a few streets in NY. It was far from epic, which is the feel I got from DOFP, maybe because of the time travel element and the intertwining story lines in different time lines and what was at stake, but it felt more epic, imo.

DOFP showing was rich, thoughtful, and fulfilling, not having to rely on gimmickry and comedy bits to keep the audience's interest. There were so many memorable parts, the movie succeeded at making a good dramatic movie that also happened to be a comic movie in one gathering.

I enjoyed Avengers, but it wasn't a genuinely well crafted film in the way that DOFP was.

For a well crafted film, it had some plot-holes. And although it was more dramatic, serious, and more epic than the Avengers, I still think the Avengers was a better comic book movie. Comic book characters are also Saturday morning cartoons...which are usually more faithful to the comics than the live action films, and in a way, Avengers was colorful, fun, and like a live action comic book or cartoon.

:lol :lol :lol

That was pretty cool, the voices were great, the voice of the clown reminded me of the voice of the Darkness from the videogame.

PS1 Spawn was painful to play, yet I couldn't put it down :lol

And what I like about the 1997 film is the suit, and the CGI actually holds up quite well.

Never played the PS1 game, I just meant old Mal looked like PS1 gen graphics.. actually - worse. :lol

Never played the PS1 game, I just meant old Mal looked like PS1 gen graphics.. actually - worse. :lol

It was a cool game, the fights were very entertaining and difficult as hell, since health regains where very scarce and you had to continue the game with the health remaining from the previous battle, so you had to be perfect to have any chance of beating the game, the controls in fights weren't that bad that I remember though, just very difficult, but the navigation controls were horrible, even worse than Silent Hill 1, and you'd spent most of the time exploring so it was frustrating.

Don't get me wrong though, the PS1 is still a legendary console. I've still got mine in near mint condition, safely stored with a ton of games to boot.

It was a prolific period - so much win. :rock

DOFP and Avengers wish they could've provided the same Nicolas Cage experience that Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance starring Nicolas Cage did.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance starring Nicolas Cage was magical, Nicolas Cage being Nicolas Cage brought the house down. The entire movie (Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance starring Nicolas Cage) was so rich and compelling, not having to rely on gimmickry and comedy bits to keep the audience's interest. There were so many memorable parts, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance starring Nicolas Cage succeeded at making a good dramatic movie that also happened to be a comic movie that also happened to star Nicolas Cage in one gathering.

DOFP felt like a funeral. Avengers felt like a Saturday morning cartoon. And both had a glaring lack of Nicolas Cage in them.

I enjoyed DOFP and Avengers, but neither was a rip roaring Nicolas Cage good time or a genuinely well crafted film starring Nicolas Cage in the way that Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance starring Nicolas Cage was.

Avengers and DOFP wish they could have provided the same grand experience that Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance starring Nicolas Cage did.

High Praise.

DOFP and Avengers wish they could've provided the same Nicolas Cage experience that Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance starring Nicolas Cage did.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance starring Nicolas Cage was magical, Nicolas Cage being Nicolas Cage brought the house down. The entire movie (Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance starring Nicolas Cage) was so rich and compelling, not having to rely on gimmickry and comedy bits to keep the audience's interest. There were so many memorable parts, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance starring Nicolas Cage succeeded at making a good dramatic movie that also happened to be a comic movie that also happened to star Nicolas Cage in one gathering.

DOFP felt like a funeral. Avengers felt like a Saturday morning cartoon. And both had a glaring lack of Nicolas Cage in them.

I enjoyed DOFP and Avengers, but neither was a rip roaring Nicolas Cage good time or a genuinely well crafted film starring Nicolas Cage in the way that Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance starring Nicolas Cage was.

Avengers and DOFP wish they could have provided the same grand experience that Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance starring Nicolas Cage did.

High Praise.

tumblr_m2jowo3tDx1roclo3o1_500.gif

High Praise.

I had a hard time trying to stop laughing, but when I hit that part, it did me in for good.:lol

High Praise.
tumblr_lzffeq3FYc1qeb4xso1_500.gif

Back