Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Nothing AOU can do will match seeing Batfleck, No-Hopeman and Twig Girl up on the big screen for the first time, but I still believe that AOU will be the better of the 2 movies.

Fixed, and I agree that seeing such a random trio just might trump seeing Ultron for the first time.

Man, I bet some of you are male models.

Who gives a ****?

Life must be pretty s----- if you ain't pretty.

Zoolander.jpg

‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ teaser trailer coming soon, November or December

According to Batman on Film, the first Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice teaser trailer has been completed and is ready to go. BOF’s sources say that it will be attached to a November or December movie and released online around the same time. Warner Bros.’ sister company, New Line Cinema, is releasing The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies on December 17th — which makes it a likely candidate.

But this news gets even better. The trailer is reportedly very “Batman heavy”. Stay tuned to Batman News, you may not have to wait long to see the very first footage of Ben Affleck as Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice!

Report: 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' teaser trailer coming soon - Batman News

So I am trying to understand this statement from the press release " And, in a massive expansion of the Studio’s DC Entertainment-branded content, Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema will release a slate of at least 10 movies—as well as stand-alone Batman and Superman films—from 2016 through 2020 that expands this prized universe of characters:

o “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
o “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
o “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
o “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
o “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
o “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
o “Shazam” (2019)
o “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
o “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
o “Green Lantern” (2020)

When exactly are they supposed to include these stand alone Batman and Superman films are we finally going to see 3 comic book movies from one studio in one year. The movie lineup is great, but what was absent were the stand alone Batman and Superman movies. Those two characters make up the the spine of the DC universe untill they build some momentum , however they were absent from this line up except for the 2 justice league movies.

And on that note are I hear rumors that Green lantern will have a cameo at the end of Batman V Superman and will be in the line up in Justice league part 1. I certainly hope that is the case as I can not imagine 2 justice league movie with out this core memeber. They can work on origin and futher stories in his stand alone but to be absent from the 2 justice league movies would be joke as he is and has always been a core memeber.

If BVS is amazing, they will be creating a brand like Marvel where they won't need their A list characters to carry the franchise, WB/DC seems confident right now.

Superman had his movie, and BVS seems to be Batman's movie, by 2020 Superman will have starred in 4 movies and Batman 3, I have no problem waiting for their sequels.

Let's let the "spine" relax while some other characters get some shine.

So I am trying to understand this statement from the press release " And, in a massive expansion of the Studio’s DC Entertainment-branded content, Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema will release a slate of at least 10 movies—as well as stand-alone Batman and Superman films—from 2016 through 2020 that expands this prized universe of characters:

o “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
o “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
o “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
o “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
o “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
o “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
o “Shazam” (2019)
o “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
o “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
o “Green Lantern” (2020)

When exactly are they supposed to include these stand alone Batman and Superman films are we finally going to see 3 comic book movies from one studio in one year. The movie lineup is great, but what was absent were the stand alone Batman and Superman movies. Those two characters make up the the spine of the DC universe untill they build some momentum , however they were absent from this line up except for the 2 justice league movies.

And on that note are I hear rumors that Green lantern will have a cameo at the end of Batman V Superman and will be in the line up in Justice league part 1. I certainly hope that is the case as I can not imagine 2 justice league movie with out this core memeber. They can work on origin and futher stories in his stand alone but to be absent from the 2 justice league movies would be joke as he is and has always been a core memeber.

Nothing lasts forever. The superhero craze will consume itself.

‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ teaser trailer coming soon, November or December

Report: 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' teaser trailer coming soon - Batman News

The pissing contest continues.

Warner: We're gonna have a Batman v Superman movie
Marvel: Oh yeah? well we're gonna add Iron Man to Captain America 3
Warner: Here's all the movies we're doing for the remainder of the decade.
Marvel: Avengers 2 trailer, beat that WB!
Warner Okay. Here's when the Batman v Superman trailer is coming, you're move marvel.

All it will take is a studio who overestimates the success of unproven brands, perpetually casts against type, and whose writers disdain the source material.

The pissing contest continues.

Warner: We're gonna have a Batman v Superman movie
Marvel: Oh yeah? well we're gonna add Iron Man to Captain America 3
Warner: Here's all the movies we're doing for the remainder of the decade.
Marvel: Avengers 2 trailer, beat that WB!
Warner Okay. Here's when the Batman v Superman trailer is coming, you're move marvel.

But the BvS trailer won't be out for at least a month.

If it was a pissing contest, it would be out right away to try to steal AoU's thunder.

The pissing contest is among the fanboys.

All it will take is a studio who overestimates the success of unproven brands, perpetually casts against type

Or one that underestimates that.

and whose writers disdain the source material.

They all do that though.

If BVS is amazing, they will be creating a brand like Marvel where they won't need their A list characters to carry the franchise, WB/DC seems confident right now.

Superman had his movie, and BVS seems to be Batman's movie, by 2020 Superman will have starred in 4 movies and Batman 3, I have no problem waiting for their sequels.

Let's let the "spine" relax while some other characters get some shine.

Maybe but you can't build a name brand on unproven characters build your foundation and then branch out . Those 2 are the most popular comic book characters, you can take everthing at DC and Marvel combined and they still will not have the brand recognition that Superman and Batman have.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Maybe but you can't build a name brand on unproven characters build your foundation and then branch out . Those 2 are the most popular comic book characters, you can take everthing at DC and Marvel combined and they still will not have the brand recognition that Superman and Batman have.

I agree, but I think thats the sole reason why BvS exists, then they’ll be in Justice League 1 and 2 which is where the brand recognition will really kick in.

I’m sure they will get their solo movies, but even if they didn’t, DC still seems to be building their universe around both of them.

Last edited:

I'm betting that, with Star Wars on the horizon, the space opera will cause the downfall of the superhero, followed by a resurgence in the pulp adventure genre after that, and, eventually, the triumphant return of the comic book film.

Back