Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

BNnubwL.jpg

The Busiek/Perez series was really great. If we saw one 5 years down the road or whatever, it could just wipe out all the box office records in existence.

The Busiek/Perez series was really great. If we saw one 5 years down the road or whatever, it could just wipe out all the box office records in existence.

Both Disney and WB let their characters share the screen for "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" There's got to be a way to make it happen again. Even if Spider-Man and the X-Men had to sit it out it really would be a cinematic event for the ages.

Once WB realizes it can't replicate he success of DisMarv, perhaps they'll figure out a way to loan their characters out.

Man if DC didn't have Superman and Batman they really would be nothing. If you take out Marvel's big two, which would be either Spider-Man and Wolverine or Spider-Man and Hulk you'd still have a kickass universe.

Maybe it's an issue of quality vs. quantity? I love Hulk as much as I love Superman, maybe even a bit more, but there is a gap between Supes and Bats and everybody else.

Maybe it's an issue of quality vs. quantity? I love Hulk as much as I love Superman, maybe even a bit more, but there is a gap between Supes and Bats and everybody else.

Are you saying Batman > Marvel > Superman > the rest of DC? Because I'd agree with that.

I don't know.

I think the only constant is that most people think Batman is the most popular of them all, and I agree.

But when it comes to Marvel > DC or vice versa, it depends on the character.

Spideman can be quite as popular as Batman, but Ironman and the rest of the Avengers can't even touch his level of popularity.

Iron Man and maybe Hulk are more popular than Superman, but Black Widow, Hawkeye or Thor are below.

And so on.

And Superman and Justice League comics actually sell better than X-men, Avengers and some Spiderman comics.

And Superman and Justice League comics actually sell better than X-men, Avengers and some Spiderman comics.

So few people read comics compared to watch movies that there really is no correlation between the two. Spawn was one of the top selling comics of the 90's but nobody gave a crap that a movie was made about him.

Man if DC didn't have Superman and Batman they really would be nothing. If you take out Marvel's big two, which would be either Spider-Man and Wolverine or Spider-Man and Hulk you'd still have a kickass universe.

To be fair, a lot of Marvel characters were created as a response to DC, and Marvel copied DC more often than not.

Here are ten examples, but there are a lot more. I still like Marvel as much as DC though. I just want DC/WB to make more of their less known heroes mainstream, like Disney did with Iron Man. Before the films the Avengers were a bunch of C list and B list characters, but now they are A list...even GOTG are A list now :lol

I don't know.

I think the only constant is that most people think Batman is the most popular of them all, and I agree.

But when it comes to Marvel > DC or vice versa, it depends on the character.

Spideman can be quite as popular as Batman, but Ironman and the rest of the Avengers can't even touch his level of popularity.

Iron Man and maybe Hulk are more popular than Superman, but Black Widow, Hawkeye or Thor are below.

And so on.

You're also forgetting one important factor! Era! I'm sure the most popular character of the 70s was Spidey, but it shifts according to time, the latest movie, the audience's age (teenage angst is a real plus for Bats), and, of course whether the movie is ****** or not!

You're also forgetting one important factor! Era! I'm sure the most popular character of the 70s was Spidey, but it shifts according to time, the latest movie, the audience's age (teenage angst is a real plus for Bats), and, of course whether the movie is ****** or not!

Absolutely, like I said, the only constant is Batman, I believe Batman has been the most popular character since like ever, no?

So few people read comics compared to watch movies that there really is no correlation between the two. Spawn was one of the top selling comics of the 90's but nobody gave a crap that a movie was made about him.

It all counts, comics, movies, animated movies, animated series, videogames, merchandise in general.

I wouldn't say Batman has always been more popular than Superman, because Superman has had to do the heavy lifting for DC at times in the past. Although Batman has always sold well, Superman used to keep DC relevant by carrying 5 or so titles at the same time, making them seem more competitive with Marvel.

Back