Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

That's every Hollywood movie ever made :lol Anyway, Disney will make Marvel films forever...even after the superhero film genre slows down, Disney will continue to make them.

Well, summer tentpoles and blockbusters are one thing, "serious" Oscar bait and message movies are another. Some try to blend the two together, with varying degrees of success.

Don't forget Star Wars Eps. X to XII. :lol

Well, summer tentpoles and blockbusters are one thing, "serious" Oscar bait and message movies are another. Some try to blend the two together, with varying degrees of success.

Don't forget Star Wars Eps. X to XII. :lol

Yeah, at some point Disney is going to reboot all that stuff. All Marvel films, Indiana Jones, Star Wars. It's all going to go on forever with reboots and sequels and prequels and you name it. We're just watching the beginning. When we're old, they'll be working on Marvel's phase 50 and by then Spiderman and X men will be in the Avengers fourth reboot :lol By then Marvel and Star Wars will all be one thing with a bunch of crossover films. Starlord and Han Solo must save the universe from Thanos, Dr Doom, and The Emperor Palpatine.

I think TWS was the most ambitious of all of them. Much more so than the rest of Marvel's offerings, Avengers included.

Indeed, the plot of Watchmen was also ambitious, but Vietnam and the fear of nuclear war are long gone so it wasn't relevant anymore, yet TWS's freedom vs security theme is still relevant and well, TWS was much better executed.

I think TWS was the most ambitious of all of them. Much more so than the rest of Marvel's offerings, Avengers included.

I agree- it is closest to what the best of these films should be...Avengers films are fabulously entertaining but are mass superhero fanboy get togethers, not much time to develop a character driven story (only in an artificial way)

Yeah, at some point Disney is going to reboot all that stuff. All Marvel films, Indiana Jones, Star Wars. It's all going to go on forever with reboots and sequels and prequels and you name it. We're just watching the beginning. When we're old, they'll be working on Marvel's phase 50 and by then Spiderman and X men will be in the Avengers fourth reboot :lol By then Marvel and Star Wars will all be one thing with a bunch of crossover films. Starlord and Han Solo must save the universe from Thanos, Dr Doom, and The Emperor Palpatine.

Not so sure- I think in years to come the superhero genre film will implode in popularity...just like that. They may still make them but fewer and less expensive. Musicals and westerns were once the rage and made all the money but they just dried up eventually.

Sorry the Marvel movies are not great films or "classics" like some dream that they are..
They are mass entertaiment money machines but in 15 or 20 years will be considered "pro wrestling" genre fad movies...quickly dismissed as mass hysteria...

I still love 'em!
What do you mean pro wrestling fad? Theatrical films will stop being made one day. But pro wrestling is forever.

I agree- it is closest to what the best of these films should be...Avengers films are fabulously entertaining but are mass superhero fanboy get togethers, not much time to develop a character driven story (only in an artificial way)

Avengers movies boil down to - Will members of this ragtag outfit of Type-A personalities be able to set aside their differences to accomplish a common goal, which invariably involves saving the world? Of course they'll be able to. Until they can't.

Fan made but boy does it look like an official illustration.

dawn_of_justice_by_jprart-d85mie6.jpg

I like that a lot, too bad anything WB will put out for promo stuff won't even be on par.

Too bright and optimistic for the Snyderverse I'm afraid. Make that yellow light blood red, and give Supes a look of almost suicidal desperation, and I can see it.

I like that a lot, too bad anything WB will put out for promo stuff won't even be on par.
Well, some posters for MoS were pretty cool looking.

Even in that awesome poster, Gal Gadot still looks out of place next to Batman and Superman :gah: Batman and Superman look amazing though :rock2
I think she fits right in.

Too bright and optimistic for the Snyderverse I'm afraid. Make that yellow light blood red, and give Supes a look of almost suicidal desperation, and I can see it.
heh

Back