Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

No matter what happens with the film or how he's used as a character, no one can ever say the dude doesn't look like Superman. I'm starting to think he looks more like Superman than CR :panic:

:horror :horror :horror

image.jpg

Regardless of what people thought or think of Man of Steel, I do think Cavill was a fantastic Superman. The film wasn't perfect, although I do really like it, but I think Cavill was excellent. Christopher Reeve was perfect, Henry Cavill was excellent.

Reeve is a tough act to follow but I think Cavill did a fantastic job. The problems with Man of Steel for me were in the writing and the pacing. I also didn't like Amy Adams at all, she always sounded so timid and didn't come across as the aggressive reporter she was supposed to be. But Cavill did a great job with what he had.

Reeve is a tough act to follow but I think Cavill did a fantastic job. The problems with Man of Steel for me were in the writing and the pacing. I also didn't like Amy Adams at all, she always sounded so timid and didn't come across as the aggressive reporter she was supposed to be. But Cavill did a great job with what he had.

Yup, Amy Adams is a great actress but she was terrible in MOS. Cavill has a lot of potential but Snyder usually doesn’t bring out the best in his actors, I hope that changes for BvS.

Awesome pictures pturtle!

Yeah, I didn't enjoy her portrayal at all, unfortunately. I really hope this movie is good and has some good character development. Henry Cavill is such an awesome guy and really embodies Superman. He's extremely nice to everyone on set and all the good things you hear about him are true.

Do you guys think his, "Don't do it," was better than Reeves? I really like the first Superman movie, but I just thought everything went down hill in the sequel.

Awesome pictures pturtle!

Yeah, I didn't enjoy her portrayal at all, unfortunately. I really hope this movie is good and has some good character development. Henry Cavill is such an awesome guy and really embodies Superman. He's extremely nice to everyone on set and all the good things you hear about him are true. He signed my copy of the Dark Knight Returns a couple weeks ago. I feel kind of bad, since what goes down in that story!

Do you guys think his, "Don't do it," was better than Reeves? I really like the first Superman movie, but I just thought everything went down hill in the sequel.

Cavill’s delivery was much better for sure :lol

I was never a fan of the comedic, less serious tone of Superman 2, but The Donner Cut I love, I wish Donner would have been able to finish what he started.

I think under a better director Cavill could really shine, he has the voice, look, and mannerisms down for sure, but he didn’t really have any truly standout scenes that didn’t involve action in my opinion.

Last edited:

@pturtle I completely agree with you. The reason I enjoyed the movie was in a response to Superman 2. I never watched Superman 3 and 4, but I don't think it could get worse for me. It made me hate Superman, but thanks to Bruce Timm's Superman, it made me like him again. Although, I think his Justice League portrayal made me dislike him a bit! I don't know if it was the writing or the characters around him, showed his strength as a character. In regards to Zach Snyder, he is a super nice guy, but I don't think any of his movies are good. Watchmen was so disappointing. As a fan of the comic it was neat to see certain panels on screen, but that didn't make it a good movie.

EDIT: Oh sorry, my intention isn't to start an argument. Superman the Movie is in my top 5 superhero movies! It's just the sequel, I'm not a fan of.

Just realized why Meh-o-Steel's S stands for hope and his colours are all darkened...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I can't really argue with that! :) Rorschach and the intro were enjoyable.

Back