Bertie 12" Robots $299 each

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone is out to make a buck. As long as I can break even, I don't mind selling. Bad thing is I always seem to pay top dollar for figs then I open them and there goes any chance of breaking even...lol.

I've got a lot of free time this weekend so I hope to spend some time getting some photos. I still haven't figured out where I'm going to keep my Bertie's. They are currently clustered up on my desk.

Well you opening your figs ensures us you can't sell them so easy and so we still have you as a member of the AW Fanatics! :D

That was Nikejerk not ennui!:D

I think ennui wanted one and me also!:(

I would actually prefer to get a Noir, I like his darker side best! ;) :D

Oh and btw, I posted this one the Spawn Board too, a crappy ZvR drawing I did yesterday;

DirtyBertyDrawing.jpg

drawing needs more details but looks good. Perhaps dark shades in the background or add the orange tint.

Hi folks

I'm new to this forum but wanted to register and stop in to share in the 3A love-fest. I've currently got DD Berite, Les Mort, Noir de Plume, and DP Bramble standing above my drawing table and can't wait to add more to the family.

Like everyone else I'm intrigued by the Blanc prospects. I wonder, if it is based on orders through Bambaland, if this will take into account anyone who ordered with their old account at the old Bambaland store when Bertie was released (I changed my email address when registering at the new site).

Anyway, best of luck for everyone with it all :)

Matt
www.lonelymonsters.blogspot.com
www.lonelymonsters.cartfly.com

hey man, if you make a big print of this I would be interested.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wrhdk2fIIzo/SQ6C4ZHNl6I/AAAAAAAAAb0/q2zlxCLH3tE/s1600-h/hunt.jpg

Yeah it is a damn shame that some of us missed Noir, I love that fig, especially seeing those stupid prices people are asking on ebay. A friend of mine wanted to buy them from someone and he offered 800 bucks for Nom de Plume and Noir de Plume and the seller turned him down! Incredible.....

I missed Nom because I had no idea he existed. :eek: And I missed Noir because I was too late somehow, they totally screwed up the time he went online on my side of the world.
I can't agree with you guys more. I hate that a lot of us real dedicated fans missed out on Nom and Noir because of flippers. It really sickens me that people try to make a profit of their own off the hobbies of others. Back at the KR forums some guy was trying to get rid of his Noir for ~$400 and NikeJerk and I let him have it real good. I certainly wasn't as nice as I could have been, myself, but it really gets under my skin. Of course, it's the people paying $600 a figure that allow the flippers to charge so much.

The worst part is that I'm one of those collectors who would gladly pay US$1200 for that Nom + Noir combo if I had the extra money to drop on it! As it is I'm selling drugs so I can afford a set of TKs (disclaimer: I am joking. I do not condone drug dealing)!

I really want all the Plumes (my favourite 12" figure to date, I just love his design!) but I would settle for any of them. Not that I'd ever stop trying to collect them, though. :cool:
I'd like to see your pics of Bramble definitely! ;)
I will try to get it done soon! And because of your name I have to ask: You a big collector of the Spawn toys back in the day, or just the comics? I used to love them but stopped a long time ago when I was jobless, but I still have a bunch of the earlier series in a big television box... Still stored away from two moves ago 'cause I've not had houses with room for displaying yet :doh

ennui: Hey hows it going bud!:)
Good! Funny we both show up when Siona and SpawnFan tell us about this place :) Anyone else follow us to the dark side?
I started way back collecting Brotherfree,Eric So, Michael Lau, Jason Sui figures etc etc.
You should post your Brotherfree pics here! That really was a great collection. They made some great quality figures.
That was Nikejerk not ennui!

I think ennui wanted one and me also!:(
Absolutely true! NikeJerk off the KR boards wasn't feeling Nom so he sold the figure to a board member at retail. That was real awesome of him. I wouldn't be so kind... because I'd be keeping my NOM if I got one! :lol He and I do share the same ethics, though, from what I have noticed and I think it's great of him to have done that.

But yeah, I'm a huge supporter of selling at the price you paid. If someone paid $400 for a Nom I would be more understanding of him charging the same were he to resell it, but I just can't get over these people who charge an arm and a leg for a 3" toy they got for ~$10 (for example) :pow

Sorry if my posts are long and I quote a lot, the best conversations seem to happen when I'm not at home :)

Last edited:
I will try to get it done soon! And because of your name I have to ask: You a big collector of the Spawn toys back in the day? I used to love them but stopped a long time ago when I was jobless, but I still have a bunch of the earlier series in a big television box... Still stored away from two moves ago 'cause I've not had houses with room for displaying yet :doh

Yeah I used to be a big Spawn fan, still am but less then what I used to be, and I collected and still have all the old figures. I also have two of those RAH Spawn figures.

Yeah I used to be a big Spawn fan, still am but less then what I used to be, and I collected and still have all the old figures. I also have two of those RAH Spawn figures.
Cool! Have any pics of your collection? I had a few random figures from Series 2-8 and then most of the Manga Spawn I + II and Curse of Spawn series. And then I started slowing down again around the Dark Ages and the Classic seres. Cyber Spawn (of the Techno series) is still one of my favourite McFarlane figures, though I didn't really like the rest of that series. I haven't read the comics in ages either... I saw some information in Wizard on Issue 185 and it really made me want to pick up the comics again.

They're still doing some amazing work, but nothing near the quality of Ashley Woods figures (back on topic! :lol)

So what releases do we know we have to look forward to?
  • Tomorrow Kings (5 variants to complete a "set")
  • BLANC de PLUME (special Ashley Wood gift)
  • 3A Associates (with specials including an exclusive figure)
  • Bamba (possibly the 3AA exclusive)
  • Bramble Euro Defense
  • Bramble MERC
  • Large Martin (!)
  • female figure(s) (Amazons?)
  • zombies

Wow... Am I missing anything?

2673215969_7cda9a2e38_o.jpg

Pop looks too small :p.
Considering Ashley's using the same arms, and it looks like it would keep the scale real well compared to the 12" humans, Popbot is going to look ^^^^ing fantastic (He already said we'd get some Popbot characters, so how could he leave out the Popbot himself?). His tall and lanky frame would look great in contrast as he stands above the WWRs. :D

Last edited:
I can't agree with you guys more. I hate that a lot of us real dedicated fans missed out on Nom and Noir because of flippers. It really sickens me that people try to make a profit of their own off the hobbies of others. Back at the KR forums some guy was trying to get rid of his Noir for ~$400 and NikeJerk and I let him have it real good. I certainly wasn't as nice as I could have been, myself, but it really gets under my skin. Of course, it's the people paying $600 a figure that allow the flippers to charge so much.

The worst part is that I'm one of those collectors who would gladly pay US$1200 for that Nom + Noir combo if I had the extra money to drop on it! As it is I'm selling drugs so I can afford a set of TKs (disclaimer: I am joking. I do not condone drug dealing)!

I really want all the Plumes (my favourite 12" figure to date, I just love his design!) but I would settle for any of them. Not that I'd ever stop trying to collect them, though. :cool:

I will try to get it done soon! And because of your name I have to ask: You a big collector of the Spawn toys back in the day, or just the comics? I used to love them but stopped a long time ago when I was jobless, but I still have a bunch of the earlier series in a big television box... Still stored away from two moves ago 'cause I've not had houses with room for displaying yet :doh

Good! Funny we both show up when Siona and SpawnFan tell us about this place :) Anyone else follow us to the dark side?

You should post your Brotherfree pics here! That really was a great collection. They made some great quality figures.

Absolutely true! NikeJerk off the KR boards wasn't feeling Nom so he sold the figure to a board member at retail. That was real awesome of him. I wouldn't be so kind... because I'd be keeping my NOM if I got one! :lol He and I do share the same ethics, though, from what I have noticed and I think it's great of him to have done that.

But yeah, I'm a huge supporter of selling at the price you paid. If someone paid $400 for a Nom I would be more understanding of him charging the same were he to resell it, but I just can't get over these people who charge an arm and a leg for a 3" toy they got for ~$10 (for example) :pow

Sorry if my posts are long and I quote a lot, the best conversations seem to happen when I'm not at home :)

I hear you on everything you said!:rock2

As for my old collection of my Brothersfree 1/6th here you go!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dragondavy/sets/72157607829113762/
They are on the bottom!

^^ Thanks bud!!:D

Yeah, I love taking my Ash figures and also my other vinyl and playing outdoor with them by taking pic's!

Now with a 2.5 year old little girl, its tuff at times.
But she is going to start school next year and then I will start playing again. :chew
^^^^
Love that Chewy icon!!lol

Also gotta get a better digi to play with!:banghead

Last edited:
Bramble Euro Div. is now called Bramble Euro Defense and bamba lad is probably the special fig for the 3AA club.

And my collection is linked to in my sig. ;)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33269

Edit: And you should pick up issue 185, they are re-imagining the comic from that point on. Perfect point to get back into Spawn.

Fixed my List. And, commented on your collection thread.

And, I think I just may pick up Issue 185. That re-imagining and the return of McFarlane and Portacio is exactly what the interview was about that perked my interests. Love the cover art too (it has sadly been a while since I've said that about a Spawn comic)!

Those are definitely great pics Davy. I hadn't seen some of them :)

And here's a little resizing study I did of Siona's photo (hope you don't mind) to speculate how tall Popbot may be next to the Berties.

I tried to best match a potential size between Popbot's arms and Bertie's arms.
And then I ignored the base that Popbot is on and tried to level him with the Berties as though he were standing on the same floor at the same level they are (though, including their bases).

26732159697cda9a2e38ocoby7.jpg

I think it came out reasonably well... I would love to see a Popbot near that tall :D

Last edited:
Sweet Congrats^^ Yeah, post some, I would love to see pic's!:joy

I wish I had one, anyone!!

Thanks again ennui & Spawnfan!:)

Back