*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great post.

I was seriously offended by this movie and physically cringed with the disgusting, disrespectful and unimaginative call backs plus with the bastard marriage amalgamation of good lore with bad lore it was like nails on a chalkboard for me.

But there were parts of the movie that were very well done so I get why its getting the praise its getting but I can’t sign off on this movie due to the lack of courage by the filmmakers to create its own identity vs raping the corpse of what came before.

Shame on them.

Plus the characters were meh.

Kids pfft

I didn’t buy into their existence and the paths that were open for them to proceed forward.

Xenobore

But no reason not to listen to those who enjoyed it they have good input to provide.

The production…yes absolutely.

The marriage of Alien and Blade Runner, sure why not.

The atmosphere…definitely.

The high energy face huggers…absolutely.

The Alien design…for sure.

The destructive, despicable, irritating, irrational, embarrassing, cringe worthy call backs and bad lore usage…..**** NO!

Deadpool did exactly the same.
your original review of Deadpool was correct.
you were correct at first.

it was exactly the same. Deadpool just happens to look at the camera and go "ISN'T THIS FUNNY EVERYONE HEHEHE"

why is Deadpool praised for cringey callbacks and alien doesn't get a pass?

it was exactly the same. Deadpool just happens to look at the camera and go "ISN'T THIS FUNNY EVERYONE HEHEHE"

I think most people expected and wanted the callbacks in Deadpool. Not so much in Romulus.

I'd have a hard time ranking this. I think its better than Resurrection, but that movie is just so bad. Is this the 5th standalone Alien movie? Covenant and Prometheus are like their own weird world, I barely count them as actual Alien movies but I guess they are.

A L I E N
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Alien Covenant
Alien Romulus

If you add AVP movies in, it becomes even harder. More trash to sift through.

When you get right down to it, Romulus might be the 4th best Alien movie (not counting Prometheus and Covenant). A bit like saying AOTC is the 6th best Star Wars movie.

Deadpool is a comedy action movie based on cringey jokes and meta references from movie 1. The ain't rocket science.

You have a generation or two raised on Simpsons and South Park... they don't know what to make of anything that is not self-referential, so you end up with callbacks driving the MCU, regurgitated franchises and most animated kids movies, and things like The Lego Movie, and Deadpool as the #1 R-rated movie, and TV shows that are half callbacks, half reboot. They call it "branding".

Aliens
Alien
Prometheus
Alien Romulus

Alien 3
Alien Covenant
Alien Resurrection

Alien 3 as a standalone movie is decent. As a sequel to Aliens, it's terrible. Similar for Covenant.

Slendermorph

alien-romulus 2.jpg

Aliens
Alien
Prometheus
Alien Romulus

Alien 3
Alien Covenant
Alien Resurrection

Alien 3 as a standalone movie is decent. As a sequel to Aliens, it's terrible. Similar for Covenant.
Opening night Alien 3 I almost walked out and that was just after the beginning!!

What happen to you at Batman Returns?
I’m trying to remember if I walked out of Alien 3 it’s possible lol

Other than Catwoman Batman Returns was a huge disappointment to me due to what I thought was a silly Tim Burton Penguin and boring Max villain.

I’ve grown to appreciate BR but I still prefer 89 warts and all and boy does 89 have warts.

Back