*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe you enjoyed it... but OK for you. 3rd is not doing too much damage to the line-up, since there's only TWO great alien movies.

But poor David Fincher will never forgive you.

I’ve never watched the newest Assembly cut either.

I get confused which assembly cut had the actors return for additional ADR and the color timing updated on the deleted scenes to match the theatrical print.

I can't believe you enjoyed it... but OK for you. 3rd is not doing too much damage to the line-up, since there's only TWO great alien movies.

Well if this is a love it or hate it film then my A24 comparison becomes all the more accurate, lol.

I’ve never watched the newest Assembly cut either.

I get confused which assembly cut had the actors return for additional ADR and the color timing updated on the deleted scenes to match the theatrical print.
If you're talking about Alien 3 then the extended cut on the most recent blu-ray is very good. I was such a diehard fan I even had the original ORIGINAL work print on VHS (with no music and just the on-set sound effects and dialogue) that I bought in some back alley back in the 90's, lol. There's some parts of the work print I prefer that I wish had made it to the latest cut but since the new cut is actually finished I'd say that's the best overall version of the movie.

Like others have said if you can let go of the fact that it screws up the end of ALIENS then I do find it to be a very well done film.

No, Romulus has some good stuff. The atmosphere, the sounds (granted most are callbacks), some eerie sets, some scary shots. Andy was mostly used well. I enjoyed the first 40 minutes or so.

But there's just way more junk, for me. It got to be too much. Became a video game. And over-stuffed with everything I've already seen.

The one thing I was looking forward to -- the stage between chestbuster and full alien -- didn't even make biological sense and wasn't very cool or scary. It was just another egg essentially. Missed opportunity for a new alien-stage design.

Crushing disappointment?

1723933980163.gif

I think most people expected and wanted the callbacks in Deadpool. Not so much in Romulus.

so the problem was the trailer?

this movie is like a new The Force Awakens,
because that was another remember berries extravaganza.

so could you guys have liked this alien movie more if the trailers showed you ash and the other remember berries? just like the force awakens did. lol.

Ghostbusters afterlife

Spider-Man no way home

I'm not saying this movie is great, but this movie follows the exact same set up as force awakens and Jurassic world. and Deadpool wolverine. Ghostbusters afterlife and Spider-Man no way home

this movie is just following in those footsteps.
force awakens was worse than this. it was like a literal remake of a new hope.

( I don't have any attitude towards you guys,
my tone is not towards you guys or anyone in here lol.
I'm not like upset or anything, I'm just posting my silly opinions, I don't mean to sound like I have a tone or attitude.)

but. either nostalgia "remember berries" are bad or not.
because force awakens and Jurassic world and Deadpool made 1 billion with all that nostalgia. yes or yes?
Spider-Man 1 billion.

member? I member

so the problem was the trailer?

this movie is like a new The Force Awakens,
because that was another remember berries extravaganza.

so could you guys have liked this alien movie more if the trailers showed you ash and the other remember berries? just like the force awakens did. lol.

Ghostbusters afterlife

Spider-Man no way home

I'm not saying this movie is great, but this movie follows the exact same set up as force awakens and Jurassic world. and Deadpool wolverine. Ghostbusters afterlife and Spider-Man no way home

this movie is just following in those footsteps.
force awakens was worse than this. it was like a literal remake of a new hope.

( I don't have any attitude towards you guys,
my tone is not towards you guys or anyone in here lol.
I'm not like upset or anything, I'm just posting my silly opinions, I don't mean to sound like I have a tone or attitude.)

but. either nostalgia "remember berries" are bad or not.
because force awakens and Jurassic world and Deadpool made 1 billion with all that nostalgia. yes or yes?
Spider-Man 1 billion.

member? I member
We would never be upset with you crows…opine away!

Back