*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor-Gar's "lovely chart" for reference:

View attachment 721160

:)

Also,
Blade Runner: 2019
Blade Runner 2049: 2049

Although, I'd probably only add Blade Runner to the Ridley Scott canon. He seems interested in world building but never cared too much for lore, given all of the inconsistencies in Prometheus and Convenant :unsure:

Both look perfectly fine on the big screen.
I would agree with fine. Yes the FX of Rook could be better and the Slendermorph isn't what I wanted but they work in the movie for what it's trying to achieve.

Maybe one thing we aren't taking into account is how many times we have seen a deceased actor have a sizeable speaking role in a movie. Other than Tarkin in Rogue One with a near $300m budget?
Ghostbusters/Flash the roles are of different sizes but none of them spoke.

It's a shame, because unlike with RO I thought they did a great job capturing Ian Holm's likeness and making him look like he was physically really there... but the awful lip syncing and weird jerky head movements just completely ruined the illusion for me.
Just chalk it up to him being broken and malfunctioning.

It's a shame, because unlike with RO I thought they did a great job capturing Ian Holm's likeness and making him look like he was physically really there... but the awful lip syncing and weird jerky head movements just completely ruined the illusion for me.
The syncing and the placement of the mouth. It looked too low on his face at times.
So was Rain Ripley’s daughter!

:chase
At the moment Alien Isolation is canon so I would say no.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/al...solation-game-canon-making-timeline-sinister/

Just chalk it up to him being broken and malfunctioning.
thats how i kinda interpreted it. with him being damaged, the uncanny valley worked in its favor for me. at first it bothered me but the more I saw him, It didn't bother me anymore

I still think it would've felt the same if it wasn't another ash model, but I guess it was intentional since it makes people quickly assume rook is the antagonist outside of the xenos

I want Xenomorphs in Star Wars ...
I almost feel sorry for the Xeno in that photoshop, the way that Rose is so dismissive of it :cry:
90u6k7.gif

Without fail, in any given Alien thread, people dump on Aliens for 'the bug thing' - and like as though it's the first time it's ever been said. Aliens is criticized more than Alien Resurrection, which is utterly ridiculous to me. :lol
The only reason Aliens is more (often) criticized is because it's still a relevant movie that people actually talk about. I read an article only yesterday where the movie Psycho was called out for being "highly overrated". In both these cases I'd say bad publicity is still good publicity...

Romulus is basically a Haunted Mansion of Ridley's Alien World -- there's goo, facehuggers, chestbursters, aliens, hives, hybrids... everything but a Queen.... and that Manta-snake from Prometheus.
No Manta Snakes, no business...

if aliens never existed and the alien sequel was like the first alien then all the sequels will look like Halloween or Friday the 13th because James Cameron made it an action movie with a lot of aliens in aliens

but if you never had aliens with James Cameron you will just have Michael Myers in space because the alien is Michael Myers so every single alien sequel will just be a space Michael Myers I mean that's how it will be

which is what alien 3 did they literally made another space Michael Myers movie and everybody hated it it was really bad received everybody hated that movie and then it did the same thing as alien
Crows, Where's the AI Myers-mask Xeno?...

eh he's ok. I Love Tdk and it's my favorite Batman movie of all time but when he did the dark knight it was clear that he was only decent. That movie was absolutly terrible imo. I ignore it all together. I understand he wanted his batman to be "realistic" but that movie was to "realistic".
Judging Nolan's skills based on The Dark Night trilogy is like judging George Lucas based on Howard The Duck...

The only reason Aliens is more (often) criticized is because it's still a relevant movie that people actually talk about. I read an article only yesterday where the movie Psycho was called out for being "highly overrated". In both these cases I'd say bad publicity is still good publicity...
Batman v Superman for the win!

Back