**BEWARE SPOILERS** Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do make some... long posts.

long-man.gif

Bussy?

fNcogLRu_400x400.jpg

Mordo is the Sorcerer Supreme of that reality, so he's taking Strange's place from the comics. I assume Xavier comes in with his gold 90s hoverchair and is in the middle. According to previous leaks, Balder, Rambeau and maybe Captain Carter are in it. I think we're looking at 7 people, basically the Hickman starting lineup with some changes.
  • Mordo (Strange)
  • Rambeau (Captain America)
  • Xavier (Beast)
  • Reed
  • Tony
  • Balder (Namor)
  • Black Bolt, maybe?
I honestly don't know at this point. It makes no sense to have Peggy in it. She's just a super-soldier, not a Multiversal Protector like comic accurate Captain Britain is. And Rambeau already fills the "Military Authority" role. I doubt Panther will be in it because they're still not over the Boseman situation and Namor's getting his proper debut later in BP2.

You've got a point with the person on the left having chest decorations. It could be Reed and that being the black collar of the uniform. The person on the right looks to wear some sort of hood, but I can't think of anyone like that. Maybe it's long hair and it's actually Captain Carter? That'd be pretty lame. The whole point of the Illuminati was that they were THE top dogs. Even Cap was written out of the Hickman run in a couple of issues and wasn't even in the first incarnation. It's supposed to be supergeniuses and world leaders, not randos. Even Rambeau is pushing it. They should've had an AU Black Panther Shuri in her place, it'd have fit more.

It could all be shopped/unused shots to throw us off, and the final product could look much different. Who knows?

I'm trying not to set myself up for dissapointment so I'm not speculating much. I'm just hoping for Reed & Iron Cruise as per rumours, next to the now basically confirmed Xavier, and hoping the rest of the members are cool and include some surprises.

This film is going to take a heavy toll on my wallet...
Agreed. My only counter to that is the What If...? show. Why recruit Cap Carter, BW, Gamora, Killmonger, Party Thor, Star Lord T'Chaka to kill the multiverse's greatest threat in Ultron Vision?

I hope they stick to their guns in the greatest minds and guns for the group. All known to have to make the greater good choice when it comes to it.

Mordo seems more personal if it is is same Mordo that left Strange in DS1. I'd rather he not be a AU variant, but somehow found some friends that also wish to stop breakers of natural law.

Agreed. My only counter to that is the What If...? show. Why recruit Cap Carter, BW, Gamora, Killmonger, Party Thor, Star Lord T'Chaka to kill the multiverse's greatest threat in Ultron Vision?

I hope they stick to their guns in the greatest minds and guns for the group. All known to have to make the greater good choice when it comes to it.

Mordo seems more personal if it is is same Mordo that left Strange in DS1. I'd rather he not be a AU variant, but somehow found some friends that also wish to stop breakers of natural law.
What If was just killing time and seeing what sticks. None of those characters will have any actual impact. Carter caught on so I think they'll add her in some small capacity.

As for Mordo, he's an AU. The Mordo from DS1 will get offed by Wanda according to leaks. At least this time he's got a much better design. The beard and dreads work well, as do the robes.

FIW0T4HWYAU45s9

I still wish he was Voodoo, but whatever. We have 0 info on his background or what makes him "Mordo", and I doubt we ever will. Still, he's a cool character in a vacuum and Ejiofor's always great. If I was more free with money I could see myself getting an HT of him too, should it happen, but I'm too tight with everything that's coming out. Wizard Robes are goddamn great though. It's why I'm dissapointed Fate looks so basic in Black Adam.

Just from the color of those Iron Man bots, we are totally getting a Superior Iron Cruise. Pretty much the exact same color as Superior Iron Man and that is no coincidence. Thigh plates are exactly the same.

clean.jpg
Screenshot 2022-02-16 124405.jpg

Last edited:
Just from the color of those Iron Man bots, we are totally getting a Superior Iron Cruise. Pretty much the exact same color as Superior Iron Man and that is no coincidence. Thigh plates are exactly the same.

clean.jpg
View attachment 562907
I've been a Superony fan ever since I pulled the issues. It was so much better than the Overcompensating Octopus (at first it was fun but by God was I tired of him by the end; if there's one Superior that's Stark), but sadly it was cut short. At least we got some nice panels from Hickman later through his (New) Avengers.

main-qimg-d917b3ac4981960fd7e5a5be4c73bf1b-c

Still, I look back fondly on that Tony. The story had potential and it was an interesting angle. The hedonistic aspect was already showing cracks and even as a dick he still had restraints and was acting logically. I just really digged that in general. There was more to do with him.

547787682f13d2bfc366fe687eb2add0.jpg

I'd PO that figure faster than Superony could have an orgy...

tumblr_nnkqtbda0v1qhvcf6o1_500.jpg

I've been a Superony fan ever since I pulled the issues. It was so much better than the Overcompensating Octopus (at first it was fun but by God was I tired of him by the end; if there's one Superior that's Stark), but sadly it was cut short. At least we got some nice panels from Hickman later through his (New) Avengers.

main-qimg-d917b3ac4981960fd7e5a5be4c73bf1b-c

Still, I look back fondly on that Tony. The story had potential and it was an interesting angle. The hedonistic aspect was already showing cracks and even as a dick he still had restraints and was acting logically. I just really digged that in general. There was more to do with him.

547787682f13d2bfc366fe687eb2add0.jpg

I'd PO that figure faster than Superony could have an orgy...

tumblr_nnkqtbda0v1qhvcf6o1_500.jpg
I like to think back to the AoU quote of Tony wanting to cover the world in armor. I like to think this is the angle they are playing with. Not sure if Cruise wants to be a total d Iron Man, just an overly confident Stark that got things done the way he wanted them done.

They could certainly be introducing a Black Bolt or a new Reed to pave the way forward. Namor just makes a ton of sense with BP2 coming up and perhaps something Thor related like Baldur. Ms Marvel/Marvels might have Inhumans in it so maybe there is something in the future for that.

I just wonder what world Defender Strange is coming from.

I like to think back to the AoU quote of Tony wanting to cover the world in armor. I like to think this is the angle they are playing with. Not sure if Cruise wants to be a total d Iron Man, just an overly confident Stark that got things done the way he wanted them done.
Cruise likes playing fine fellows, but I think he'd only sign up if he was really a Superior Stark compared to RDJ's. More powerful, more accomplished, and so on. Which I have no problem with, RDJ's got too soft and weepy. We could use Chad Stark.

They could certainly be introducing a Black Bolt or a new Reed to pave the way forward. Namor just makes a ton of sense with BP2 coming up and perhaps something Thor related like Baldur. Ms Marvel/Marvels might have Inhumans in it so maybe there is something in the future for that.
I doubt Namor's gonna be in it before his big debut, it'd be too confusing. This Illuminati is a way to do some fun callbacks and test the waters. I imagine we might get a "proper" Illuminati in the main MCU reality down the line with "our" Strange, Xavier and the such.

I just wonder what world Defender Strange is coming from.
Just a random one to set the stage I assume. I think the swerve is that we're meant to think the Strange from Mordo's reality is the Sinister Strange, but it'll be a Strange that died, hence the statue, and Sinister Strange is something else.

I doubt Namor's gonna be in it before his big debut, it'd be too confusing. This Illuminati is a way to do some fun callbacks and test the waters. I imagine we might get a "proper" Illuminati in the main MCU reality down the line with "our" Strange, Xavier and the such.
But who from previous movies will fit the bill who is super intelligent and or uber super powered?
What we can put together,

Iron Cruise
Xavier
Captain Rambeau
Mordo

All 4 super powerful. Ioan's Reed could possibly be another one. Captain Carter could round it out. That roster could be more along the lines of an Illuminati/Avengers merger.

But who from previous movies will fit the bill who is super intelligent and or uber super powered?
What we can put together,

Iron Cruise
Xavier
Captain Rambeau
Mordo

All 4 super powerful. Ioan's Reed could possibly be another one. Captain Carter could round it out. That roster could be more along the lines of an Illuminati/Avengers merger.
Rumor has it Campbell cameos as Balder to cover the Black Bolt/Namor/Black Panther role. I guess they could have a Peggy who's a proper Captain Britain and thus a Universal Protector, but with Rambeau there it's redundant, as the latter's not a supergenius, or world leader, or... I still say they should've used a Black Panther Shuri for their BIPOC representation. Rambeau's completely random. Mordo makes sense, and Shuri would've made sense too, but... It pisses me off when a group called the Illuminati has random soldiers in there instead of the world's supergeniuses and world leaders only.

I'm hoping for Gruffudd Reed, especially so that they could maybe bring him back again when they do the Council Of Reeds.

ff570_24.jpg

I can't wait for Luthor Reed & Nazi Reed (I'm not kidding, guy with the beard is literally UltraNazi Reed with Doom's brain grafted onto him) to get their figures!

Then they could bring in Miles Teller as the Maker and Kate Mara as Fem!Kang.

Kang-Maker-Reed-Richards-Marvel-Comics.jpg

Last edited:
That cameo revolving door must spinning fast over at those reported last minute secret reshoots.

Ain’t no agents knocking on the door of Scorcese for Irish Man 2 that’s for certain everyone with a name wants some of that MCU money I bet actors are paying Marvel to be casted lol

it is very telling that no one has even mentioned america chavez not even once,
nobody cares, no one is saying anything. completely ignored

Back