1/6 Blackbox Toys BLADE RUNNER JOI 2.0 1/6 Figure Guess Me Series BBT9018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forgot to share this, but they did end up putting pre-orders up and the full thing was $1400! but it is beautiful, absolutely the best joi figure out there

I think my only complaint with this one is that the skirt seems super basic compared to the detailed ones in the movie, but I absolutely love 2049 and still needed to have this.
Plus, the top heavy deposit will make it sting a lot less once it comes time to pay the balance! :monkey3

I think my only complaint with this one is that the skirt seems super basic compared to the detailed ones in the movie, but I absolutely love 2049 and still needed to have this.
Plus, the top heavy deposit will make it sting a lot less once it comes time to pay the balance! :monkey3
Yeah that kinda bothered me as well. For the price I would have expected a better looking skirt than we got with the Blackbox figure.

Blade-Runner-2049-1240.jpg

Recently picked this figure up, like the rest of the general comments, it does have some jank to it but I dig it for it's unique factor. I did do a body swap on her almost immediately and used the Pop Toys Xing 1/6 92006A "Suntan" body with the small bust. Proportions look a lot better after doing the swap. Her raincoat came very foggy out of the box but a little bit of alcohol and some wipes seemed to have cleared it up after wiping the inside and outside down.
I am looking at replacing the head sculpt and attempting to 3D print my own version, time will tell if I ever finish that.

X9CgB6V.jpg

LJ6ziB6.jpg
Able to pick this up for a decent price. Thoughts on it now? Body swap looks to be the recommended to remove jank.

Able to pick this up for a decent price. Thoughts on it now? Body swap looks to be the recommended to remove jank.

Body swap is a must I think. Otherwise the figure is perfectly fine, would love to get a more accurate headsculpt for her which I'm trying to slowly work on but it's a neat Blade Runner display figure.

Finished setting up Joi 2.0.

I wound electrical tape around her upper torso to strap the breasts down. It's not perfect but it works, especially under the coat.

I pulled the ankle pegs out to shorten her, and pushed the legs as far into the boots as they'd go.

Convinced that the 2.0 sculpts were smaller than the 1.0s, I swapped them over.

So this Joi 1.0 on the left with the 2.0 sculpt, and Joi 2.0 on the right with the 1.0 sculpt:

51278338311_774a0faf27_o.jpg

Joi 2.0 sculpt:

51278505938_d27492a387_z.jpg

Joi 1.0 sculpt:

51279058429_02e0cabb46_z.jpg

Suffice to say both sculpts look much better at their actual size rather than enlarged so much, and the difference in expression/appearance between them in hand is actually quite remarkable.

Seeing them together I prefer the wider eyed 1.0. The eyes and lower eyelids on the 2.0 transforms the face so much that it's reminding me much more of Maisie Williams than Ana de Armas.

A comparison of the blue haired sculpts, which I'll probably never use:

1.0:

51279358960_2bd9d72299_z.jpg

2.0:

51278505958_f52e3263ba_z.jpg

To sum up, after seeing them together I think the only thing I prefer on the 2.0 is the coat.

The 2.0 body is slim across the shoulders and in the limbs. I prefer the Xing I used for the 1.0 as it looks closer to Ana's proportions, especially with the thicker thighs and wider hips.

I also prefer the proportions of the 1.0 boots being slightly shorter, and fuller. The narrowness of the 2.0 serves to accentuate the long, slim legs.

I'm trying to find best between the figures to make the 'ultimate' Joi, so next I'll try the 2.0 coat on the 1.0, and swap the heads back.

Thoughts on this now? Found it for a decent price and tempted :)

Thoughts on this now? Found it for a decent price and tempted :)

Run away.gif

Neither 1.0 nor 2.0 are very good.

The best thing about the 2.0 is that the coat is better tailored, and that's the only thing I used to put on the 1.0. (The 1.0 is necessarily too short because the sculpt is so small).

Back