Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

Yeah, so I think I've watched this trailer at least 50 times.

The last burst of Vangelis' music is so awesome. Need figures from this and the original next year. Hopefully WB can sort out the rights. It's the definition of Grail in collecting.

So I guess this means that Deckard was not a replicant?

Well, they never said Replicants didn't age, only that they had a four year life-span.
If Rachael was an advanced model with memory implants (and Deckard as well), maybe both had no limit on their life-spans...

#1 most anticipated for me in 2017 ABOVE Ep VIII by a mile...

Even after watching it you'll have no idea. :lol

I think that's kind of the point. For me, I always think that Deckard was human, and the point of it was that at the end Roy Batty was in some ways more human than Deckard.

Well, they never said Replicants didn't age, only that they had a four year life-span.
If Rachael was an advanced model with memory implants (and Deckard as well), maybe both had no limit on their life-spans...

Well, in the movie the four year lifespan is built into them. Maybe it could be simply not included as part of their base genome?

Maybe we should re name thread title

Bladerunner 2049

Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

Me too - Was about to write that... goosebumps and wet eyes every time. It's just so perfect.... I haven't been looking forward to any movie as much as this one for a very long time. So many of my favorite franchises have movies coming out this year: Alien, Planet of the Apes, Star Wars, but nothing comes close to this. My favorite IP and my favorite director Denis Villeneuve. [emoji23]
And about the teaser. It's perfect as it doesn't give much away and doesn't spoil anything. It doesn't give the internet ammo to tear it apart and strangle the excitement. And still it totally nails the feeling of Blade Runner without looking like a rehash.

Leto = Batty
Batista = Leon
Robin Wright = Zhora
Mackenzie Davis = Pris

Shaping up that way, isn't it?

Mackenzie is the perfect Pris 2.0 though.

1mdavismain.jpg

Robin Wright might be the new female-version Tyrell.

I thought she was great in the Martian; really livened up a nothing role..

I'm more interested in her killer thighs.

I do hope this isn't the usual copy-cat "sequel"... like it's been so long the studio figures no one will remember.

Gentlemen...if you like her, check out her show Halt And Catch Fire, also featuring Scoot McNairy and Lee Pace aka Ronan the Accuser. It's ****ing awesome.

And her single episode of Black Mirror, 'San Junipero'. The best episode of tv I saw last year, aside from Westworld's first season.

Maybe we should re name thread title

Bladerunner 2049

Seconded.

Mods please update the title to BLADE RUNNER 2049.

Gentlemen...if you like her, check out her show Halt And Catch Fire, also featuring Scoot McNairy and Lee Pace aka Ronan the Accuser. It's ****ing awesome.

And her single episode of Black Mirror, 'San Junipero'. The best episode of tv I saw last year, aside from Westworld's first season.

Mackenzie Davis literally deserves a Best Actress Academy Award for her role in Charlie Brooker's brilliant San Junipero. I honestly wish he had just done a feature with that story instead of making it an episode of BM.

I didn't like San Junipero.

giphy.gif

Still hyped for BD2K49 tho. Gosling could be staring at the wall for two hours, and I'd still watch it. It could work something like Hardy's Locke. Either way, I'm hoping it's more than just a blockbuster.

Villeneuve should be more than enough to make it "not just another blockbuster". Gosling's selective attitude to his roles also gives me hope for the script.

Villeneuve should be more than enough to make it "not just another blockbuster". Gosling's selective attitude to his roles also gives me hope for the script.

Yeah, that's all true, but I'm still anxious. The more Gosling, the merrier though. I wish he'd do a flick with Gylenhaal at some point, they're two of the best current actors IMO. Hardy as well. Anyone who can keep me entertained for 2 hours while he's talking on the phone, is damn good in my book.

I'm just not expecting it to be better than the first Blade Runner, and I think that'll work well for me in terms of adjusting expectation.

Back