Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

I met Parker years ago when he filmed in my hometown. We chatted about Brad Davis and Giorgio Moroder. A very nice man.

I'm glad one of these 30 years later sequels appears to be legitimately good. Looking forward to seeing it, dunno when that'll be. Really need to watch the first one again first though.

Saw it tonight. Slow burn. Cinematography was unreal. I always liked Gosling somewhat, but now I’m fully on board.

Dare I say ... It was better than the first Blade Runner movie. I said it. Means nothing tho. But it was beautiful cinematography. Great casting.

Yeah, I've been waiting to watch the first one again before this too.
One of my local theaters screened the final cut a week ago, but I was at work. :gah:

Its a film noir masterpiece. Rourke is GOLD in it and Parker tops Midnight Express. Had Rourke not told Sam Goldwyn to go **** himself right before release, the film would have swept the Oscars that year and Rourke would have beat Douglas for Best Actor (and not began a career of being black-balled).

Why must you say things I agree with?!

Anyway, Angel Heart is criminally under-appreciated.

I would definitely echo the sentiment that it's superior to the original. As groundbreaking as it was, the first film was a flawed film. Some dodgy writing, awkward pacing, and questionable performances. 2049 delivers on haunting, slow-burning spectacle and atmosphere while also correcting those problems. Much tighter and more cohesive script.

Will be seeing it again, hopefully next weekend. Now to bask in the glory of that soundtrack...

Saw it last night. It's....OK, no masterpiece and certainly doesn't come close to the original. The visuals are very stark, which seems to be a concious desire to remove itself from Blade Runner's dense, richly detailed texture. It's also very contrained as you spend alot of time with K, in rooms, so it feels a smaller film somehow. Also the movie suffers from a lack of compelling opponent, there's no Roy Batty here. But in saying that it's nice to see an attempt at had sci-fi, even though for me it wasn't entirely successful.

Definitely sounds like an Alien/Aliens scenario with the audience reaction.

Can I get my three hours back? What in the world is everybody so high on this film for? The plot is such a slowburn but very predictable. None of the characters are interesting, all very, very forgettable. I don't even know what story they felt they needed to tell, 90% felt so irrelevant to the ending if the film. The obnoxious score being all dramatic for no reason at all when nothing is happening. The only cool thing was seeing the overview of the city in the beginning...made me feel very claustrophobic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can I get my three hours back? What in the world is everybody so high on this film for? The plot is such a slowburn but very predictable. None of the characters are interesting, all very, very forgettable. I don't even know what story they felt they needed to tell, 90% felt so irrelevant to the ending if the film. The obnoxious score being all dramatic for no reason at all when nothing is happening. The only cool thing was seeing the overview of the city in the beginning...made me feel very claustrophobic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No masterpiece in history has arrived without it’s critics. So, comments like this makes me even more confident that I just experienced something grand :)

Back