Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

Screw the box office. For the average movie fan box office is only important if you want a Marvel style movieverse. I haven't seen this yet but I'd rather have a solid movie over an average movie pandering to an average market in the hope of making 3 or 4 billion dollar movies (Transformers for example).

Who cares???

Nobody with a brain gives a ****.

Go tell your precious Villeneuve that and he’ll spit right in your eye lol.

You think Villeneuve is happy that his masterpiece bombed, seriously.

You really think Villeneuve is thinking WHO CARES if it bombed that it doesn’t matter if WB loses money on it!

lulz

Who cares???

HC5GU2j.jpg

A great film is a great film...no matter what box office it does...hope it wins some Oscar's...the only blame for box office failure here if it happens is based(imho) on the stupidity of the masses...most females won't care for this one...PC crowd might not like it for its lack of diversity,etc. Minorities might not care for it, hey for some its too boring and not as fast as the internet/phone speeds they are used to....include the i don't like art crowd too...this film for me was art just like the 1982 film was...throw in hillbillies and other forms of trash and vola!! Box office failure lol...

WHO CARES if Valerian flopped so hard right???
WHO CARES if Mother! Flopped so extremely hard?
The studio cares
The producers care
The actors care
The director and writer cares
The movie theaters care because those screens are empty
The companies making merchandise care
Other studios care
"Who cares" that might the most dumbest thing to say

Flopped movies can end careers. Can bankrupt studios.
Can hurt directors.

You realy think Villeneuve is thinking WHO CARES if it bombed!

lulz

Your obsession with Box Office is depressing. Unless you work for a film studio you shouldn't give a **** about Box Office. You think The Revenant was "financially successful"? It wasn't. You think Inarritu gives a ****? He doesn't. He'll go on to make a dozen more great films. He'll use all kinds of money to make them. Studio, independent, etc.

Artists make art. The moronic masses can't digest art and that's why things like the MCU exist. Movies like this one are not for those people who keep track of Box Office like a sport. The last thing on Villeneuve's mind with this movie was box office.

The original Blade Runner bombed - and its one of the most revered films of all time. In 10 years nobody [intelligent] will even remember the MCU. Art perseveres. It stands the test of time. Popcorn crap that makes billions is quickly forgotten.

You really think Villeneuve is thinking WHO CARES if it bombed that it doesn’t matter if WB loses money on it!

lulz

The masses are stupid...WB and all the studios should market towards stupidity...unless budget is super low...there ya go, economic bottom line established. ..damn be quality or art or other positive thought provoking nouns

Your obsession with Box Office is depressing. Unless you work for a film studio you shouldn't give a **** about Box Office. You think The Revenant was "financially successful"? It wasn't. You think Inarritu gives a ****? He doesn't. He'll go on to make a dozen more great films. He'll use all kinds of money to make them. Studio, independent, etc.

Artists make art. The moronic masses can't digest art and that's why things like the MCU exist. Movies like this one are not for those people who keep track of Box Office like a sport. The last thing on Villeneuve's mind with this movie was box office.

The original Blade Runner bombed - and its one of the most revered films of all time. In 10 years nobody [intelligent] will even remember the MCU. Art perseveres. It stands the test of time. Popcorn crap is quickly forgotten.

Where the hell is ur review of IT???

Still didnt find an empty theater?? :lol

I guess u could review this movie because the theater was empty? :lol

Where the hell is ur review of IT???

Still didnt find an empty theater?? :lol

I guess u could review this movie because the theater was empty? :lol

Opening night 15/70 IMAX was completely sold out and not one person spoke or used the bathroom during the 3 hours the film ran (without trailers).

Again, this is a movie for the thinking man who can behave during a movie and stay quiet, not the moron who deems films successful based on Box Office (and is probably checking BOM & RT while watching movies at a theater).

Wow. There are a few people on Sideshow who care (about BOX OFFICE #s) (3 who have posted that they care.) Awesome. Go support a decent movie and watch this movie, watch it multiple times if you must. Show that you care. Spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, write to your local Politician, write an on-line review, write to the Studio. Show that you care!

Revenant Budget $135 million
Box office $533 million

Not a flop :lol

Opening night 15/70 IMAX was completely sold out and not one person spoke or used the bathroom during the 3 hours the film ran (without trailers).

Again, this is a movie for the thinking man who can behave during a movie and stay quiet, not the moron who deems films successful based on Box Office (and is probably checking BOM & RT while watching movies at a theater).

And NO one was talking in a packed house? Dude u are joking lol.

U dont wanna admit u loved IT like everyone else.

And NO one was talking in a packed house? Dude u are joking lol.

U dont wanna admit u loved IT like everyone else.

Not one person spoke. Not one.

If the director was happy with this film as well as most who have seen it then damn the money...if WB and villnvue are upset...tough...if artist worry about revenue then they are to me not artists...success is now totally for so many based on financials. ..so many of the great artists before never had a pot to piss in but there works last forever

lulz

Eh... Dredd bombed hard and is a great movie. You can't take that away from the team involved in making that movie.

I'm sure a Blade Runner movie with RDJ in the lead role with Scar Jo supporting with a few funny jokes thrown in during the trailer would have been box office gold but would it make a good BR movie...

I didn't see It:dunno It did great, awesome. Not a fan of Clowns. Thought the TV IT was ok for what it was. Was I compelled to see a re-boot. Nope.

If the director was happy with this film as well as most who have seen it then damn the money...if WB and villnvue are upset...tough...if artist worry about revenue then they are to me not artists...success is now totally for so many based on financials. ..so many of the great artists before never had a pot to piss in but their works last forever.

Exactly.

Back