Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

Woman text me this morning, she forgot to order tickets earlier and did so this morning....

View attachment 369813

Lucky we did because........

No one else got advance tickets either. :lol

Gonna bomb.....

Oh and her answer to watching the original was a firm NO.

Cool! I'm looking forward to my "Private" Screening.

Astounding film. Saw the 7pm IMAX 2D screening tonight. Cannot wait to see it again. I'm still trying to process it all but I will say this--I never been a big fan of Gosling but his performance was absolutely stellar. And so was Ford's but Gosling as K was extraordinary. Lots of emotion in that performance and you truly feel for him and his predicament(s). You'll see what I'm talking about once you see it. Villeneuve--a pure genius behind the camera that we don't deserve. Please give Deakins his Oscar for this.

Astounding film. Saw the 7pm IMAX 2D screening tonight. Cannot wait to see it again. I'm still trying to process it all but I will say this--I never been a big fan of Gosling but his performance was absolutely stellar. And so was Ford's but Gosling as K was extraordinary. Lots of emotion in that performance and you truly feel for him and his predicament(s). You'll see what I'm talking about once you see it. Villeneuve--a pure genius behind the camera that we don't deserve. Please give Deakins his Oscar for this.

Direction was spot on, hope he does more sci fi

Film of the year. Simply incredible. I've never had such an immersive experience in the cinema. Just amazing. Need to see again.

And **** you Hot Toys for not announcing it today.

10/10.

Villeneuve continues to show he's a master auteur. Its as if he married Scott's original with Angel Heart and crafted a far superior Blade Runner tale.

Can't ****ing wait for Dune.

10/10.

Villeneuve continues to show he's a master auteur. Its as if he married Scott's original with Angel Heart and crafted a far superior Blade Runner tale.

Can't ****ing wait for Dune.

I forgot about Dune! From my favourite film (blade runner) to my favourite book, this is like a dream come true!

Yeah when I get home i’m going to redo the sig that’s just a temporary place holder but YES absolutely great choice for her eyes makes perfect sense to me lol

Spoiler!

Well so much for the twist ending.

Its not about the twist ending lol its about the pacing, flavor and overall masterful approach to the gumshoe style of storytelling. Its film noir at its finest. Gosling is superb, Deakins is a beast and Villeneuve is rivaling Fincher's Zodiac here.

I don't remember it at all :lol

Its a film noir masterpiece. Rourke is GOLD in it and Parker tops Midnight Express. Had Rourke not told Sam Goldwyn to go **** himself right before release, the film would have swept the Oscars that year and Rourke would have beat Douglas for Best Actor (and not began a career of being black-balled).

Is that what happened to Mickey lol

It started with Rain Man. Levinson wrote the part for Rourke who he'd been wanting to reunite with since Diner. The studio rejected the casting outta respect for Goldwyn. It continued to happen with other films and studios. Nobody meaningful wanted to hire him so he started (hilariously) boxing again and would take parts in low budget crap to pay the bills.

Tarantino tried to get him into Pulp Fiction and wrote the Butch Coolidge role for him, but the blackball was still in place.

Back