Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

A great film is a great film...no matter what box office it does...hope it wins some Oscar's...the only blame for box office failure here if it happens is based(imho) on the stupidity of the masses...most females won't care for this one...PC crowd might not like it for its lack of diversity,etc. Minorities might not care for it, hey for some its too boring and not as fast as the internet/phone speeds they are used to....include the i don't like art crowd too...this film for me was art just like the 1982 film was...throw in hillbillies and other forms of trash and vola!! Box office failure lol...

The trailers kept things pretty close to the chest, perhaps too close. There is so much more to 2049 than what the lackluster promos showed. I'm torn as to whether they should've revealed more of the plot to distinguish the film from other futuristic sci-fi (putting more asses in seats) or kept things under wraps to create the unexpected sensory experience that it ultimately was.

I'm ecstatic with what we got, but also heartbroken that it may not see a follow-up. My roommate and I walked into it hoping it wasn't as action-centric as the trailers suggested and we were speechless. Amazed. Very much satisfied. Then you have the frat guys that sat behind us. Loudmouths at the start of the film and then fell asleep several times after the halfway point. It's a shame that's what we have to cater to for money these days. I suppose it makes sense. You want to make profit against the biggest budget, you have to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Though the R rating and runtime are definite factors.

How many movies have you seen Karl Urban star in after Dredd? None.

The Star Trek films and the upcoming Thor?

Yes it sucks that we never got a sequel to Dredd however what we're left with is one very solid standalone movie.

Hey, now. We're also getting a Netflix series. :yess:

Last edited:

Even one of my all time favorite movies shares the same fate. No one has ever watched or even heard of the movie Perfume: story of a murderer

They show that every five months here.

Wow as some had predicted a box office disaster in the making right now ouch.

Sorry Villeneuve but I guess middle america doesn’t care about your auteur skills.

Yeah, there were only 6 other people in the showing I went to, which is sad, because the film deserves to do well.

Guess we can forget about seeing well crafted, thoughtful sci-fi from here on out, have to settle for Transformers 10.

I'll repost my review in here...

Blade Runner 2049 - 8.5/10

I really feel like I need to see this again to give it a true rating.

There has been a lot of talk about whether or not this movie is superior to it's predecessor, to that, I say probably not. It is, on the other hand a most worthy sequel, and while not better, it is certainly more expansive. It really adds to the world we are already familiar with, and adds a deeply layered, nuanced, and eye-widening view into that world. I found myself hungry for more, even though the film was approaching 3 hours in length.

I think the Original had a better adversary in Roy Batty, and maybe even Pris, whereas the villains in the sequel were fairly forgettable. Dekkard was also a better "hero", which is not to detract from "K", as its pretty hard to upstage Ford, especially in his prime. There have been a couple of mentions that some think Ford deserves an Oscar for this, I have to say I disagree. He did a fine job, did not detract from the film at all, but his acting was not award-worthy. I see a lot of potential technical awards, and possibly even a nod at the Director.

It was certainly a beautiful film to behold, and the time flew by, but I was left feeling a bit hollow in the end. Maybe I just need to ruminate on it a bit longer, but I felt the original had a far more satisfying and emotional ending.

Blade Runner is my all time favorite science fiction film, so the sequel had the chips stacked against it to begin with, the movie did not disappoint, but it also didn't outdo the original.

I will definitely buy this on 4K when it's released.

I'll repost my review in here...

Blade Runner 2049 - 8.5/10

I really feel like I need to see this again to give it a true rating.

There has been a lot of talk about whether or not this movie is superior to it's predecessor, to that, I say probably not. It is, on the other hand a most worthy sequel, and while not better, it is certainly more expansive. It really adds to the world we are already familiar with, and adds a deeply layered, nuanced, and eye-widening view into that world. I found myself hungry for more, even though the film was approaching 3 hours in length.

I think the Original had a better adversary in Roy Batty, and maybe even Pris, whereas the villains in the sequel were fairly forgettable. Dekkard was also a better "hero", which is not to detract from "K", as its pretty hard to upstage Ford, especially in his prime. There have been a couple of mentions that some think Ford deserves an Oscar for this, I have to say I disagree. He did a fine job, did not detract from the film at all, but his acting was not award-worthy. I see a lot of potential technical awards, and possibly even a nod at the Director.

It was certainly a beautiful film to behold, and the time flew by, but I was left feeling a bit hollow in the end. Maybe I just need to ruminate on it a bit longer, but I felt the original had a far more satisfying and emotional ending.

Blade Runner is my all time favorite science fiction film, so the sequel had the chips stacked against it to begin with, the movie did not disappoint, but it also didn't outdo the original.

I will definitely buy this on 4K when it's released.

2049 is a far superior exploration of ****'s concept. I gotta say it, Villeneuve is for me personally surpassing Ridley Scott's 40-year-run in less than 10.

2049 is a far superior exploration of ****'s concept. I gotta say it, Villeneuve is for me personally surpassing Ridley Scott's 40-year-run in less than 10.

Luckily reviews are opinion and not fact.

You could argue that The Shining mini series was a better representation of the book than the movie, but that doesn't mean the miniseries was better than the movie.

Last edited:

Never watched the original, not sure why tbh

So the question is, do it hav to see th first to enjoy this in its entirety

Never watched the original, not sure why tbh

So the question is, do it hav to see th first to enjoy this in its entirety

In its entirety? Yes. You'll get the basic plot points, but it won't mean nearly as much to you if you're not familiar with the original.

What good is a movie that nobody saw?

Did u see The Fountain? Do u remember it? Do u know anyone that owns it?

Do u even see it played on tv?

Sure it was an incredible movie. An incredible movie almost no one ever saw or cares about.

Even one of my all time favorite movies shares the same fate. No one has ever watched or even heard of the movie Perfume: story of a murderer

I own the fountain...fact

WTF i LOVE bladerunner now!!!!

ZN4Cuqa.png

Last edited:

I've got 8pm PST tickets for tonight so I'll tell you tomorrow what I thought.

Better not be any loud people in front of me who don't want to 'take it outside' otherwise I may have to leave the theater and not see this.

I've got 8pm PST tickets for tonight so I'll tell you tomorrow what I thought.

Better not be any loud people in front of me who don't want to 'take it outside' otherwise I may have to leave the theater and not see this.

Fart on their heads!!!!

Back