Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

Do u own perfume? ( or know it?)

No but I own all the precolumbian and early Spanish colonization films...fact...I taught those subjects and my thesis was on the subject...mm hmm

WTF i LOVE bladerunner now!!!!

ZN4Cuqa.png

"F" em

I've got 8pm PST tickets for tonight so I'll tell you tomorrow what I thought.

Better not be any loud people in front of me who don't want to 'take it outside' otherwise I may have to leave the theater and not see this.

This movie DEMANDS a respectful crowd. There's at least a full hour of just silence in it.

I'm gonna wait a full week cause I don't want to have to deal with an annoying crowd.

I love Blade Runner, and I loved 2049. Not sure how everyone in my theater felt, but it was a sold out IMAX showing and from looking on Fandango, it looked like every showing in that theater was pretty much sold out(every available format) at least for this weekend.

My wife never saw the original and she thought this was pretty good so maybe there's hope in the average movie goer, but I can see the general audience not digging this. It's a shame, as has been mentioned, that a movie like this will be considered a bomb when it really is a fantastic piece of cinema and not just **** blowing up and car chases. I'll probably see it again before it leaves theaters.

I love Blade Runner, and I loved 2049. Not sure how everyone in my theater felt, but it was a sold out IMAX showing and from looking on Fandango, it looked like every showing in that theater was pretty much sold out(every available format) at least for this weekend.

My wife never saw the original and she thought this was pretty good so maybe there's hope in the average movie goer, but I can see the general audience not digging this. It's a shame, as has been mentioned, that a movie like this will be considered a bomb when it really is a fantastic piece of cinema and not just **** blowing up and car chases. I'll probably see it again before it leaves theaters.

I'm going back for a second 2D 15/70 IMAX viewing on Tuesday and one last time as the film ends it's IMAX run on Thursday the 19th.

I ****ing loved how the IMAX countdown numbers were in the BR world.

I wish I had watched the IMAX instead of the 3D, as the 3D was very underwhelming, it was practically non-existant.

Hollywood trades explantion to why this movie is a box office disaster:

“There was an oversight by the producers on the
Blade Runner brand’s low wattage among the masses despite its eternal legacy praise by critics.

You don’t build a movie that costs in excess of $155M net for just one quadrant –older males (guys over 25 rep 53% per PostTrak)– and mount a campaign that’s shrouded in secrecy, thus sidelining a brand new potential generation of fans.

Also, if you’re looking to hook the Marvel or DC crowd into this reborn franchise, a PG-13 rating could have assisted
Blade Runner 2049 without selling its quality short (there’s nothing really dicey in the movie violence or sex wise). If you’re going to build a movie for one quadrant, it can’t be at a $100M-plus price.

Plain and simple.

A good film > muh box office numbers

Hollywood trades explantion to why this movie is a box office disaster:

“There was an oversight by the producers on the
Blade Runner brand’s low wattage among the masses despite its eternal legacy praise by critics.

You don’t build a movie that costs in excess of $155M net for just one quadrant –older males (guys over 25 rep 53% per PostTrak)– and mount a campaign that’s shrouded in secrecy, thus sidelining a brand new potential generation of fans.

Also, if you’re looking to hook the Marvel or DC crowd into this reborn franchise, a PG-13 rating could have assisted
Blade Runner 2049 without selling its quality short (there’s nothing really dicey in the movie violence or sex wise). If you’re going to build a movie for one quadrant, it can’t be at a $100M-plus price.

Plain and simple.

But they did and it’s an uncompromising masterpiece. So, though we might never see a third installment, we got this one that took no prisoners and is exactly how it should be. If a third movie would be aiming for the masses I’m glad if we won’t get it.

For the BR fanatics and 2049 lovers what did the big mystery reveal add to the BR mythology, how did it improve Deckard, Rachel and replicant metaphors?

Did it make the first one better or did it ruin some of it?

What did the big secret mean to you?

For the BR fanatics and 2049 lovers what did the big mystery reveal add to the BR mythology, how did it improve Deckard, Rachel and replicant metaphors?

It did a brilliant job of just adding depth to the universe and not ruin any of the mystery of the original. We still can’t say for sure if Deckard is a replicant for instance. The replicants need and search for life and meaning is also intact and deeper than ever.

Jye, all you care about is money.

There's more to cinema than box office totals. Hollywood will be fine according to your 40 billion numbers statistic or whatever. I'm sure Star Wars Episode 32 and Untitled Marvel Movie 69 and Generic PG-13 blockbuster movie will take plenty of $$$ from the masses to keep the Hollywood train a-movin.

Relax and enjoy Joi boobies, not box office earnings.

IMG_8929.JPG

Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

Box office only matters to the Studios and a certain subset of film goers who seem to relate it somehow to how "Good" a film is the them.....kinda like Pop music.....well everyone is seeing it....so therefor is must have a non monetary value.....

Which should be an obvious case for correlation versus causation....the classic human trap.

Occasionally you see this very clearly on certain films that bombed at the box office and later made WaY more money as appreciation for the film grew ....

My top list is....

Its a Wonderful Life
Fight Club
V for Vendetta
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Shawshank Redemption

Oh.....and BLADE RUNNER.......

all considered Box office failures....

While Suicide Squad is considered a box office sucess....

So clearly not everything is box office numbers...

Going to see it this week.....without any fan boy attachment to this franchise or actor or director......so I feel I can judge it pretty fairly. I do love a good sci fi film though, even though the masses usually do not (they are mostly lost in sci fi films because they need things spelled out for them).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Box office numbers: amount of people watching it.

Being a flop doesnt just mean it is doing bad financially

It means a very tiny amount of people are watching it. It means it reached a very small number of people.

Sure u guys can say "who gives a f about box office" but it goes beyond that. It is more about how small the reach of this movie is.

.......just....like....Valerian........ regardless of quality, no one saw that either. Valerian and blade runner are gonna suffer the same fate

Back