Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

You get it.

I also get it if a fan loved it and doesn’t care about box office because they got their masterpiece to enjoy over and over.

But think about this...

To NOT care about box office you’re also saying SCREW YOU to the studio who spent alot of money to BRING YOU the movie in the first place!

Had WB not invested in 2046 you wouldn’t even have your masterpiece!

So thanks for the masterpiece WB but we don’t give a **** if you lost alot of money now.

Wut!

Why should WB care about giving you another masterpiece when they see fans saying SCREW YOU we don’t give a **** that you lost money but hey can you please let auteur Villeneuve make another scifi movie for us.

Tad selfish, no?

No, no we can’t lol

They are having overly-defensive reactions, basically.

They can't process that this movie is bombing, and they want to somehow seem "above it all" and come off as an "auteur" (God, I hate that word)

Bleive me, if it was a Hit they'd be doing a jig.

Its how we never got a hellboy 3 because hellboy 2 flopped

I honestly do not give a flying crap if any of u guys hated hellboy, but i wanted that third movie made.
Hellboy 2 flopping mattered to me as a fan. Same as tron legacy, i wanted that third tron.... both of those flops hurt the same way the jason voorhees movie cancel hurt.
I really dont understand how the guys loving this movie dont give a crap of this flopping. Why wouldnt u be sad that ur favorite movie is failing. How can u be so dense.

:lol :lol :lol

Yeah, but Blade Runner 2049 is already out. Things like Dredd 3D already came out. We've gotten to see and enjoy them.

I mean hell, WB released that ****ing awful sci-if Johnny Depp flick, Transcendence, and they're doing just fine, trugging right along (for now). Going into panic mode and proclaiming that this is the end of the genre as we know it isn't just premature, it's ludicrous. Some of you fellas are almost fanatical with this box office business. In this world, you win some and you lose some. Sometimes things just go wrong, even if your marketing campaign was top notch. That article Jye shared is lame. "Should have made it PG-13 and make like it's another Superhero or Star Wars movie!" Yeah, as if we're not getting enough of those.

And let's say that this causes a domino effect and this whole industry collapses? So what? Nothing lasts forever. We still have thousands of pre-existing movies to enjoy. It's not like films of late have done anything new either. Even this movie, as good as it is, is just another sequel/reboot. It's all been done, just regurgitated up and given a face lift.

Well, good on you if you don't care that we get anything new that's good.

Last edited:

I don't get why the film isn't doing better.

It's sci-fi, it has great reviews, it has Harrison Ford, and it's a sequel to a movie that's become famous and beloved.

Maybe young people don't give a **** about Ford? Maybe, for all its praise and critical acclaim, the original film isn't as popular as people thought? Sure, a lot of people say they like it, but where are they now?

Meanwhile, IT is still in the top 3 :lol Can it go back to #1 next weekend? :thud:

Its how we never got a hellboy 3 because hellboy 2 flopped

I honestly do not give a flying crap if any of u guys hated hellboy, but i wanted that third movie made.
Hellboy 2 flopping mattered to me as a fan. Same as tron legacy, i wanted that third tron.... both of those flops hurt the same way the jason voorhees movie cancel hurt.
I really dont understand how the guys loving this movie dont give a crap of this flopping. Why wouldnt u be sad that ur favorite movie is failing. How can u be so dense.

And what the F are we supposed to do about it...I saw it,paid for viewing it and was satisfied...I can't worry about those idiots who don't..like the price of gas...it goes up...nothing we can do...sheet happens...why worry about things we can't control...its not good if this happens or that...who gives a sheet...death stinks too but its gonna happen anyway...welcome to the beetch generation...studios only give a F about your money..nothing else...some films are successful no matter what...SW could be directed by ed wood and it'll still make a billion ..who cares...as for BR. ..its too bad she won't live, but then again who does

Yeah, but Blade Runner 2049 is already out. Things like Dredd 3D already came out. We've gotten to see and enjoy them, even if they don't do well financially. I don't have any stock with these film studios. If WB, Sony, etc. to under, I don't care. I mean it's going to happen eventually.

I mean hell, WB released that ****ing awful sci-if Johnny Depp flick, Transcendence, and they're doing just fine, trugging right along (for now). Going into panic mode and proclaiming that this is the end of the genre as we know it isn't just premature, it's ludicrous. Some of you fellas are almost fanatical with this box office business. Not aimed at anyone in particular, but some of you already wrote this one off months ago, but you'll be there cheerleading Disney for their Thor 4 and Star Wars 12 flicks. In this world, you win some and you lose some. Sometimes things just go wrong, even if your marketing campaign was top notch and got a solid film. That article Jye shared is lame. "Should have made it PG-13 and make like it's another Superhero or Star Wars movie!" Yeah, as if we're not getting enough of those. It's like telling 90s/early 2000s filmmakers to make all your comedies like Adam Sandler movies because that's what the lowest common denominator of masses love.

And let's say that this causes a domino effect and this whole industry collapses? So what? Nothing lasts forever. We still have thousands of pre-existing movies to enjoy. It's not like films of late have done anything new either. Even this movie, as good as it is, is just another sequel/reboot. It's all been done, just regurgitated and given a face lift.

I'm just happy this got made. I'm not a huge fan of the original Blade Runner, and this sequel made up for all the originals faults. Box office be damned. I knew it this wouldn't be grossing a **** ton. Just look at the original. It's a cult classic that has a niche audience. It'd be like making a sequel or reboot to Big Trouble in Little China for today's audiences and expecting it to do Transformers BO numbers. It's silly.

Nihilism for 200 Alex

And what the F are we supposed to do about it...I saw it,paid for viewing it and was satisfied...I can't worry about those idiots who don't..like the price of gas...it goes up...nothing we can do...sheet happens...why worry about things we can't control...its not good if this happens or that...who gives a sheet...death stinks too but its gonna happen anyway...welcome to the beetch generation...studios only give a F about your money..nothing else...some films are successful no matter what...SW could be directed by ed wood and it'll still make a billion ..who cares...as for BR. ..its too bad she won't live, but then again who does

You could have helped promote it better.
Could have tell everyone on fb to see it. Could have gone reddit and twitter and help promote it

Yeah, but Blade Runner 2049 is already out. Things like Dredd 3D already came out. We've gotten to see and enjoy them, even if they don't do well financially. I don't have any stock with these film studios. If WB, Sony, etc. go under or their actors and producers don't get work again (especially in light of current scandals), I don't care. I mean it's going to happen eventually.

I mean hell, WB released that ****ing awful sci-if Johnny Depp flick, Transcendence, and they're doing just fine, trugging right along (for now). Going into panic mode and proclaiming that this is the end of the genre as we know it isn't just premature, it's ludicrous. Some of you fellas are almost fanatical with this box office business. Not aimed at anyone in particular, but some of you already wrote this one off months ago, but you'll be there cheerleading Disney for their Thor 4 and Star Wars 12 flicks this fall/winter, giving them your money over and over again instead of these other "poor" stuidos. In this world, you win some and you lose some. Sometimes things just go wrong, even if your marketing campaign was top notch and got a solid film. That article Jye shared is lame. "Should have made it PG-13 and make like it's another Superhero or Star Wars movie!" Yeah, as if we're not getting enough of those. It's like telling 90s/early 2000s filmmakers to make all your comedies like Adam Sandler movies because that's what the lowest common denominator of masses love.

And let's say that this causes a domino effect and this whole industry collapses? So what? Nothing lasts forever. We still have thousands of pre-existing movies to enjoy. It's not like films of late have done anything new either. Even this movie, as good as it is, is just another sequel/reboot. It's all been done, just regurgitated and given a face lift.

I'm just happy this got made. I'm not a huge fan of the original Blade Runner, and this sequel made up for all the originals faults. Box office be damned. I knew it this wouldn't be grossing a **** ton. Just look at the original. It's a cult classic that has a niche audience. It'd be like making a sequel or reboot to Big Trouble in Little China for today's audiences and expecting it to do Transformers BO numbers. It's silly.

Your thoughts betray you.....ehhhh....father lol

Holy sheet DiFabio is my creator!

That makes me a repliCAN’T or CAN? lol

I don't get why the film isn't doing better.

It's sci-fi, it has great reviews, it has Harrison Ford, and it's a sequel to a movie that's become famous and beloved.

Maybe young people don't give a **** about Ford? Maybe, for all its praise and critical acclaim, the original film isn't as popular as people thought? Sure, a lot of people say they like it, but where are they now?

Meanwhile, IT is still in the top 3 :lol Can it go back to #1 next weekend? :thud:

This movie is performing like Power Rangers sure everyone likes to claim they love the property but when it comes time to act on that claim, failure lol

Well, good on you if you don't care if we get anything new that's good.

Define "new".

What are some upcoming movies that you're excited/hyped for that are original IP's?

You get it.

I also get it if a fan loved it and doesn’t care about box office because they got their masterpiece to enjoy over and over.

But think about this...

To NOT care about box office you’re also saying SCREW YOU to the studio who spent alot of money to BRING YOU the movie in the first place!

Had WB not invested in 2046 you wouldn’t even have your masterpiece!

So thanks for the masterpiece WB but we don’t give a **** if you lost alot of money now.

Wut!

Why should WB care about giving you another masterpiece when they see fans saying SCREW YOU we don’t give a **** that you lost money but hey can you please let auteur Villeneuve make another scifi movie for us.

Tad selfish, no?

No, no we can’t lol
Do the freaking studios care about you or is it your money...c'mon man..big business. ..nothing more...simple...sometimes you win and sometimes you don't..who gives a sheet...Mcdonald's sucks...but people flock to it...some new guy opens a fantastic place,devotes his time,money life for it and it flops...even if its awesome...box office failures are just a part of real life. ..period

They should have gotten Nolan to make the movie. He's a HUGE BR fan, and he knows how to make commercial films, and the marketing for his movies is usually great too.

...Christ. What we got was the best BR movie imaginable. And people are already saying **** like this. We should be really f’in happy that this movie now exists and instead people are theorizing about what we might not get in the future... wtf. We have no f’in idea what disappointing box office numbers will have on other projects. Yes, would be nice if it was a financial success, but Live in the Now and rejoice for a second will you!! If Dune or other projects are going to be cancelled in the future because of this - we can cry then. Not now.

Do the freaking studios care about you or is it your money...c'mon man..big business. ..nothing more...simple...sometimes you win and sometimes you don't..who gives a sheet...Mcdonald's sucks...but people flock to it...some new guy opens a fantastic place,devotes his time,money life for it and it flops...even if its awesome...box office failures are just a part of real life. ..period

Very true which means you’re very fortunate that Sicario and Arrival didn’t consecutively bomb or else no 2046 for you to claim masterpiece.

See how that works now :tap

You could have helped promote it better.
Could have tell everyone on fb to see it. Could have gone reddit and twitter and help promote it

F social media...I refuse to go there...I don't even text...but I did tell my friends that this was good...and who the f are you to tell me I didn't do their part...like freaking social media holds all the answers...just stupid...man its hard to believe just buying a few statues lead to to some forums......I tell you what...I would care about box office if my money was invested..it ain't so I could give 2 sheets...I gotta worry about some other millionaires making money?...hell no

Your thoughts betray you.....ehhhh....father.

Holy sheet DiFabio is my creator!

tfw I may have banged Jye's mom and don't even remember.

IMG_8931.JPG

F social media...I refuse to go there...I don't even text...but I did tell my friends that this was good...and who the f are you to tell me I didn't do their part...like freaking social media holds all the answers...just stupid...man its hard to believe just buying a few statues lead to to some forums......I tell you what...I would care about box office if my money was invented..it ain't so I could give 2 sheets...I gotta worry about some other millionaires making money?...hell no

I ****ing love this guy.

Damn it i hate auto correct on my phone

Christ, people are still talking about Box Office im this thread instead of discussing the brilliance behind Villeneuve's story, Deakins' gorgeous shots and Gosling's powerhouse minimalism.

Christ, people are still talking about Box Office im this thread instead of discussing the brilliance behind Villeneuve's story, Deakins' gorgeous shots and Gosling's powerhouse minimalism.

Most people in here haven't seen it, so they can't talk about it. They're only interested in what google and the Hollywood reporter tells them, hence the BO speculation.

What was your favorite scene in the movie. I know what my favorite shot is.

**** box office. Going again this week. Still thinking about certain moments and shots, and I'm listening to the soundtrack all weekend. I'm sad it's not doing well but i got what I wanted and more from it.

Back