Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

Do most women find blade runner boring?
Yes they do...fact...I don't know one female that liked the original...sure they like ford or even the love scene...but that's it

Don't bother replying to the guy. Dude doesn't understand films are art. Thinks movies are like Football teams.

Villeneuve will go on to make more superb features that cost more than this one and the poster in question will just shake his head at the travesty of a director who's box office reputation means nothing because his artistic prowess is so impressive.

Wow, jye confirmed pleb

I’m just messing with you Adolfo, you are right not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things.

Not unless Harvey goes both ways....

Wait it’s Hollywood of course he does.

Sorry Villeneuve and Ford lol

Just fly over Beijing today it looks exactly the same as future BR lol.

Jye. Your alright in my book...strange how Im reminded of the TDKR forum all of the sudden lol

My review for this film in one sentence...this film is art...DV is an artist...and "that's all I got to say about that" I will buy the BR whichever version has the most extras and will buy the art and soul of BR 2049 book....might even order the Johnnie Walker blade runner 2049 limited edition 49 proof bottle for $100

My review for this film in one sentence...this film is art...DV is an artist...and "that's all I got to say about that" I will buy the BR whichever version has the most extras and will buy the art and soul of BR 2049 book....might even order the Johnnie Walker blade runner 2049 limited edition 49 proof bottle for $100
Yep!!!

Just got tickets for tomorrow for my second viewing. ..I liked the IMAX 2d the first time and am gonna see it again in that format...I don't do too many second viewings...

NECA is on a roll. First Valerian and now 2049.

obeHleV.gif

I saw this Friday and im still digesting it. That to me is a sign of a great film and not just a good movie. I cannot think of one thing I would change. It's an uncompromising film which had me hooked from the very first shot. I dare say I like it more than the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this Friday and im still digesting it. That to me is a sign of a great film and not just a good movie. I cannot think of one thing I would change. It's an uncompromising film which had me hooked from the very first shot. I dare say I like it more than the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who’s a better antagonist Roy or Leto.

Damn Jye! You're too fast on that delete button. :lol

I already forget what I deleted lol

Oh this..

Honestly does it really take much for 2046 to be better than the original.

The first is a visual tour de force but at the same time a very slow simple movie that gained a cult following soley because of its visuals and unicorn.

2046 only needed to build upon and respectfully expand the visuals for it to easily surpass the original.

But which villain was better, Roy or Joker Murdock?

Well.... this movie certainly is divisive in a strange way. After so many years of popcorn you'd think more people here would like a solid meal for a change.

I don't agree with SNIKT that "film is art". It can be art. It can be many things. Its a medium. A medium is not art. The "art" is what comes through it.

OK, that said... I saw Blade Runner 2049 last night. Theater was half full. Its a popular theater so its a fair indication of interest in Los Angeles.

I have to say... this movie blew me away. I loved it. I did not expect to. I found flaws with both Sicario and The Arrival. But this Villeneuve film spoke to me. Mesmerizing from the first shot. It really did open up the future it ways that the first movie only hinted at.

I have to digest it a bit. My head is still spinning with images and ideas.

Criticisms from the gut: I do think it was too long. For the initial hour and a half, I was in awe. The world Villeneuve created felt so real. The vehicles, the police station, the way the hologram worked, the acting; everything felt genuine in a way that I have not seen on screen for a very long time. But I felt the 2nd half didn't quite live up to the first's promise (maybe it was the last third to be honest). Deckard's story is woven wonderfully into this film but I did feel a sharp change once he arrived in the story. His physical presence didn't really add anything but a rescue sequence. After thinking about it, if Ford wasn't in this, I'm not sure he would have been missed.

Again, I'm still digesting and thinking on this. Something I haven't had the pleasure of doing for a very long time with a movie. I look forward to relishing in the echoes of this film for a very long time.

For the record, I hope this movie's lack of financial success doesn't spell the end of intelligent sci-fi. I can't take more 'Geostorms' and 'Passengers'.

Back