Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

Do the freaking studios care about you or is it your money...c'mon man..big business. ..nothing more...simple...sometimes you win and sometimes you don't..who gives a sheet...Mcdonald's sucks...but people flock to it...some new guy opens a fantastic place,devotes his time,money life for it and it flops...even if its awesome...box office failures are just a part of real life. ..period

...Christ. What we got was the best BR movie imaginable. And people are already saying **** like this. We should be really f’in happy that this movie now exists and instead people are theorizing about what we might not get in the future... wtf. We have no f’in idea what disappointing box office numbers will have on other projects. Yes, would be nice if it was a financial success, but Live in the Now and rejoice for a second will you!! If Dune or other projects are going to be cancelled in the future because of this - we can cry then. Not now.

F social media...I refuse to go there...I don't even text...but I did tell my friends that this was good...and who the f are you to tell me I didn't do their part...like freaking social media holds all the answers...just stupid...man its hard to believe just buying a few statues lead to to some forums......I tell you what...I would care about box office if my money was invented..it ain't so I could give 2 sheets...I gotta worry about some other millionaires making money?...hell no

It is kind of wanting your team to win a game, football, baseball, soccer,
Are u happy when ur team loses?

Well, when I see a movie that instantly makes it to my list of favorite movies, it’s a victory.

F social media...I refuse to go there...I don't even text...but I did tell my friends that this was good...and who the f are you to tell me I didn't do their part...like freaking social media holds all the answers...just stupid...man its hard to believe just buying a few statues lead to to some forums......I tell you what...I would care about box office if my money was invented..it ain't so I could give 2 sheets...I gotta worry about some other millionaires making money?...hell no

But if the millionaires behind Sicario/Arrival didn’t make money you wouldn’t have your cherished 2046. :dunno

Very easy concept really.

What was your favorite scene in the movie.

Without a doubt when he goes to the
The memory maker
That was his "WHO WAS THE BOY!?!" moment.

I know what my favorite shot is.

I've been looking for it online but def hasn't been featured in official stills or trailers. Its after
He gets beat up and Deckard is taken hostage. He wakes up at the campfire with the rebel Replicants and they do this close-up of Gosling's face lit solely by the fire.
It was superb.

Well, when I see a movie that instantly makes it to my list of favorite movies, it’s a victory.

Well thats what i was saying about the movie Perfume history of a murderer. I am really very happy they made that movie. It is a movie i watch often. I read that book in my teens and the movie was wonderful

I do wish more people knew about it. Wish it was more popular

Maybe when I was a kid..nowadays..no i could give a sheet about millionaire beetch ball players...nope don't care

Well thats what i was saying about the movie Perfume history of a murderer. I am really very happy they made that movie. It is a movie i watch often. I read that book in my teens and the movie was wonderful

I do wish more people knew about it. Wish it was more popular

I do know about Perfume and liked it ;-)

Christ, people are still talking about Box Office im this thread instead of discussing the brilliance behind Villeneuve's story, Deakins' gorgeous shots and Gosling's powerhouse minimalism.

Most people in here haven't seen it, so they can't talk about it.

:lol :lol

Not just in here :chase

But if the millionaires behind Sicario/Arrival didn’t make money you wouldn’t have your cherished 2046. :dunno

Very easy concept really.

Then I wouldnt have it...big deal

Most people in here haven't seen it, so they can't talk about it. They're only interested in what google and the Hollywood reporter tells them, hence the BO speculation.

What was your favorite scene in the movie. I know what my favorite shot is.

It wasn't my favorite shot, but seeing the city from above as the police cars were flying, seemed almost disturbing. It was so crammed, the buildings were like sardines in a can.

Not sure what my favorite shot or scene was.

It wasn't my favorite shot, but seeing the city from above as the police cars were flying, seemed almost disturbing. It was so crammed, the buildings were like sardines in a can.

That was classic Deakins. Glorious overhead coverage that's both beautiful and disturbing.

Masterpiece? No, but I thought it was pretty good. I liked it better than BR. The imagery, music, mood and acting. The misery of life is more prevalent in this one. Story itself was pretty average.

8/10

I did get my woman to watch BR Friday night. She was glad she watched it as it helped her understand this flick. She found BR boring but thought Ford was cute. She liked BR49 moar because Gosling is 'hot'.......

As for the box office.... someone needs to make a gif with the director and laughing captain america.....

I am, more than you I bet..I just don't beetch for nothing...

I’m just messing with you Adolfo, you are right not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things.

Jye, are you going to add Ford or Denis Villeneuve to your signature?

Not unless Harvey goes both ways....

Wait it’s Hollywood of course he does.

Sorry Villeneuve and Ford lol

Just fly over Beijing today it looks exactly the same as future BR lol.

Masterpiece? No, but I thought it was pretty good. I liked it better than BR. The imagery, music, mood and acting. The misery of life is more prevalent in this one. Story itself was pretty average.

8/10

I did get my woman to watch BR Friday night. She was glad she watched it as it helped her understand this flick. She found BR boring but thought Ford was cute. She liked BR49 moar because Gosling is 'hot'.......

As for the box office.... someone needs to make a gif with the director and laughing captain america.....

Do most women find blade runner boring?

Then I wouldnt have it...big deal

Don't bother replying to the guy. Dude doesn't understand films are art. Thinks movies are like Football teams.

Villeneuve will go on to make more superb features that cost more than this one and the poster in question will just shake his head at the travesty of a director who's box office reputation means nothing because his artistic prowess is so impressive.

Back