Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

Thinking back on it now...the only thing I wish more watching this film is the feeling of emotion...the BR films are "cold" to me...the first BR I felt more emotion than this film....I related to all the characters which is good...just wish I felt more emotions. ..even like feeling tearful...it just didn't happen...the POTA trilogy did a great job at that...as for BR, I guess great art can be cold...like a nice cocktail ����

Or emotionless... like a robot.

That's one reason I felt Denis would be perfect for Blade Runner. The Arrival had the same cold, distant feeling (which I didn't care for in The Arrival).

Just ordered K's spinner(6"), his license plate, his wooden horse toy and a L/E bottle of Johnnie Walker Black 49 proof Blade runner 2049 directors edition whiskey...39,000 bottles made, numbered too...tomorrow I get the art of BR book at B&N :)

Or emotionless... like a robot.

That's one reason I felt Denis would be perfect for Blade Runner. The Arrival had the same cold, distant feeling (which I didn't care for in The Arrival).

I would love to see DV or a guy like D Fincher tackle a dark star wars film

I would love if hot toys did a K and Deckard(1982) figures

In 1 1/2 hours 2046 and JL trailer will all but be forgotten as we bask in the 1,000 pages of new TLJ footage discussions.

Denis Villeneuve has 1.5 hours left in the limelight lol

**** I bet he’s probably happy for the TLJ trailer taking the attention away from his Heavens Gate Water World narrative.

He’s probably on the phone right now with Kennedy begging her to release the trailer right now lol

In 1 1/2 hours 2046 and JL trailer will all but be forgotten as we bask in the 1,000 pages of new TLJ footage discussions.

**** I bet he’s probably happy for the TLJ trailer taking the attention away from his Heavens Gate Water World narrative.

He’s probably on the phone right now with Kennedy begging her to release the trailer right now lol

Obvious troll is obvious.

How much is Disney paying you per post Jye. If it's like 5 cents a post, I want in. How do I get in on this Star Wars shilling extravaganza.

Blade Runner > Star Wars

Obvious troll is obvious.

What, I enjoyed 2046.

How much is Disney paying you per post Jye. If it's like 5 cents a post, I want in. How do I get in on this Star Wars shilling extravaganza.

C’mon D like you’re not going to join in on the TLJ discussion tonight.

At least Clown is honest about it lol

C’mon you gotta be there to trash on Rey.

I will enjoy making fun of Rey in the next 1,000 pages.

That’s the spirit!

Blade Runner > Star Wars

Even Ridley Scott has gone on record saying SW > BR lol

Last edited:

Blade Runner is one of my top 5 movies, if not #1. This one just got added to the list. Perfection.

That said, I'm not surprised by the box office. Blade Runner is dense, moody, atmospheric sci-fi, not family friendly, and this installment clocks in at nearly 3 hours. I was actually shocked when they were projecting a $100M opening. What they were basing that on I have no idea, because advance sales clearly weren't there, the buzz was not abnormally high, and it was an October opening. Maybe the studio got swept away by the great reviews and the marketing folks figured they would hype it. But $100M? At best I would have figured $50M, which would have been solid and something to build on. But when you project $100M and pull in $31M, you set yourself up. Keep in mind the original was a box office bomb. Folks, including me, discovered it over the years on home video and HBO. And eventually we got the far superior Director's and Final cuts. I also doubt it will pull in big numbers overseas because it's not accessible cinema with universal themes, plot points or action set pieces.

If it had been a terrible movie like Terminator: Genisys or Alien: Covenant or even mediocre like Prometheus, I would be fine with it tanking, because I was one of those early skeptics who thought it was risky bordering on sacrilege to try to make a sequel to Blade Runner. But this movie was flat out brilliant. Hopefully it will at least make its $200M or so back because it would be a real shame to see such a phenomenal piece of movie making get labeled a disappointment. Selfishly, however, I'm just happy 2049 got made. It is the perfect bookend and I cannot wait to own it on digital.

When will something like JOI be available for purchase.

Back