Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

A Toyota Camry costs $30K, a Lambo 4 million.

I’m guessing there will be similar pricing structure for AI depending on their level of being human like.

I wonder when the first AI wedding will take place.

If you buy one in your exact likeness and someone murders it thinking they were killing the real person does that person still get charged for murder or do they just have to pay for the damages?

Will prostitution with one still be illegal?

I wonder if gay people will want gay characteristics built into theirs or will they just want a straight version.

If you beat yours up during rough sex will you get charged with domestic violence if the bot files a report behind your back lol

Are you guys sure you want one.

Marriage between humans will cease to exist.

Who wants to marry a human with imperfections (fat, smelly, bald, bad eye site, bad teeth and toe nails etc) when you can just buy your perfectly sexy young soul mate with nice body.

Last edited:

I’m guessing there will be similar pricing structure for AI depending on their level of being human like.

If you buy one in your exact likeness and someone murders it thinking they were killing the real person does that person still get charged for murder or do they just have to pay for the damages?

I wonder if gay people will want gay characteristics built into theirs or will they just want a straight version.

If you beat yours up during rough sex will you get charged with domestic violence if the bot files a report behind your back lol

Prostitution will always be illegal no matter what even if it involves robots, because of the same people against it. Religious and feminist people.

Are you guys sure you want one.

Marriage between humans will cease to exist.

Who wants to marry a human with imperfections (fat, smelly, bald, bad eye site, bad teeth and toe nails etc) when you can just buy your perfectly sexy young soul mate with nice body.

I want the no means yes model

Oooooo.... crows wants a Gracebot. Special big-bottom model. And she'll never shut up. She'll just keep yappin' all night. Even with her mouth full. Then she'll review your sex.

Just ordered K's spinner(6"), his license plate, his wooden horse toy and a L/E bottle of Johnnie Walker Black 49 proof Blade runner 2049 directors edition whiskey...39,000 bottles made, numbered too...tomorrow I get the art of BR book at B&N :)

Mind if I ask where you bought the whiskey?

They ship to most of the states...

Blade Runner is one of my top 5 movies, if not #1. This one just got added to the list. Perfection.

That said, I'm not surprised by the box office. Blade Runner is dense, moody, atmospheric sci-fi, not family friendly, and this installment clocks in at nearly 3 hours. I was actually shocked when they were projecting a $100M opening. What they were basing that on I have no idea, because advance sales clearly weren't there, the buzz was not abnormally high, and it was an October opening. Maybe the studio got swept away by the great reviews and the marketing folks figured they would hype it. But $100M? At best I would have figured $50M, which would have been solid and something to build on. But when you project $100M and pull in $31M, you set yourself up. Keep in mind the original was a box office bomb. Folks, including me, discovered it over the years on home video and HBO. And eventually we got the far superior Director's and Final cuts. I also doubt it will pull in big numbers overseas because it's not accessible cinema with universal themes, plot points or action set pieces.

If it had been a terrible movie like Terminator: Genisys or Alien: Covenant or even mediocre like Prometheus, I would be fine with it tanking, because I was one of those early skeptics who thought it was risky bordering on sacrilege to try to make a sequel to Blade Runner. But this movie was flat out brilliant. Hopefully it will at least make its $200M or so back because it would be a real shame to see such a phenomenal piece of movie making get labeled a disappointment. Selfishly, however, I'm just happy 2049 got made. It is the perfect bookend and I cannot wait to own it on digital.

See now that’s a very fair assessment and review great job.

Just imagine being in bed with your side bot, the main one bursts in and finds out, gives you the emotionless death stare, next thing you hear is her going through the kitchen drawer for that knife while you squirming for the power switch.

Wait, that's no different from real chicks, right? :rotfl

Just imagine being in bed with your side bot, the main one bursts in and finds out, gives you the emotionless death stare, next thing you hear is her going through the kitchen drawer for that knife while you squirming for the power switch.

Wait, that's no different from real chicks, right? :rotfl

lol

I’m buying the one without jealousy rage lol

I want the T-1000 version that can morph into any girl you’re in the mood for.

That’s definately the 4 million dollar model.

lol

I’m buying the one without jealousy rage lol

I want the T-1000 version that can morph into any girl you’re in the mood for.

That’s definately the 4 million dollar model.

Cool idea but those ones don't even need to go to the kitchen drawer for their knives and stabbing weapons...

Oooooo.... crows wants a Gracebot. Special big-bottom model. And she'll never shut up. She'll just keep yappin' all night. Even with her mouth full. Then she'll review your sex.

If im spending that much, My bot will be a Kat Dennings-bot....

Come on now....

Back