Blitzway- Al Pacino- Scarface- FULL SPEC- new production paint app pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this one has prototype pics and a release date. Its not fair to compare with those figs! ;)

Good point, good point...

I hope Blitzway knocks it out of the park. We need another company making great 1/6 scale toys.

This has already been discussed somewhere in the last 118 pages, but since nothing is happening might as well tread some old territory to ask what people think the chances are that Blitzway bring out alternative Tonys: ie black suit Tony, chainsaw Tony.

I'd snap up a hot-tub Tony:

tony-montana-3.jpg

This has already been discussed somewhere in the last 118 pages, but since nothing is happening might as well tread some old territory to ask what people think the chances are that Blitzway bring out alternative Tonys: ie black suit Tony, chainsaw Tony.

I'm not sure what's the chances are but I'm hoping that the cause of the dealy is that they decided to included an alternate costume for Tony. Just hoping :pray::pray::pray:

So, what's it going to be Blitzway? (Hint: take the left path)

It's ironic you bring up Triad, as Blitzway is producing a new body made of PVC. . . just like Triad's Otaku bodies, and if you know the story there, they were fragile because they used PVC. These guys are all former Hot Toys guys, but they are separated from them and no longer have Hot Toys funds backing them up, this is all on their own. If the body doesn't work, you have to re-sculpt and re-mold it, and that costs time and money. Hopefully, these guys saved their money working for Hot Toys.

And considering NOBODY gets the body perfect on the first try. It will certainly be an interesting watching them try.

Sideshow's Buck, wasn't very good, but we learned to love it, or at least live with it. The first Prometheus was a disaster, but after a few revisions, it was much improved, though the ratchety knees seem to be disliked by many. Of course, we all remember the beloved True Type, which started out ORANGE!! And went through quite a few revisions before it got to the state it is now. And they're STILL throwing in extra wrist pegs because people STILL manage to break them after all these years.

The moral of the story is, POBODY'S NERFECT!!! But, we're gonna keep trying till we get there.

And once we get there, we're going to keep trying because the fans will still say it's wrong.

I'm not sure what's the chances are but I'm hoping that the cause of the dealy is that they decided to included an alternate costume for Tony. Just hoping :pray::pray::pray:

Well I hope not, 'cause I just dropped 50 bucks on a black suit for this baby :lol

This has been said before too, but the chair does not go with white-suit-Tony. So it would be fitting if Blitzway shipped this out with a black suit, but somehow I think we'll just be getting the white suit and the delay is honest to goodness production related. And while a black suit and an M16/M203 would be sweet for we collectors, if I was producing Scarface I'd make it two stand-alone products rather than one uber-figure.

It's ironic you bring up Triad, as Blitzway is producing a new body made of PVC. . . just like Triad's Otaku bodies, and if you know the story there, they were fragile because they used PVC. These guys are all former Hot Toys guys, but they are separated from them and no longer have Hot Toys funds backing them up, this is all on their own. If the body doesn't work, you have to re-sculpt and re-mold it, and that costs time and money. Hopefully, these guys saved their money working for Hot Toys.

And considering NOBODY gets the body perfect on the first try. It will certainly be an interesting watching them try.

Sideshow's Buck, wasn't very good, but we learned to love it, or at least live with it. The first Prometheus was a disaster, but after a few revisions, it was much improved, though the ratchety knees seem to be disliked by many. Of course, we all remember the beloved True Type, which started out ORANGE!! And went through quite a few revisions before it got to the state it is now. And they're STILL throwing in extra wrist pegs because people STILL manage to break them after all these years.

The moral of the story is, POBODY'S NERFECT!!! But, we're gonna keep trying till we get there.

And once we get there, we're going to keep trying because the fans will still say it's wrong.

Thanks for sharing that background info! The body really is a complete unknown on this figure. Maybe they'll give us a Prometheus-style floppy body, hence the chair :lol

..seriously though, I think even if Blitzway get this release 90% right then collectors will afford them some slack. I am really starting to get excited about this figure - if it looks anything like the proto pics and can stand up on its own, I'll be happy :)

Thanks for sharing that background info! The body really is a complete unknown on this figure. Maybe they'll give us a Prometheus-style floppy body, hence the chair :lol

With PVC, the problem is not floppy, it's stiffness. It's a brittle plastic. To me, it sounds like they're making a fle___one body, like painted fle___one. I can't think of why else they'd use PVC. All other bodies are ABS, which is a strong, sturdy plastic. They're probably trying to make it 'look' good. This won't be an 'action' figure, it's a display piece. With Triad's PVC bodies, you had to heat up the joints to soften the plastic, so you could move it. It made to be a display piece. Imagine busting out the blow dryer every time you wanted to pose him sitting down in the chair, or change it so he's holstering his handguns. With this fig, you pose him sitting the chair, and that's it.

When you look at his accessories, it's obvious he's just a display piece. $180 for the fig, a chair and two guns, and what's probably a relaxed hand set and pistol grip hand set. That's a lot of scratch considering that HT's Godfather was a comparable yet more accessory-packed set for about $50 less. I remember scoring the Godfather from Alter Ego for $130, and thinking THAT was too much money at the time. Think about that next time you see a complete Vito Corleone on eBay for $400. Of course, I also canceled my IM MkI order from them, because I just didn't think he was worth $150. . . oh well, you can't win 'em all.

Apparently, you can't say fle___one. . . flesh tone

a-HA, I win, gotta be smarter than the filter.

Well I hope not, 'cause I just dropped 50 bucks on a black suit for this baby :lol

This has been said before too, but the chair does not go with white-suit-Tony. So it would be fitting if Blitzway shipped this out with a black suit, but somehow I think we'll just be getting the white suit and the delay is honest to goodness production related. And while a black suit and an M16/M203 would be sweet for we collectors, if I was producing Scarface I'd make it two stand-alone products rather than one uber-figure.

Ah really? Is that the TTL suit?

Agree! Cause it's not movie-accurate. But I still doubt they'll inlcude a alternate costume for him. Haha..If that's the case then I'll just be buying to you :lol

Apparently, you can't say fle___one. . . flesh tone

a-HA, I win, gotta be smarter than the filter.

I am not smarter than that ____ing ____ ____ter of a filter, I know that much :(

Ah really? Is that the TTL suit?

Agree! Cause it's not movie-accurate. But I still doubt they'll inlcude a alternate costume for him. Haha..If that's the case then I'll just be buying to you :lol

Yep, it's the the TTL one. I'd say the only way of getting a better, more screen-accurate dark suit for Tony would be if Blitzway (or EB, ho ho) make a dark suit Tony. I hope they do, Tony is one of the few lines I'd have multiple versions of :)

I am not smarter than that ____ing ____ ____ter of a filter, I know that much :(

I think its so American to have a bad word filter on a forum, I've never seen the like on a European forum.

Yep, it's the the TTL one. I'd say the only way of getting a better, more screen-accurate dark suit for Tony would be if Blitzway (or EB, ho ho) make a dark suit Tony. I hope they do, Tony is one of the few lines I'd have multiple versions of :)

I feel the same, if they make the black suit tony I might sell of the white suit tony thought and keep the chair. I do not feel that attached to the white suit Tony anyway.

Oh I totally forgot that EB will also do a Scarface but I doubt will see the proto pics soon haha! :lol

I'm sure the EB version will have the black suit no doubt.

Oh I totally forgot that EB will also do a Scarface but I doubt will see the proto pics soon haha! :lol

I'm sure the EB version will have the black suit no doubt.

lol. completley forgot about eb tony too. hopefully we get more stuff with it. would be nice to get the final battle tony or even the hawaiian shirt version

Still nothing but I'm hoping we'll hear something soon, I've got quite a few PO's due for this Quarter but still got no outstanding balances through, not even for my VI. Just don't want them spilling over into Q3 were I've got a ton.

Back