Statue Blitzway- Bruce Lee 40th Anniversary Tribute Statue (1/3 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forget the soundtrack & fight scenes, it's all about the cardboard cutout of Bruce Lee's face :lol

game_of_death01.jpg

don't forget the towel around his neck previous to that..the other fights where not once but twice the look-alike nearly falls over..and the fight with hugh O'Brien at the end when kareem's foot goes flying past bruces face.after bruce had killed him....classic.

There's another version of this movie I think. Japanese version if I'm not mistaken, with a totally different story, but with the Bruce Lee footage. Forgot what it's called.

:horror must be watching a different movie:lol so many mishaps and crappy editing.take away the soundtrack and bruce's fights and your left with a total ripoff.

:exactly:

Forget the soundtrack & fight scenes, it's all about the cardboard cutout of Bruce Lee's face :lol

game_of_death01.jpg

That was probably most offensive thing they could. :mad:

don't forget the towel around his neck previous to that..the other fights where not once but twice the look-alike nearly falls over..and the fight with hugh O'Brien at the end when kareem's foot goes flying past bruces face.after bruce had killed him....classic.

There are too many things to list what is wrong with it, it much easier to list the things what is right about it, as that would be a very short list. :lol

There's another version of this movie I think. Japanese version if I'm not mistaken, with a totally different story, but with the Bruce Lee footage. Forgot what it's called.

Yeah I saw it on you tube, his sister gets kidnapped and they tell him he has to get this treasure or something. :dunno

bruce lee in GOD.from artport.is the japanese version.the BL footage was used in the UK HK legends dvd version. the best thing in the 1978 GOD was the bruce look-alike removing the swordstick from hugh O'Brien..nice move that.

bruce lee in GOD.from artport.is the japanese version.the BL footage was used in the UK HK legends dvd version. the best thing in the 1978 GOD was the bruce look-alike removing the swordstick from hugh O'Brien..nice move that.

Yeah thats the one he is at the air port, someone wants his autograph because he is a famous fighter, which distracts him from seeing his sister getting kidnapped.

Yeah, Lee's original story notes were found in the late 90s.

The original story is he's a retired undefeated competition fighter.

A Korean mafia don has his sister and nephew kidnapped while they are an holiday and forces him to take part in a raid on an ancient temple because the don wants the 'treasure' at the top.

The character seems closest to Lee's real life persona. Its a cocky slightly flamboyant character with a sense of humour. The yellow jump suit and shoes show that off and the recut footage shows him mocking his opponents a lot more than other Lee movies.

Its a shame it was never made in full ....my nerd fantasy is that one day CGI will be good enough that someone will be able to go back and make it properly ....after all the fight scenes are the most important part, right? ..and they're 90% there, so it'd nice to see it all connected.

Yeah, Lee's original story notes were found in the late 90s.

The original story is he's a retired undefeated competition fighter.

A Korean mafia don has his sister and nephew kidnapped while they are an holiday and forces him to take part in a raid on an ancient temple because the don wants the 'treasure' at the top.

The character seems closest to Lee's real life persona. Its a cocky slightly flamboyant character with a sense of humour. The yellow jump suit and shoes show that off and the recut footage shows him mocking his opponents a lot more than other Lee movies.

Yeah that is the one I saw.

Its a shame it was never made in full ....my nerd fantasy is that one day CGI will be good enough that someone will be able to go back and make it properly ....after all the fight scenes are the most important part, right? ..and they're 90% there, so it'd nice to see it all connected.

Really 90%? I thought there was suppose to be a lot more fight scenes like outdoor fight scenes, or were just rumors and that pretty much all of the fight scenes were in pagoda?

Yeah that is the one I saw.

Really 90%? I thought there was suppose to be a lot more fight scenes like outdoor fight scenes, or were just rumors and that pretty much all of the fight scenes were in pagoda?

Well okay ...my percentage was too high :D
But time wise the fights filmed would have made up the vast bulk of the fighting. They are quite long.

From the notes found, we know there should have been two more fight scenes (likely much shorter) in the tower and a big group one outside leading up to entering the tower.

Other than that there isn't anything mentioned. There is a warm up/exercise scene at the mafia don's home with all the fighters (most of whom are gone/beaten by the time we see the first of the shot footage).

The 'outdoor fight scenes' and 'airport fight scenes' often mentioned because there is apparent footage, are actually magazine photo shoots and had no connection to GoD.

It sounds like it would have been very much like Way of the Dragon (but even more so) with the story front loaded and the fighting all in the second half.

But who knows really.....And since he stopped filming to make Enter the Dragon, maybe he came back with a whole bunch of new ideas and everything would have changed anyway....

Well okay ...my percentage was too high :D
But time wise the fights filmed would have made up the vast bulk of the fighting. They are quite long.

From the notes found, we know there should have been two more fight scenes (likely much shorter) in the tower and a big group one outside leading up to entering the tower.

Other than that there isn't anything mentioned. There is a warm up/exercise scene at the mafia don's home with all the fighters (most of whom are gone/beaten by the time we see the first of the shot footage).

The 'outdoor fight scenes' and 'airport fight scenes' often mentioned because there is apparent footage, are actually magazine photo shoots and had no connection to GoD.

It sounds like it would have been very much like Way of the Dragon (but even more so) with the story front loaded and the fighting all in the second half.

But who knows really.....And since he stopped filming to make Enter the Dragon, maybe he came back with a whole bunch of new ideas and everything would have changed anyway....

Umm I think they did as they showed Dan Inosanto an other fighters fighting outside. If memory serves me correctly didn't the mafia show that video footage in the Japanese movie of GOD to Bruce Lee's character and the other fighters to show what they were up against? (not that means anything). From what I remember it showed video footage of Dan and the others against several opponents. There was also footage of Whang Ing Sik fighting a bunch of people and getting defeated by Ji Han Jae (guy before Kareem).

I can't find the footage on you tube but these links explain some of what I said.

https://www.bruceleedivinewind.com/god72.html

https://www.bruceleedivinewind.com/unknowntruth.html

Umm I think they did as they showed Dan Inosanto an other fighters fighting outside. If memory serves me correctly didn't the mafia show that video footage in the Japanese movie of GOD to Bruce Lee's character and the other fighters to show what they were up against? (not that means anything). From what I remember it showed video footage of Dan and the others against several opponents. There was also footage of Whang Ing Sik fighting a bunch of people and getting defeated by Ji Han Jae (guy before Kareem).

I can't find the footage on you tube but these links explain some of what I said.

https://www.bruceleedivinewind.com/god72.html

https://www.bruceleedivinewind.com/unknowntruth.html

I meant Bruce's fight scenes :)
He had a photo shoot in jeans with nunchucks that a lot of people think is part of GoD but is not.

GOD will continue to have many debates:) there's more footage that's not been shown,i have a dvd with over 90mins of just the 3 fights without sound,take after re take with the clapperboard here and there.
then you have kareem's eyes 2 versions.also why did bruce go down the stairs after killing kareem when he had already asked him to ''let me pass'' to go upstairs..films are not filmed in order,but I belive there's more that we haven't seen.john little's and artport have a few variations in them.be it dialogue or scenes.
Shannon is supposedly doing a movie with a script by her father..GOD or SILENT FLUTE?.. Brandon got that script from james Coburn before his death on the crow...who knows.

GOD will continue to have many debates:) there's more footage that's not been shown,i have a dvd with over 90mins of just the 3 fights without sound,take after re take with the clapperboard here and there.
then you have kareem's eyes 2 versions.also why did bruce go down the stairs after killing kareem when he had already asked him to ''let me pass'' to go upstairs..films are not filmed in order,but I belive there's more that we haven't seen.john little's and artport have a few variations in them.be it dialogue or scenes.
Shannon is supposedly doing a movie with a script by her father..GOD or SILENT FLUTE?.. Brandon got that script from james Coburn before his death on the crow...who knows.

I don't believe there is more footage that hasn't been shown.
They're been saying that for 30years. If it once existed its gone forever now. Do you know how much it would be worth?
Really the only possibility is lost reels, misplaced in Golden Harvests vaults but Raymond Chow would have had any storage facility of his searched 100 times over if it would give him 1 more Bruce Lee cent.
The Lee estate is happy to pimp out and sell everything possible so there is no way they are sitting on it.

There has always been a rumour that Dan Inosanto has some footage, mainly because the 'log scene' is missing and he's in it.....but there is no evidence of that and I don't think its true.

I'm interested in Shannon Lee doing one of her fathers scripts! Where did that come from? ....I keep up with her posts and videos and hadn't see a mention of that !?

south china post july this year, family dispute still ongoing.
here's a little snippet.

He says the two books he wrote about Bruce - one in Chinese, the other in Japanese - sold only 1,000 copies each.

Shannon, who plans to produce a film based on a script by her father, tells a different story.

"I hear things … like I have heard some people say my uncle claims they have certain intellectual property rights prior to the day [Bruce] married my mother.

"[Robert] has certainly never said that to me. I asked about it and he denied he had ever said that," Shannon said. "Certainly it wouldn't have been true. That's not how the law works."

Robert said: "Our family was never sued, but received threatening cease-and-desist letters from Linda's ex-attorney. I stopped talking to Linda."
full posting link SAB...as Brandon got ''THE SILENT FLUTE '' script from mr Coburn I wonder what happened to that.
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1286524/bruce-lees-legacy-leaves-family-divided

Last edited:
I meant Bruce's fight scenes :)
He had a photo shoot in jeans with nunchucks that a lot of people think is part of GoD but is not.

Oh yeah I know the ones, I just assumed since there was footage outside already with Dan fighting people and also Whang Ing Sik fighting a bunch of people and then getting defeated by Ji Han Jae that there was bound to be footage in the movie with Bruce Lee fighting people outside before entering the pagoda.

:huh what DVD is this? Are they just outtakes?

What two versions are there with Kareem's eyes? I thought there was only one where he had red inhuman looking eyes?

As far as Bruce Lee going down the stairs and not up, who knows. :confused:

I don't believe there is more footage that hasn't been shown. They're been saying that for 30years.

I don't believe there is either but didn't it take 30 years to find most of that lost footage or was that just hidden and not released to the public until the early 2000s? :huh

If it once existed its gone forever now. Do you know how much it would be worth?
Really the only possibility is lost reels, misplaced in Golden Harvests vaults but Raymond Chow would have had any storage facility of his searched 100 times over if it would give him 1 more Bruce Lee cent.
The Lee estate is happy to pimp out and sell everything possible so there is no way they are sitting on it.

There has always been a rumour that Dan Inosanto has some footage, mainly because the 'log scene' is missing and he's in it.....but there is no evidence of that and I don't think its true.

Yeah I don't believe he has it either, I think you are right there might of been more footage but with the passage of time it is now gone. Which evidently is what they said in Bruce Lee a warriors Journey where we first discovered this missing GOD footage. However, more although not much more footage is seen in the DVD called Bruce Lee in GOD, that was the Japanese movie we were talking about before where Bruce Lee character's sister gets kidnapped at the airport etc.

kareem had round red eyes,and also had red lizard type eyes,perhaps bruce wasn't too sure which to choose.
regarding the dvd,there not the outtakes, it appears to be the fights filmed,take after take with the clapperboard in camera view sometimes,no audio on the track either.got this several years ago(2005),i also picked up Brandon's pilot for kung fu next generation complete with commercials,and other things midway through.cheesy but but fun.so young and raw.

Last edited:
south china post july this year, family dispute still ongoing.
here's a little snippet.

He says the two books he wrote about Bruce - one in Chinese, the other in Japanese - sold only 1,000 copies each.

Shannon, who plans to produce a film based on a script by her father, tells a different story.

"I hear things … like I have heard some people say my uncle claims they have certain intellectual property rights prior to the day [Bruce] married my mother.

"[Robert] has certainly never said that to me. I asked about it and he denied he had ever said that," Shannon said. "Certainly it wouldn't have been true. That's not how the law works."

Robert said: "Our family was never sued, but received threatening cease-and-desist letters from Linda's ex-attorney. I stopped talking to Linda."
full posting link SAB...as Brandon got ''THE SILENT FLUTE '' script from mr Coburn I wonder what happened to that.
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1286524/bruce-lees-legacy-leaves-family-divided

Oh yeah, I did read that interview ! :rotfl

kareem had round red eyes,and also had red lizard type eyes,perhaps bruce wasn't too sure which to choose.

Oh I actually thought they turned from normal to red lizard type eyes. I didn't know the GOD footage just spliced those pics together. :slap

regarding the dvd,there not the outtakes, it appears to be the fights filmed,take after take with the clapperboard in camera view sometimes,no audio on the track either.got this several years ago(2005),i also picked up Brandon's pilot for kung fu next generation complete with commercials,and other things midway through.cheesy but but fun.so young and raw.

Oh I thought you meant you had some extra footage with different fighters but its just the same fights we have already seen right? :dunno

Thanks for uploading that, yeah seen some of this before, 5 mins is enough for me, I don't think I could watch 90 mins of it, since most of it is just repeating the same scene from what I gather. :thud:

I hear what you say about 90mins of repeating scenes,but it's an interesting watch to see what ''director'' bruce was aiming for with certain camera angles,long shots,close ups etc.that's how I viewed it.:wink1:

Back