Statue Blitzway- Bruce Lee 40th Anniversary Tribute Statue (1/3 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this comparison pic, I have done can clear things up. The face is not really chubbier, just wider, except like you said jaw line might not be as defined. Nevertheless, this sculpt would not suit FOF or Big Boss more or any Bruce Lee movie for that matter as Bruce did not have cheek bones are prominent as this statue.

Ouch ....kind of wish I hadn't seen this :D

I know the pic on the right is stretched a little but it still clearly shows that Arnie's sculpt this time is a fair way from perfect.

Most annoying ebay question is "Is the brown shipper box included and if so what is the condition of it?"

I respond, 'of course its included, thats what it ships in. its got stickers and writing all over it from when it was sent to me, and I intend to add a lot more when I ship it to you. Thanks for your question"

I admit I have asked if the brown shipper box is included but not what condition is it in. However, I have only asked that question for new figures and I actually say is it still sealed in the brown shipping box.

I've never banned someone for asking but i cross my fingers those people don't bid. Those are the people that will lodge a Paypal claim over a crease in the shipping form :D

Can they do that also can they win a dispute over that?

Ouch ....kind of wish I hadn't seen this :D

I know the pic on the right is stretched a little but it still clearly shows that Arnie's sculpt this time is a fair way from perfect.

I wouldn't say a fair way from perfect but yeah like most agree face is too wide.

Nevertheless, this proves his face is not fat, except maybe the jaw line could be more defined, but the cheek bones in his face are too broad, making the whole face wider. While the shape around the face is too wide, the inner proportion of the face looks perfect to me in this pic below. This is the most important factor I consider for likeness.

ys8t.jpg

I think that's the part in the video where I thought the sculpt looked most impressive. Now that I think about it, I wonder if it's because only part of the face is shown, & not the whole sculpt? Hmmm.

Maybe, but the face shape is still not going to prevent me from buying it. Besides Lawrence, you are not getting this anyway right?

I'm not pre ordering this. I've already made my choice to buy another similarly priced statue, which I'm pretty excited about. But I am still pretty interested in this Bruce Lee statue. As is, it still looks impressive, but I'm not against tweaks to the sculpt if Arnie Kim or Blitzway decided to do so. If this is still sitting around in stock somewhere, at retail price, after I get the collectibles I really want, then I might think about picking it up. Don't really want to have a bunch of Bruce Lee collectibles in my collection, & not have, what might be, the best one released so far :D

I'm not pre ordering this. I've already made my choice to buy another similarly priced statue, which I'm pretty excited about. But I am still pretty interested in this Bruce Lee statue. As is, it still looks impressive, but I'm not against tweaks to the sculpt if Arnie Kim or Blitzway decided to do so.

I think it's too late now to tweak the sculpt, but yeah I am not against tweaking it either. That being said, I don't care if they don't change a thing. :D

If this is still sitting around in stock somewhere, at retail price, after I get the collectibles I really want, then I might think about picking it up. Don't really want to have a bunch of Bruce Lee collectibles in my collection, & not have, what might be, the best one released so far :D

Hmm ok I thought you were really not interested in picking this up at all, but its more the fact that it is low on your priority list. I guess I can understand that, since after all you can't collect everything.

I hope you it is around for RRP for you to pick up later Lawrence, you do seem like you want it. :pray:

BTW you mention you don't have many Bruce Lee collectables? What ones do you have?

The only complete boxed sets remaining in my collection are the EB WotD 1/4 figure, EB Game Of Death figure, & EB Black Label statue (which is now a Game Of Death statue. Thanks Chris :D). Not a collection to get too excited over I guess :lol

The only complete boxed sets remaining in my collection are the EB WotD 1/4 figure, EB Game Of Death figure, & EB Black Label statue (which is now a Game Of Death statue. Thanks Chris :D). Not a collection to get too excited over I guess :lol

Oh cool, any pics of GOD black label statue? BTW what GOD figure do u have Nokia or BTS?

The infamous BTS version :lol Even though that figure doesn't have the best reputation, & I'm not as impressed with the sculpts like I might have been before, I still like it :D

I think I have pics somewhere in this thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106872&page=81

But it's pretty similar to what is shown on that page anyway :D

These the only pics?
46718821.png

75590297.png

34746002.png

86204347.png

93884791.png

The suit looks a bit big but unlike action figures, it looks more like a human in a suit. Like looks more natural. :dunno

You actually went & found my pics :lol

It is what it is. I like it :D But I still haven't managed to tie the shoelaces :lol

Most annoying ebay question is "Is the brown shipper box included and if so what is the condition of it?"

I respond, 'of course its included, thats what it ships in. its got stickers and writing all over it from when it was sent to me, and I intend to add a lot more when I ship it to you. Thanks for your question"

I've never banned someone for asking but i cross my fingers those people don't bid. Those are the people that will lodge a Paypal claim over a crease in the shipping form :D

:lol very ture...i have often been asked this question but with eBay its about making the buyer happy (rather than it come back to haunt you) so i always put the shipper into another box for precaution reasons if anything so that the second box adds as extra protection from knocks, etc...

as for condition wise, i dont know why they ask that? :dunno A shipping box serves one purpose...to ship and protect he item. So it bugs me when people ask what the condition is - and when i tell them that it has a few knocks and dents on the corners they lose complete interest!?! WTF!! :dunno

as long as the retail packaging/box arrives undamaged the ''shipper box'' and other boxes can have stickers/writing all over it.

as long as the retail packaging/box arrives undamaged the ''shipper box'' and other boxes can have stickers/writing all over it.

I have to say, of all the statues/busts i have recieved from Sideshow since collecting, i've yet to recieve an art box that has hasnt sustained a dented corner, crushing or general damage to it.

Nowadays, i'm more concerned about the item arriving in one piece rather than the damage caused to the art box or shipper! :horror:lol

agree.that's my concern with this statue.my enterbay stuff all arrived in one piece and no damage to the art box as did my 1.1 neca crow bust (BIG BOX).so I hope my luck holds out with this one.

I keep forgetting this is meant to be so soon.
....used to Sideshows PF waiting period of 9+ months!

Its still marked 'September 2013' on their website. I think someone emailed and asked directly and was told its now October.

I'm thinking January :D

I actually have no idea on the official date of shipping? Some have said its September whereas my local retailer says its December but expect delays :(

I actually have no idea on the official date of shipping? Some have said its September whereas my local retailer says its December but expect delays :(

It will be delayed, I am guessing it will be December for the UK, maybe November for US. I would not be surprized if here in Australia we don't get it till Jan 2014. :thud:

Back