Statue Blitzway- Bruce Lee 40th Anniversary Tribute Statue (1/3 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me personally,it's blitzway's lack of communication on this.they say release sept.ship oct.yet they cant confirm a date,or size of this release (even though it's sold out).if I was told (confirmed) nov.dec etc then fine.but all this ''mystery'' from them.kinda makes the company. look very amature-ish to me.

me personally,it's blitzway's lack of communication on this.they say release sept.ship oct.yet they cant confirm a date,or size of this release (even though it's sold out).if I was told (confirmed) nov.dec etc then fine.but all this ''mystery'' from them.kinda makes the company. look very amature-ish to me.

Are Blitzway a well established company? This will be my first product of theirs and to be honest before seeing this statue i'd never heard of them before? What i am happy about is that for once a company has made a statue using both the polystone for a body and the resin/plastic material for the face sculpt for added realism...i seriously think this is the way to go for future statues and one which Sideshow should also look into...

they have only been going for about 3 years andy.i too had never heard of them prior to this statue.so maybe they are experiencing a few ''teething probs'',but c'mon this is sold out and still no edition size,cant give an exact date for shipping even though everyones (buyers/retailers) details should be with them:gah:.so the lack of communication from them is the biggest thing that's bugging me.maybe they should look at doing something with their customer services:exactly:.how hard is it to what people want to hear from them.:dunno

This is their first Premium Format style statue ....and they've gone for an extra big 1/3 size !

Their first two releases were 1/6 figures Scarface and Carlito's Way.
Both those figures were a fair bit late (from memory) but arrived with high quality and were reviewed well.

They are the reason I've decided to order.
The only problem I see them having to work out here is really logistics as these statues - especially the massive base - will mean the size and weight they're dealing with is far greater than anything previously done.

i agree with the logistic side.but have they underestimated this statue in other ways? have they even got all the statues ready.
details coming from them are very very vauge.

This is their first Premium Format style statue ....and they've gone for an extra big 1/3 size !

Both those figures were a fair bit late (from memory) but arrived with high quality and were reviewed well.

The only problem I see them having to work out here is really logistics as these statues - especially the massive base - will mean the size and weight they're dealing with is far greater than anything previously done.

Out of curiosity, do you think the base for this piece will be hollow or pretty solid? If its the latter then i'd imagine the shipping costs would be extremely high...:dunno

There's a video out for the Gold version. It's essentially the same one we already knew, but with a new, sharper shot briefly interspersed before the stills at the end.

dhx5.jpg

Click here for a full-screen snapshot.

Ok when I watch that video I don't even notice the chubby face, in some shots it just looks like the statue is alive by the way the eyes are positioned. It's the best Bruce Lee collectible ever made IMO and blows EBs one out of the water!

:rock

total weight inc package is 14kgs,so I would think its pretty solid.maybe 7kgs base and 4kgs for the statue.hope the statue aint hollow.but who knows.but blitzway should have factored all this in prior to release.but the way things are going i'm not so sure.
nah he's still chubby:lol.but still a great imposing brucey

total weight inc package is 14kgs,so I would think its pretty solid.maybe 7kgs base and 4kgs for the statue.hope the statue aint hollow.but who knows.but blitzway should have factored all this in prior to release.but the way things are going i'm not so sure.

It could be since it is cheap for a 1/3rd statue.

Out of curiosity, do you think the base for this piece will be hollow or pretty solid? If its the latter then i'd imagine the shipping costs would be extremely high...:dunno

I'd say the base is definitely hollow. What would they gain by having that as a solid piece ?

nah he's still chubby:lol.but still a great imposing brucey

It could be since it is cheap for a 1/3rd statue.

I've always found peoples need to have their polystone statue be solid inside as the single most bizarre aspect of this hobby :D

Saying that ...in this case Bruce is probably solid. He is thin and in multiple pieces so its probably easier to have the core be one solid block.

Hollow ones are normally when the figure is massively wide, ie. Hulk etc...

What i am happy about is that for once a company has made a statue using both the polystone for a body and the resin/plastic material for the face sculpt for added realism...i seriously think this is the way to go for future statues and one which Sideshow should also look into...

Preach it! I certainly have! :) I really salivate at the prospect of other characters done this way. Starting with that Chris Reeve Superman, d'you hear that, Blitzway?! Get to it! :impatient: :p

Same here. Not into action figures, but their Carlito Brigante sculpt was top notch, and reassuringly so.

I am moving house soon (and yes this giant statue shall be part of the new house !!)

But I've decided I don't need the Enterbay 1/4 Bruce Lee's as well.

I know there are a few Australian's on this thread, any Ozzie's interested in

HD-1002 with custom 1/4 mirror dio
HD-1003
HD-1008

??

ok guys im new to this statue, I see the reg is sold out but the uber expensive $775 version exclusive is available...what was going on w this statue in terms of the shipping problems, etc? - thanks

Preach it! I certainly have! :) I really salivate at the prospect of other characters done this way. Starting with that Chris Reeve Superman, d'you hear that, Blitzway?! Get to it! :impatient: :p

Really surprised that it hasnt been done sooner :dunno Certainly makes for a more complete collectible imo...:)

I am moving house soon (and yes this giant statue shall be part of the new house !!)

But I've decided I don't need the Enterbay 1/4 Bruce Lee's as well.

I know there are a few Australian's on this thread, any Ozzie's interested in

HD-1002 with custom 1/4 mirror dio
HD-1003
HD-1008

??

wow.thought you would keep hold of the HD1002 SAB.

Back